Innovation: how to ideas

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Innovation spurs job growth/lower costs. One way to do this is with prize money. As when Charles Lindburgh soloed the Atlantic or the X-prize established multiple private space companies that are slowly coming online or the annual DARPA prizes led to the DARPA net I am using now.

So what kind of prizes should be established?

And what techniques other than prizes would leverage innovation and therefore job creation?

Innovation spurs job growth/lower costs. One way to do this is with prize money. As when Charles Lindburgh soloed the Atlantic or the X-prize established multiple private space companies that are slowly coming online or the annual DARPA prizes led to the DARPA net I am using now.

So what kind of prizes should be established?

And what techniques other than prizes would leverage innovation and therefore job creation?

Reform the U.S. patent system as it stymies innovation in all industries except for Pharma and Biotech.
Good article about this at www.forbes.com>Entrepreneurs ...titled "Roadblocks to Innovation", by Maureen Farrell

Thanks for the reply and the lead but I find it strange that none of the usual suspects have posted, do you?

Thanks for the reply and the lead but I find it strange that none of the usual suspects have posted, do you?

Must be on vacation?
Good OP though.
It's part of my attempt to develop a proposal for a libertarian tax and economic policy.

Don't tax me, don't tax thee let's tax the guy behind the tree i. e. non-US legal residents and citizens.

Auction off greencards. Tax employers of illegals 150% of the latest price for greencards per illegal employee or send them to jail for conspiracy to evade taxes if they can't pay.

Have a national lottery where tickets are sold only at US entry ports in the non-US resident line or by email from overseas. A first prize in excess of 1.111... billion dollars so the lumpsum at 10% off can also exceed 1B should snare every degenerate gambler in the planet.

Get rid of the national debt and kick start the economy.

Take half of the net revenues to pay off the national debt.

Use the other half of net revenues for prize money to spur innovation and let congress critters pick what prizes they want.

Must be on vacation?
Good OP though.
It's part of my attempt to develop a proposal for a libertarian tax and economic policy.

Don't tax me, don't tax thee let's tax the guy behind the tree i. e. non-US legal residents and citizens.

Auction off greencards. Tax employers of illegals 150% of the latest price for greencards per illegal employee or send them to jail for conspiracy to evade taxes if they can't pay.

Have a national lottery where tickets are sold only at US entry ports in the non-US resident line or by email from overseas. A first prize in excess of 1.111... billion dollars so the lumpsum at 10% off can also exceed 1B should snare every degenerate gambler in the planet.

Get rid of the national debt and kick start the economy.

Take half of the net revenues to pay off the national debt.

Use the other half of net revenues for prize money to spur innovation and let congress critters pick what prizes they want.

Are you sure that you want 'congressional critters' to pick anything?
Anyways, kudo's to you for thinking outside of boxes :eusa_clap:!
I read your posts, and you are NO dummy.......B. Kidd

The catch 22 I find in innovation, is that the more the "machines" (to use my Termninator terminology!!) take-over, the less necessary human labor.

The catch 22 I find in innovation, is that the more the "machines" (to use my Termninator terminology!!) take-over, the less necessary human labor.
That is happening in any case we are becoming a wealth based not income based society.

Forum List

Back