Impossible to find balanced coverage.

Dick Foster

Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2018
The People's Republic of the Californicated
I'm am trying to follow the impeachment closely. However even CPAN is apparently part of the corrupt left lean of the mainstream media. For a publicly funded media outlet like CSPAN there should be no bias whatsoever however they constantly cut in and interrupt coverage of the president's attorneys to cover some billslit mutterings of Schumer the Shithead or Shitdforbrains Schiff and others. Frankly if they can't provide fair and balanced coverage, federal refunding of CSAN should cease immediately and forever. How hard is it to turn a camera and mic on and leave them alone?

kiss trumps fat ass or cspan is biased -

live cameras filming real time --

now who in the f is going to believe that shit.

:abgg2q.jpg:

How Hard Is It To Turn On A Mic And A Camera, And Just Let Them Run ??
Are You Saying The Public Can't Be Trusted With Their Own Lyng Eyes And Ears ??
You Need To Be Editorialized Into Knowing What To Think ??

:aug08_031:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just because you don't like factual, objective coverage damaging to Trump doesn't mean the reporting isn't balanced.
There was nothing said by those idiots damaging to Trump. Quite the opposite in fact, they're damaging themselves every time they open their stupid mouths.
BTW Ken Starr is currently giving an excellent talk. He's cutting the legs out from under the dumbocrats and making them out the stupid, anti American, whores and sluts they truly are.

I'm am trying to follow the impeachment closely. However even CPAN is apparently part of the corrupt left lean of the mainstream media. For a publicly funded media outlet like CSPAN there should be no bias whatsoever however they constantly cut in and interrupt coverage of the president's attorneys to cover some billslit mutterings of Schumer the Shithead or Shitdforbrains Schiff and others. Frankly if they can't provide fair and balanced coverage, federal refunding of CSAN should cease immediately and forever. How hard is it to turn a camera and mic on and leave them alone?
FYI CSPAN gets ZERO tax dollars, not a single penny is funded by taxes, the govt.

Maybe you and the op should turn on MSNBC or CNN who have not interrupted the trial, ever.... it's compete coverage, live.

Care4all said:
FYI CSPAN gets ZERO tax dollars, not a single penny is funded by taxes, the govt.
So As A Private Non-Profit
Subsidized By Carrier Fees
C-SPAN Is Free To Break In And Editorialize The Impeachment At Will

The goal of media is not to delivery balanced coverage because that is impossible in the highly polarized political environment of today. What the media tries to do is give their audience what they want to hear and see. It is up to the viewer to construct their version of balanced coverage by watching both sides, something few people have the time to do.

You're right I pay for the shit when I pay my satellite bill. In other cases when you pay your cable bill but it's like a tax in as much as I have no choice.

You know, I noticed something interesting over the past couple of days..............

When the House managers were making their case, MSNBC and CNN ran all of it, and the only time they had commentators on was when they took a break in the Senate. As soon as they started up again, the commentators stopped and the trial was broadcast again.

FOX on the other hand, ran the House managers for the first day or so, but then they stopped providing audio, did a split screen, and had their commentators opine on what they thought was being said.

Now that the Trump defense team is up? FOX is running the trial again, and they are letting the people on the floor of the Senate be heard. CNN and MSNBC have continued to show audio and video, only commenting when they took a break.

So, who is the station that is biased again?

Shut down the TV, turn off the NPCs.

Live in the real world and balance you shall find.

Huh --- they used to do just that, turn on a mike and go away for coffee. So now they are doing "breaking news" stuff? I agree with you. Set it and leave it. We have CNN and MSNBC for partisan, biased leftwing reporting.

What the media tries to do is give their audience what they want to hear and see. It is up to the viewer to construct their version of balanced coverage by watching both sides, something few people have the time to do.

I don't think it's about time. I could watch the leftwing commie channels as well as Fox, but I definitely don't want to do that! It's unpleasant and substantially untrue, just propaganda to try to get leftists' power back. I'm not going to listen to that stuff.

Just because you don't like factual, objective coverage damaging to Trump doesn't mean the reporting isn't balanced.
On the Prog channels with the Trump team their screen typed messages say just that and that only no matter what statements are made. When the Progs spoke every statement accusing Trump was put into screen messages. The more this goes on the less they will be trusted.

What the media tries to do is give their audience what they want to hear and see. It is up to the viewer to construct their version of balanced coverage by watching both sides, something few people have the time to do.

I don't think it's about time. I could watch the leftwing commie channels as well as Fox, but I definitely don't want to do that! It's unpleasant and substantially untrue, just propaganda to try to get leftists' power back. I'm not going to listen to that stuff.

nah, its much better to whine about Trump getting f'd by the madia -

:CryingCow:

Again...................if anyone wants to see which of the 3 cable stations are biased, simply look at how they covered the trial so far.................

FOX - covered the House managers making their case for about a day, but then they said it was all repetition and did a split screen showing the floor of the Senate, but no audio, and the other side was a FOX pundit telling people what they think was said on the floor. When Trump's defense came up? They started to fully cover the trial again.

CNN and MSNBC have fully covered the whole thing. The only time their pundits break in is when the Senate takes a break, but when they reconvene, the coverage goes back to the floor of the Senate. They did it when the House was making their case, and they are continuing to do it while Trump's defense team makes its case.

Forum List

Back