In this conflict it is the Christians and Muslims on one side and Israel on the other

In this conflict it is the Christians and Muslims on one side and Israel on the other.

I thought this quote of PF's needed a thread of its own.

Discussion:

At the time of the creation of the Israeli state in 1948, it is estimated that the Christians of Palestine numbered some 350,000. Almost 20 percent of the total population at the time, they constituted a vibrant and ancient community; their forbears had listened to St. Peter in Jerusalem as he preached at the first Pentecost. Yet Zionist doctrine held that Palestine was “a land without a people for a people without a land.” Of the 750,000 Palestinians that were forced from their homes in 1948, some 50,000 were Christians—7 percent of the total number of refugees and 35 percent of the total number of Christians living in Palestine at the time.

In the process of “Judaizing” Palestine, numerous convents, hospices, seminaries, and churches were either destroyed or cleared of their Christian owners and custodians. In one of the most spectacular attacks on a Christian target, on May 17, 1948, the Armenian Orthodox Patriarchate was shelled with about 100 mortar rounds—launched by Zionist forces from the already occupied monastery of the Benedictine Fathers on Mount Zion. The bombardment also damaged St. Jacob’s Convent, the Archangel’s Convent, and their appended churches, their two elementary and seminary schools, as well as their libraries, killing eight people and wounding 120.

The Palestinian Christians see themselves, and are seen by their Muslim compatriots, as an integral part of the Palestinian people, and they have long been a vital part of the Palestinian struggle. As the Anglican bishop of Jerusalem, the Reverend Riah Abu al-Assal has explained, “The Arab Palestinian Christians are part and parcel of the Arab Palestinian nation. We have the same history, the same culture, the same habits and the same hopes.”

The American Conservative -- Forgotten Christians

The Arab Palestinian Christians are part and parcel of the Arab Palestinian nation. We have the same history, the same culture, the same habits and the same hopes

They were singing the same song in Iraq, now Christians are being slaughtered in the street. The Christians in Egypt said they were the luckiest minority in the world, now I hear they are having problems there as well. When the shit hits the fan the Christians in Palestine will be chased out as well.

The Arab Palestinian Christians are part and parcel of the Arab Palestinian nation. We have the same history, the same culture, the same habits and the same hopes

They were singing the same song in Iraq, now Christians are being slaughtered in the street. The Christians in Egypt said they were the luckiest minority in the world, now I hear they are having problems there as well. When the shit hits the fan the Christians in Palestine will be chased out as well.

Oh, like the shit has not been hitting Palestine's fan for over 60 years.

It seems when Muslims cannot find Jews, or other Muslims to attack they fall back to the old standby of attacking Christians. Christianity is a very real threat to Islam not just because they declared war on them in the past, kicked them out of Spain or stopped the earlier jihadi cold but because Christians are relentless. Every nation on the planet has at least a small Christian presence and Islam cannot truthfully make a similar claim. The Muslim refusal to allow Christians the ability to worship freely and openly seek converts is proof the Muslims are terrified given the chance most Muslims would convert. While Muslims are told their doctrine was sent from, a God called “Allah” through one angel to one person to repeat the message. Christians are taught The One True God as part of a trinity personally delivered his own guidance. In the battle for one-upmanship, Christianity trumps Islam without even breaking a sweat.

PF :cuckoo: said:
The Palestinian Christians see themselves, and are seen by their Muslim compatriots, as an integral part of the Palestinian people, and they have long been a vital part of the Palestinian struggle. As the Anglican bishop of Jerusalem, the Reverend Riah Abu al-Assal has explained, “The Arab Palestinian Christians are part and parcel of the Arab Palestinian nation. We have the same history, the same culture, the same habits and the same hopes.”
Yeah, right... :eusa_whistle:

Dude.... why dont you strap on a bomb vest and go stand up for the Palestinian cause?

You are hack for them and completely useless here in America.... IMHO

All you do is post wonderful flowery images of the life of a Jew hater.

:cuckoo:

Yes Palestine is not peaches and crime but for now the only reason the Palestinians have held onto the Christians is because they see a use for them, just like the Iraqis did with their Christians. Once the time comes and they no longer need them, they will be thrown to the side and have to run and hide for their lives, just like in Iraq.

Now every prophet before Mohammad was a Jew. Then Moses just decided to go out of Israel to find the next one...

OK.... :cuckoo:

Christians wonder this as well, even the ones that are being used in Gaza. Let's face it, if they set their kids to explode and put them in harms way as shields, the Christians are also tools for them.

Now every prophet before Mohammad was a Jew. Then Moses just decided to go out of Israel to find the next one...

OK.... :cuckoo:

Christians wonder this as well, even the ones that are being used in Gaza. Let's face it, if they set their kids to explode and put them in harms way as shields, the Christians are also tools for them.

50 years ago countries like Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Afghanistan etc. all had communities of Muslims, Jews and Christians living together side by side. Now, that is no longer the case. In Iraq they hung their Jews in the streets when Israel was formed and chased them out of the country, now they are doing their Christians the same way. Christians are only tolerated in Muslim countries for the most part, like I said when shit hits the fan, the Christians will be chased out on the streets and murdered.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P31QmyEsjhc[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53vViKeUPcY&feature=related[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtEJnTdc5S8[/ame]

I hope one day, Mr. Tinmore, you actually visit the country--Israel--that you've dedicated your life to bash. Even though I'm Jewish, I loved visiting the ancient Christian and Armenian communities in Jerusalem and Nazareth. There is, of course, complete freedom of worship in Israel. And I participated one year in the annual Christian Feast of Tabernacles parade.

I hope one day, Mr. Tinmore, you actually visit the country--Israel--that you've dedicated your life to bash. Even though I'm Jewish, I loved visiting the ancient Christian and Armenian communities in Jerusalem and Nazareth. There is, of course, complete freedom of worship in Israel. And I participated one year in the annual Christian Feast of Tabernacles parade.

Sure, I would like to see the wast Bank and Gaza while I am there. Who would I see to do that?

Sure, I would like to see the wast Bank and Gaza while I am there. Who would I see to do that?

Israel, the West Bank and Gaza

So, Israel makes it dangerous to visit the West Bank and Gaza.

Thanks for the warning.

U.S. citizens planning to travel to Israel or the West Bank should read carefully the detailed information concerning entry and exit difficulties in the Country Specific Information sheet at:

U.S. citizens in Israel, the West Bank, and the Gaza Strip are strongly encouraged to register with the Consular Sections of the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv or the U.S. Consulate General in Jerusalem through the State Department's travel registration website, https://travelregistration.state.gov. Occasional warden messages issued by the Embassy and the Consulate General are e-mailed to registered U.S. citizens and are posted on State Department websites to highlight time-sensitive security concerns.

U.S. citizens who require emergency services may telephone the Consulate General in Jerusalem at (972) (2) 630-4000, after hours (for emergencies): (972) (2) 622-7250, or the Embassy in Tel Aviv at (972) (3) 519-7575, after hours (for emergencies): (972) (3) 519-7551.

Hundreds and hundreds of people have visited Gaza in the last few years and none of them were attacked by Palestinians.

Why the warning?

In this conflict it is the Christians and Muslims on one side and Israel on the other.

I thought this quote of PF's needed a thread of its own.

Discussion:

At the time of the creation of the Israeli state in 1948, it is estimated that the Christians of Palestine numbered some 350,000. Almost 20 percent of the total population at the time, they constituted a vibrant and ancient community; their forbears had listened to St. Peter in Jerusalem as he preached at the first Pentecost. Yet Zionist doctrine held that Palestine was “a land without a people for a people without a land.” Of the 750,000 Palestinians that were forced from their homes in 1948, some 50,000 were Christians—7 percent of the total number of refugees and 35 percent of the total number of Christians living in Palestine at the time.

In the process of “Judaizing” Palestine, numerous convents, hospices, seminaries, and churches were either destroyed or cleared of their Christian owners and custodians. In one of the most spectacular attacks on a Christian target, on May 17, 1948, the Armenian Orthodox Patriarchate was shelled with about 100 mortar rounds—launched by Zionist forces from the already occupied monastery of the Benedictine Fathers on Mount Zion. The bombardment also damaged St. Jacob’s Convent, the Archangel’s Convent, and their appended churches, their two elementary and seminary schools, as well as their libraries, killing eight people and wounding 120.

The American Conservative -- Forgotten Christians

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8LmMtScH3g[/ame]

Forum List

Back