India Pledges $1 Billion in Economic Aid to Afghanistan

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
I am looking forward to a day when Afghanistan will get stabilized.

---

NEW DELHI—India offered $1 billion in economic aid to Afghanistan, the latest sign of tightening ties between the two countries that is likely to raise concerns in neighboring Pakistan.

Wednesday’s announcement came after Afghan President Ashraf Ghani held talks with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi during a visit to New Delhi. Both countries have seen their relationship with Pakistan grow tense in recent months, as each accuses it of not doing enough to crack down on terrorists that operate within its borders.

For its part, Pakistan has long viewed India’s collaboration with Afghanistan with suspicion, concerned it is being encircled by its rivals. It denies giving support to terrorists, saying it is also victim to terror attacks.

Mr. Ghani reached out to Pakistan after taking power in 2014, in hopes it would use its influence over the Taliban to facilitate peace talks. But his relationship with Islamabad has since frayed. He has accused Pakistan of sheltering terrorists responsible for orchestrating attacks in Afghanistan.

Pakistani officials in Islamabad didn’t immediately respond to a request for a reaction to the announcement.

India Pledges $1 Billion in Economic Aid to Afghanistan

It would be good if they could build cultural ties as well. Perhaps let the Afghans field a team in the Ranji Trophy ?

It would be good if they could build cultural ties as well. Perhaps let the Afghans field a team in the Ranji Trophy ?

I think that is what they are doing restoring the cultural ties India and Afghanistan used to have. BTW, I am all for Afghanistan fielding a team in Ranji Trophy if they want that.

I think that is what they are doing restoring the cultural ties India and Afghanistan used to have. BTW, I am all for Afghanistan fielding a team in Ranji Trophy if they want that.
The bigger countries need to help the developing ones in orderto grow the game. Zimbabwe used to play in the Currie Cup and Holland and Denmark play in the UK 1 day trophies.
Sport can build bridges.

Forum List

Back