India Becoming a Military Power?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
INS_Vikramaditya_during_trials-386x257.jpg

And it's a nuke! I can't even begin to say the name but have been reading about it for some time now. This goes along with Indian's purchases of more weapons systems of all kinds. And, one has to remember the long-standing border conflicts with Pakistan and China.

Read more @ INS Vikramaditya and the Aircraft Carrier Debate | The Diplomat and INS Vikramaditya and the Aircraft Carrier Debate | The Diplomat

And here's a rare video about the shipyard that built it @ [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1gDMLLQxOto]Mazagon Dock Ltd - India's Premier Warship House - YouTube[/ame] thanks to Livefist blog.

I am not sure if India is becoming military power or any kind of power but here is a military news concerning Indian Navy. Arihant, an Indian built nuclear submarine is setup to test fire BO-5 nuclear missile. It is expected to join the service in few months.

---

NEW DELHI: The indigenous nuclear submarine INS Arihant is set to be launched for sea trials in a "month or two" and it will testfire the submarine-launched nuclear capable ballistic missile BO-5, DRDO said today.

The nuclear reactor on board the INS Arihant was activated last year in August taking it closer towards sea trials after which the vessel would be inducted into operational service in the Navy.

"Arihant is going through the power-up cycle (in its nuclear reactor). ..

Read more at:
INS Arihant to testfire BO-5 missiles in sea trials: DRDO - The Economic Times

INS_Vikramaditya_during_trials-386x257.jpg

And it's a nuke! I can't even begin to say the name but have been reading about it for some time now. This goes along with Indian's purchases of more weapons systems of all kinds. And, one has to remember the long-standing border conflicts with Pakistan and China.

Read more @ INS Vikramaditya and the Aircraft Carrier Debate | The Diplomat and INS Vikramaditya and the Aircraft Carrier Debate | The Diplomat

And here's a rare video about the shipyard that built it @ Mazagon Dock Ltd - India's Premier Warship House - YouTube thanks to Livefist blog.

They have been for a few decades.....welcome to reality.

Forum List

Back