Ina LANDSLIDE, House repeals Obamacare

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Mini 14, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,477
    Okay we're making progress. You have FINALLY agreed that the CBO ues data supplied by the administration and/or Congress. The same Administration that hired the management of the CBO, evaluates its performance, authorizes its salary and benefits, and has power to keep people in their jobs or let them go.

Do you not think that the information furnished to the CBO might at least possibly be weighted on the side of a piece of unpopular legislation favored by that same Administration and/or Congress? Are you, a reasonably intelligent and educated American honestly going to try to convince me that the Administration and/or members of Congress are not biased and might possibly feed the CBO data favorable to their interests?

Again it is your opinion that the organizations I listed are biased. You have provided no evidence of any kind for that. I suspect they are because we all are. I am. You have thus far demonstrated bias to the extreme on this topic without anything to back up your opinion other than your gut. And you have nothing to back up your presumed opinion that those organizations whose livelihood depends on doing honest, credible, and competent work would do less than that due to bias.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  2. bigrebnc1775

bigrebnc1775 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,848
    :clap::thewave::whip::udaman:

3. bigrebnc1775

bigrebnc1775 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,848
    Can you prove your argument to be correct?
    Jake you're not sounding very mainstream in this rply. you are sounding kind of like an extremist.

I've notice the same thing Neotrotsky has pointed out

-believing the General Welfare Clause can be used by itself for generating legislation
    -believing that statism does not exist anywhere in the world
    -believing that Rousseau had a greater influence on the founding of this nation than Locke
    -believing that the Tenth Amendment does not exist or matter, such a reckless view of the Constitution
    -believing that the Commerce Clause can be used to justify any Federal gov't intrusion
    -the apparent use of resources that are outside the mainstream
    -NEW- believing that there is no transfer of man's rights in their Social Contract with gov't
    -NEW- believing that Red China is a country of individual economic and personal freedoms.
    -NEW- believing that the size of gov't does not matter

4. JakeStarkey

JakeStarkey Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44,189
    My comments are in the mainstream. Those by Neo and others are far, far to the right. My statements are common knowledge, theirs are not. Our Founders were influenced by many, including Locke and Rousseau, and the Founders recognized natural rights, civil liberties, and social compact.

To suggest the above is not so is ludicrous.

5. hylandrdet

hylandrdet Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Assuming that it passes the Senate, I'll consider this house action as a...

V ery
    E ntertaining
    T oken of
    O pposition

Food for thought.

6. Neotrotsky

Neotrotsky Council to Supreme Soviet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,451
    Jake, we know you are not the mainstream
    because you are afraid to defend your beliefs or statements

But, it is your story and you can tell it anyway you want

Jake, again

-believing the General Welfare Clause can be used by itself for generating legislation
    -believing that Rousseau had a greater influence on the founding of this nation than Locke
    -believing that the Tenth Amendment does not exist or matter, such a reckless view of the Constitution
    -believing that the Commerce Clause can be used to justify any Federal gov't intrusion
    -NEW- believing that there is no transfer of man's rights in their Social Contract with gov't
    -NEW- believing that Red China is a country of individual economic and personal freedoms.
    -NEW- believing that the size of gov't does not matter

The US is just not ready for this kind of extreme thinking on your part.
    No doubt seeing a rejection of the manifestation of the "Rousseau way" last election must have really brought that point home to you.

Jake, the US is just not ready for such out of the mainstream thinking like yours.

7. Flopper

Flopper Gold Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,647
    The CBO determines the expected costs and cost savings of each items in the bill. If they cannot cost out an item in the bill they will so state. The cost projections are based on information from many sources not just data from the administration. In the analysis the director made it clear that the CBO does not speculate as to the future actions of Congress or the administration. Also, the CBO leaves it to other analysts to speculate on the capability of government and the likelihood of success.

You can find a lot of information on how the CBO made their analysis on their website.
    Congressional Budget Office - Home Page

8. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,477
    Yes I have read their website on more than one occasion. And I know why they were set up as a government agency in the first place and what their function is.

And not a single syllable in their website addresses my comments re the CBO.

9. taichiliberal

taichiliberal BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +239
    For all the slavering neocons/oathers/birthers/teabaggers/Libertarians/Bluedog Democrats, etc.

The GOP "victory" in the House in Nov. 2010 was a result of LOW VOTER TURNOUT. Idiots that voted for Obama and were pissed that he didn't fight hard enough (in their opinion) for the policies and platforms they put him in for....decided that staying home was a good protest.

So now we've got a bunch of neocon GOPers who throw a bone to their teabag flunkies with this empty, time wasting gesture.

Reid's statement falls WELL within his rights for his position in the Senate....and the "people" WANT A HEALTH CARE REFORM. The GOP DOES NOT HAVE THE VOTES IN THE SENATE TO REPEAL THIS LAW! THE PRESIDENT CAN VETO THIS REPEAL BILL.....it's his right under the law, as it was Reagan's, as it was the Bush family's.

Bottom line: the GOP doesn't have squat with regards to jobs or healthcare accept to return to the very policies that caused our current problems. They seem to demonstrate a pattern that is indicative to the Party of NO and it's health insurance backers.....which is denying any FACT based evidence that contradicts YOUR conclusions and beliefs/assertions.

Case in point: it was the CBO that consistently caused the Obama administration to go back to the drawing board before a final proposal was deemed fiscally acceptable. The GOP and neocon punditry had NO problem with the CBO so long as they were complimentary to the anti-healthcare reform mantras. No suddenly, it's the old teabagger confusion about being against the gov't (while wanting gov't to enforce laws that favor corporations...go figure) because they tell you something you don't want to hear.

The fallacy that "all was well" before the healthcare reform bill passed is just that...fallacy. If you doubt that, just check out the Congressional testimonies of Dr. Peeno or Wendell Potter.

And if all the neocon/teabagger/oather/Libertarian/bither concern is about people getting something for nothing off of their tax dollars....then why don't they complain about the healthcare options that members of the House & Senate have?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  10. JakeStarkey

JakeStarkey Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44,189
    Neo has been posting wildly because he is stumbling. He lied in that I explicitly or even implicitly supported the following that he even won't tell us whether he believes in them or not.

Neo, you have to make a case with evidence, not assertions.

Show exactly where in each of the statements, I have support it, and secondly, tell us where you stand on each.

He won't do either and I will keep reminding him of his failure from now on.

Jake, it really is surprising how out of the mainstream you are sounding of late

Neo thinks he is mainstream. How funny.