Independents Will Decide the Election

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Toro, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,001
    And of all the Republican candidates, they favor Romney.

David Brady: Will Independents Vote GOP In 2012? - WSJ.com

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. PredFan

PredFan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,617
    I blame the independants for screwing up this country. They gave us Bush and Obama.

3. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Interestingly, on my way back from the US over the weekend, I stayed overnight in London. Went out with some friends and met an American woman living in London. We got to talking politics. She said "you know that joke about voting for Obama in '08 to prove you're not racist, and not voting for him in '12 to prove you're not stupid?"

"Yea", I said "I've heard that joke".

"Well, that's me" she said.

Independents absolutely will decide the outcome of '12. And, God willing, they'll remember that joke.

4. truthsaga

truthsaga Economic and BlowBack Ace

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I believe if you look at latest polling and the election results from Iowa, it may be a toss up between Romney and Paul. Paul's support has grown the Republican base as well in Iowa he won the independent vote 3 to 1.

5. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    Ron Paul is not electable. Most of us Independents already know this. If the GOP had not been so scared of Obama, they would have let their good candidates run in 2012, rather than shelving them for 2016. Instead, we are stuck with the dreadful field you see in front of you. Independents WILL decide this election, just as we typically have decided every other one. As with the GOP's stupid decision to pair McCain with Palin because they thought Independent voters were too stupid to see through their ploy, the GOP's stupid decision to hold their best back from the 2012 election will help to deliver their defeat from the jaws of victory.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  6. CaughtInTheMid

CaughtInTheMid Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Independents decide most Presidential elections. But the parties give them the sorry choices.

7. truthsaga

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56

Ron Paul / Mitt Romney do best against Obama

Poll: Among GOP hopefuls, Romney fares best against Obama - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Ron Paul is unelectable because you believe the opinion molders. He challenges the big business policies of both political parties. It is disgusting to see how the political process is being undermined by the media on both sides of the spectrum. If you feel he is unelectable why do they not even report on his polling numbers when he is tied in first or second?

Why does he need to be shunned and never reported fairly upon?

You may disagree with Ron Paul and that's fine, but do you think it is fair to the process that he does not receive fair media coverage or even have his polling / fundraising results displayed?

He raises more money from the military then all other GOP candidates combined and it doesn't get reported.

In NH, he is polling second, but many news channels just took him out of the reporting and displayed the 3rd place Huntsman as second place.

MASSIVE Manipulation of Headlines To Affect NH Vote - non-Event to spur fake momentum

8. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    No....the reason Ron Paul is unelectable is because he says stupid things, and we Independent voters actually LISTEN:

9. truthsaga

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56
    He speaks about intellectual ideas that take more than a brochure or talking point guide to register. That is why trying to hope that no one will look into the substance of what he is saying, because if they did they know he is speaking the truth.

This is in 2002, take 5 minutes. His ideas come from wisdom, sound principles, and an understanding of what made the American experiment what it is today. These are not stupid things.

Ron Paul - Predictions in Due Time (Original) - YouTube

That's why his support is solid. This is why the attacks and blackouts against Ron Paul are not working.

I am an independent voter and I support Ron Paul.

10. Vel

Vel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,914
    ^ Independent? :lol::lol::lol: