In Slow News Month Of August... Cindy Sheehan Is It

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
kathleen parker comes through as always.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/editorial/outlook/3308595

In slow month of August, a grieving mother is news
By KATHLEEN PARKER

It is unseemly to critique how people express their personal grief, especially when it comes to those who've lost children to war.

So if Cindy Sheehan wants to camp outside President George W. Bush's Crawford ranch in the name of her son ・Army Spc. Casey Sheehan, who was killed last year in a Baghdad ambush ・then she deserves only cool drinks and soft shade.

As for those glomming onto her tragedy ・whether for political posturing or personal profiling ・gloves off. As these grief hounds bask in the kliegs of temporary fame, even the dogs of "dog days" skulk in shame.

Yes, of course, it is August.

With no shark bites in weeks and Natalee Holloway still missing after more than two months; with the Supreme Court confirmation hearings still weeks away and already stale, and the shuttle crew safely landed, what's a ravenous news horde to do?

Why, stake out the president and the mother who mourns her son.
continue at link

Whats a mother to do?????? I feel sorry for this mother for her loss, but I do not agree with her "blaming" Bush. Her son volunteered and should have had some idea of the dangers he would be facing. He probably did not figure he would be one to die, but in war one never knows.
She is getting alot of press for the anti war advocates and if that is in fact her objective I think her message would be less contrived to speak clearly to that issue, and keep her son's death as her own personal loss.

Forum List

Back