Immortus solar sports car to offer unlimited range on sunny days

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Immortus solar sports car to offer unlimited range on sunny days

By Loz Blain - August 13, 2015

The Immortus is so light and aerodynamic, has such a light footprint on the road and so many built-in solar panels, that it is designed to drive for an unlimited range on a sunny day (Credit: EVX Ventures)

http://www.gizmag.co...ed-range/38900/

nice advancement!!!!
immortus-solar-electric-car-unlimited-range2x.jpg

It is great Matt. What's the backup plan for rainy days? I guess it wouldn't do well in England, but extremely well in the Sahara.

• Banned
It is great Matt. What's the backup plan for rainy days? I guess it wouldn't do well in England, but extremely well in the Sahara.

Think ten or twenty years down the line! Think of better solar panels, lighter batteries and lighter but strong frames. We could have a car with that recharges with "light" load of batteries in 15 years that is like this one! ;)

This is why I love science because it is exciting and opens up windows.

I'll admit in a cloudy and rainy environment this probably won't be very good.

If you WANT to drive 37mph forever --- have at it.. Sounds like my worst driving nightmare. Just don't accelerate or use any heating or air..

Whatever they are doing to get these numbers is just too large a compromise.. With the "skinny" wheels that reduce friction -- you and your date better bring survival gear for that night in the ditch..

Nissan Leaf is about 0.3KW-hrs/mile.. These folks claim 0.04KW-hrs/mile. But that's not at any realistic driving scenario, just at constant speed cruising-- whereas the Leaf spec is closer to real driving conditions.

It's an experiment, not a product.

Forum List

Back