Information Gathering Paradox

Do you share personal information on the Internet?

• Yes

• No

• I do not like polls or surveys - I share what I want to share

Results are only viewable after voting.
I did not realize it was such a big industry, Guno, data collecting, mining, but apparently it is.

Who is we? You know. Not everyone does. That is the reason for this thread, Bleipriester. Not everyone realizes what is going on when someone is information gathering on a message board, a face book site, a chat room, etc. It can be very dangerous. People need to think before they hand over information to a complete stranger. It isn't wise.
Gathering information seems to be the big business nowadays. User tracking is a part of that and this site runs nine trackers. I turned them off using Ghostery. Just for your knowledge.

It is big business for criminals too. I am not as concerned about Facebook or the owners of message boards as I am about the strangers who visit those places in order to gather information and use it to the harm of others. Not everyone who joins in a discussion is there for harmless fun. Some are seriously dangerous people and should be avoided. If you see a pattern - complete stranger suddenly shows up and wants to be your new best friend, too friendly, pattern of asking personal questions, constantly badgering for more information, it is a warning sign. Have nothing to do with them.
True. But we are adult people. The same threat lurks in RL.
What is RL?
The Real Life.

Who is we? You know. Not everyone does. That is the reason for this thread, Bleipriester. Not everyone realizes what is going on when someone is information gathering on a message board, a face book site, a chat room, etc. It can be very dangerous. People need to think before they hand over information to a complete stranger. It isn't wise.
Gathering information seems to be the big business nowadays. User tracking is a part of that and this site runs nine trackers. I turned them off using Ghostery. Just for your knowledge.

It is big business for criminals too. I am not as concerned about Facebook or the owners of message boards as I am about the strangers who visit those places in order to gather information and use it to the harm of others. Not everyone who joins in a discussion is there for harmless fun. Some are seriously dangerous people and should be avoided. If you see a pattern - complete stranger suddenly shows up and wants to be your new best friend, too friendly, pattern of asking personal questions, constantly badgering for more information, it is a warning sign. Have nothing to do with them.
What is RL?
The Real Life.

lol. Thank you. You've just taught me something new.

No, nothing at all like what happens on line.

Remember before the software change, there was always a count at the bottom of the board which showed how many non-members were lurking. Some were bots but many were not.

Its just smart to keep your private life private.

No, nothing at all like what happens on line.

Remember before the software change, there was always a count at the bottom of the board which showed how many non-members were lurking. Some were bots but many were not.

Its just smart to keep your private life private.

I understand what you are saying and I believe you're right, Luddly, but I also know that there are evil people lurking not only on the internet but in real life as Bleipriester calls it - places you would not suspect them. I also remember the old system with the bottom of board showing how many non - members were "lurking". Great word - "lurking" that is exactly what it is. That feature for seeing who was reading - was great, too bad they don't have it here.

And here is a warning to Christians and those who believe in God and desire to serve God whether you are in a church or not - there are deceivers who work their way into churches who should not be permitted in, these people are leading bible studies, prayer groups, volunteering in children's church, I've seen it with my own eyes and clearly those people are not Christians. They get in because the leadership is not Spirit led and lacks discernment to tell see what is going on. These ones cleverly disguise themselves as Christians but when you look at the fruit in their life they are the tares (Satan's children) not the wheat (God's children) and they come in to sow discord, destroy lives, destroy the Pastor's life, etc. It is utterly wicked.

I just finished reading a book called, From the Dragon's belly by Shauna Manfredine. The author is a woman Bible study group leader who was deceived by such a person. The end story was it was a high level witch sent into her church to replace another man (who was a witch) on assignment to destroy them. By the grace of God, the Holy Spirit exposed what was going on and the church confronted the witch which led to them leaving immediately.

What was strange was that the witch had admitted to the bible study group that she was formerly in a coven and that she was able to obtain from demons the list of sins others were involved in and use that information against them - this would only be something a high level witch could have had access to - so the church missed it because they were not aware of these things nor did they recognize the strategies of the enemy.

With that said, there are people who worship nature and call themselves a witch and have never been involved in that level of deception and evil and may not even believe in the existence of Satan or hell but in God's eyes it is all the same irregardless and a true satanist knows there is no difference in black or white witchcraft.

This is the type of thing that people need to look out for on the internet because there are people online who are specifically targeting Christians and looking for opportunities also to destroy the testimony of the saints. There are other reasons for them targeting Christians but the truth is that for those not under the blood of Jesus Christ or backslidden - they are open season to curses being spoken against them which can result in sickness, accidents, death, financial ruin, you name it. Again - you do not know who you are dealing with on the internet so be vigilant.

One final word about those in the occult - if they repent and receive Christ as their Lord and Savior -they can become the finest of Christians because they already know the evil that is in this world and that the only way to wage warfare against it successfully is to be clean and living holy lives. Those who live holy lives unto the LORD the enemy cannot touch. They know this and there have been Satanists saved (and Witches) who have testified again and again that the only people they could not murder,seduce in order to bond with and gain access to victim, cause accidents against, destroy their lives, finances, harm their animals, etc. were the born again Christians who were strong in their faith and lived holy lives unto the LORD. Against them? They were powerless.

So for Christians who don't believe that there are any consequences to being backslidden - think again - you're open season for the enemy and if you live in darkness? You cannot see what is right in front of you. If you live in and walk in the Spirit and are not fulfilling the lusts of the flesh - the Holy Spirit will give you spiritual discernment that you need to see what is around you, in front of you, behind you, the enemy will not be able to gain a foothold and you will stand in the victory and destroy his camp. Christians are to be taking ground for the kingdom of God not losing it.

For those of you who have never been saved and do not know the LORD, this is one of the strategies Satan uses to destroy your lives because he knows you have no protection. He sends his servants to curse you, cast spells, in order to destroy your life - Then he deceives you into believing the tragedy that has befallen you was from God and that God does not love you because He didn't prevent it. That is how he keeps you from coming to Christ - he has many strategies to keep you from your salvation. Some of you didn't realize how he operates. Now you know.

It is God who loves mankind and Satan who seeks to destroy mankind and his servants are no different.

Last edited:
I like polls and sharing information (general information) - I find what other people think and feel fascinating

I will share info in certain places. Where I feel there is a "trust" level of some sort, so, it varies.
I know no matter where you go (internet or real life) your personal information is never truly safe.

My answer is - it depends.

Forum List

Back