Independent Media Is Dead. Assange Might Just Be a Hero After All...

LibocalypseNow

Jul 30, 2009
It has become abundantly clear that there is no more Independent Media. Obviously they just regurgitate Government Talking Points. This goes for both Conservative & Liberal Media. For example,look at the current news reporting on the Libyan Bombings. All News Outlets are constantly reporting that Gaddafi is intentionally targeting his Civilian population. But this makes no sense for Gaddafi. It doesn't do him any good to target his Civilians. So it's just more War Propaganda in the end. Just more of that "But we just gotta protect those Civilians" stuff. The Media just goes on repeating the Bomber's Talking Points. It doesn't matter to them whether or not it's true. They don't even question the Talking Points. So Independent Media really is dead.

Now we get to Julian Assange and Wikileaks. The closest thing we have ever gotten to truth on Government came from his Wikileaks. Hillary Clinton ordering spying on UN Members? Ordering diplomats to steal samples for DNA Testing? Pretty shocking stuff no? Why didn't any Media Outlets report this? You just know some knew about this. They just chose not to report it. So Assange and Wikileaks provided us with a real glimpse into how much Governments lie to the People. No Media Outlets showed us this. Wikileaks did. Now look at what they're doing to this guy. Supposedly he's the scourge of Humanity. But is he? Personally,i think it's time to call the man what he really is...A Hero. He gave us truth and we know we're never going to get that from Media. I hope he survives this persecution because we desperately need Wikileaks. I guess we'll see though. Stay tuned.

So much for transparent government for the people.

How are expected to know how to cast our vote if we are kept in the dark?

I dig the leaks.

Liboc it was the same for the Iraq War in the beginning, the media just went along with it and claimed anyone who was in government during 9/11 and soon after was a hero. So heros can do no wrong so the Iraq War can't be questioned.

Same with our current war in Libya. Obama is thought of highly and his public relations image (somehow) is that he's a peace-hungry, war-hating, diplomacy-first, pacifist when really he's a warmongering nation-builder like every other prez we've had in recent times.

Liboc we both know the game is the same for the media as it is for the 2 mainstream parties. The goal is to continue the game that the 2 parties are polar opposites and that their public relations and p-r campaigns aren't rhetoric, they're facts.

Who would watch a news channel that went on and on reporting facts about how similar the 2 parties were? What republican would watch a news channel that reported how much Bush and the republican congress skyrocketed welfare/social security/size of gov't/pork-barrell spending from 2001-2007? What democrat would watch a news channel that reported facts about how important it is for Obama to warmonger in oil-filled countries and not in other countries with countries who kill civilians at a much higher rate?

I would, but probably not many others :(.

Yea it's all about access for today's Media. If They do enough ass-kissing they get more access to Government. But they have to sell their souls to the Devil for this access. They then have to spew Government Propaganda 24/7. Just look at their reporting on these Libyan Bombings. It's all just Government Talking Points. They don't even question these Talking Points. That's why Wikileaks has been so important. It's the closest thing to truth about Government that we'll ever get. Can't count on the Media,that's for sure.

There are some things that the public has no business knowing.

The problem is the elite know these things & the public does not. That means they can take full advantage of situations & screw the rest of us. The people in the know tell their friends how to trade stocks, currencies & commodities based on secret info so the can screw the rest of us & they get filthy rich.

It would have nice to know that we were going to make regime change happen in all these oil countries before everyone else. Secret info is creating 2 classes of citizens in this country. The ones with the intel get rich while the others get robbed.

I would think since Vietnam and Watergate that the public can handle the truth. 1/2 the public doesn't care and vote and the other half can handle the truth.

Sorry, i don't believe that we the public have any business knowing what deal is made between two countries especially when it involves a third country who really shouldn't know what is being agreed on. Think about it. If we knew everything, so would our enemies.

This is why i was against reporters moving with the troops during the gulf war. Saddam didn't need battlefield intel, he just had to watch CNN.....

The damage done by Assange has not been discussed in the media, because they don't know about it. But that doesn't mean the damage hasn't been done. Assange should be arrested, charged, tried and, once convicted, sent to prison for a very long time.

The damage done by Assange has not been discussed in the media, because they don't know about it. But that doesn't mean the damage hasn't been done. Assange should be arrested, charged, tried and, once convicted, sent to prison for a very long time.

I disagree. He should be commended and hailed a Hero by all. He did the Job the Media should have done. He didn't just settle for regurgitating Government Talking Points like they do. He actually showed us the truth. Your Government lies to you 24/7. I have to thank him and applaud him for his bravery. I don't believe he did anything illegal either. But hey,that's just how i see it anyway.

As Glenn Beck says, "The truth has no agenda."
Some times your sacred cows get deservedly gored, If so let it make you reflect.

The fact is I haven't trusted the government all my life and the media has failed as well.
They are fine as long " learn from wiki" never check the facts,or learn history from old books.

The fact is I haven't trusted the government all my life and the media has failed as well.
They are fine as long " learn from wiki" never check the facts,or learn history from old books.

Yea it really is hard to stomach the MSM these days. The constant repeating of Government Talking Points is just so tired & annoying. They've become so ignorant & lazy. I tune em out as much as possible. Wikileaks was refreshing & enlightening. I just don't understand how so many don't see that. The Government tells them they're supposed to be angry at this Assange guy and they immediately obey orders and start screeching about lynching him. Most don't even know what they're so angry about. They just know they're supposed to be angry. It really is brainwashing. Personally,i'm very thankful Wikileaks came along. People really can be completely clueless as to the Evil their Governments do. Wikileaks shed some light on that for us. So why lynch the guy? I don't get it.

It has become abundantly clear that there is no more Independent Media. Obviously they just regurgitate Government Talking Points. This goes for both Conservative & Liberal Media. For example,look at the current news reporting on the Libyan Bombings. All News Outlets are constantly reporting that Gaddafi is intentionally targeting his Civilian population. But this makes no sense for Gaddafi. It doesn't do him any good to target his Civilians. So it's just more War Propaganda in the end. Just more of that "But we just gotta protect those Civilians" stuff. The Media just goes on repeating the Bomber's Talking Points. It doesn't matter to them whether or not it's true. They don't even question the Talking Points. So Independent Media really is dead.

Now we get to Julian Assange and Wikileaks. The closest thing we have ever gotten to truth on Government came from his Wikileaks. Hillary Clinton ordering spying on UN Members? Ordering diplomats to steal samples for DNA Testing? Pretty shocking stuff no? Why didn't any Media Outlets report this? You just know some knew about this. They just chose not to report it. So Assange and Wikileaks provided us with a real glimpse into how much Governments lie to the People. No Media Outlets showed us this. Wikileaks did. Now look at what they're doing to this guy. Supposedly he's the scourge of Humanity. But is he? Personally,i think it's time to call the man what he really is...A Hero. He gave us truth and we know we're never going to get that from Media. I hope he survives this persecution because we desperately need Wikileaks. I guess we'll see though. Stay tuned.

Agreed, may there be more like him.

Lock his ass up and melt the key.

I hear ya. I felt the same way at first. But then i realized the Government was just manipulating us again. They went out their with the use of the MSM and worked on brainwashing us. They really did whip up such hysteria and anger. Most people you talk to don't even know what they're angry about. All they know is that they're supposed to be angry at Assange & Wikileaks. They can't give you any real specific reasons why they're so angry. Yet they're all screeching about lynching the guy. Most don't even bother to think about what their own Government is doing. They're too busy being angry at Assange & Wikileaks. It's such a Government & MSM misdirection trick. Assange hasn't done anything illegal. He just gave us truth. And for that i'm grateful to him. They should free him immediately. I know we disagree on this one but i do respect your opinion. Thanks.

Agreed, may there be more like him.

Yea we desperately need more Wikileaks these days. The Media has become completely corrupted. It's all about repeating the Government Talking Points for them. They have become very ignorant & lazy. I watched CNN last night and i couldn't believe how often they just regurgitated Government Talking Points word for word. It really was sad. I had to turn them off. Lets hope more Wikileaks come along and they free Assange. We shouldn't lynch Heroes.

Forum List

Back