In Theaters: Amsterdam

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
I saw this movie a couple days ago. It has received really bad reviews, but I liked it a lot.

It is based on an actual attempted coup in 1933. Some financiers were really pissed that FDR took the country off the gold standard and they were also convinced he was a communist. They has facistic tendencies and tried to recruit General Smedley Butler to their cause and offered him the dictatorship of America. Instead, General Butler blew the whistle to Congress.

This movie has a huge cast of big stars. They all wanted to be in this movie so badly they worked for scale. Remi Malik only worked for six figures.

The movie plot is very complicated but a lot of fun.

The costumes and sets are amazing.

And I have to say Margot Robbie is absolute perfection in this movie. Jaw droppingly beautiful. I could not take my eyes off her.

Wow! I mean...wow!

All the women in this movie are drop dead gorgeous.

The "Business Plot". This event was swept under the rug so completely that it became legend almost immediately. It was not just "some financiers" it was the richest industrialists in America who had developed a real admiration for that Hitler fellow.

There is no evidence of an assassination attempt on FDR but as coincidence would have it in on this very date (10/14) in 1912 an attempt was made to assassinate Teddy Roosevelt.

There is no evidence of an assassination attempt on FDR but as coincidence would have it in on this very date (10/14) in 1912 an attempt was made to assassinate Teddy Roosevelt.

Forum List

Back