Insect collapse study ‘one of the most disturbing articles I have ever read,’ expert warns Just 3.6°

hurricanewatcher

Oct 11, 2018
Insect collapse study ‘one of the most disturbing articles I have ever read,’ expert warns
Just 3.6°F warming has wiped out up to 98% of rainforest insects.

A disturbing new study finds that global warming helped drive as much as a 60-fold decline in insect population in Puerto Rico’s tropical rainforest between 1976 and 2013.

“Our results suggest that the effects of climate warming in tropical forests may be even greater than anticipated,” said lead author, biologist Brad Lister, of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI).
And that’s a potentially catastrophic problem given that the forest saw 3.6°F (2°C) warming during that time — yet warming this century is on track to be far greater.

These new findings follow several studies in recent years that found collapsing insect populations around the world.

https://thinkprogres...s-29ae68123fa8/

This is pretty dark stuff. insects are probably 80% of the animal kingdom.

"Think Progress"... :lol:

A disturbing new study finds that global warming helped drive as much as a 60-fold decline in insect population in Puerto Rico’s tropical rainforest between 1976 and 2013.

Our results suggest that the effects of climate warming in tropical forests may be even greater than anticipated,” said lead author, biologist Brad Lister, of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI).

And that’s a potentially catastrophic problem given that the forest saw 3.6°F (2°C) warming during that time — yet warming this century is on track to be far greater.

What a bunch of mediocre BULL SHIT and LIES.

Canaries getting sick and dying in the coal mine are everywhere. It is only the fool coalminer who ignores the signals and remains in the mine. Only a matter of time before the coalminer gets sick and dies unless he takes corrective action.

Last edited:
Canaries in getting sick and dying in the coal mine everywhere. it is only the fool coalminer who ignores the signals and remains in the mine. Only a matter of time before the coalminer gets sick and dies unless he takes corrective action.

Of course.

Now explain how turning over our wealth and sovereignty to a world government will restore the climate so that it never changes again

Canaries in getting sick and dying in the coal mine everywhere. it is only the fool coalminer who ignores the signals and remains in the mine. Only a matter of time before the coalminer gets sick and dies unless he takes corrective action.

Of course.

Now explain how turning over our wealth and sovereignty to a world government will restore the climate so that it never changes again
Where the fuck did he say that? Get a grip and pull the cranial appendage out of your anorectal line.

Of course.

Where the fuck did he say that? Get a grip and pull the cranial appendage out of your anorectal line.

What does your nonexistent lab work say?

Forum List

Back