Immigration....

How's that GOP autopsy from the last election going?

once again we controlled the house and the spending arm. and once again the republicans are doing for Obama what they did for Clinton, controlling their out of control spending. who knows, with a little republican discipline, even a total disaster like Obama could have a thing or two positive come out of his time in office

I have to remind people that free movement of labor and capital are fundamental conservative principles. People come here illegally because the legal route is expensive and arduous. People come here illegally because the incentives to do so, namely jobs, are enormous.
Make it easier for immigrants to come legally. Make it harder for them to collect social benefits. Problem solved.

You can only do that with a strong economy.

Immigration should be more difficult when the economy is weak. It makes no sense to take on everyone else's poor when we have so many folks not working.

When the economy is weak it isn't much of an issue. In the last downturn illegal immigration dropped quite a bit. If there are no jobs, why take the risk in coming?

Here is what I think should happen to people that hire illegals
First case..10,000 dollars/illegal
Second case...I agree with joe,,,>10 times that per illegal.
Third time...Strip the fat cat of his/her citizenship and deport them to their favor country(mexico).

This is how you deal with this.

I realize a fucking Stalinist like you who just loooves state power would get off on this. But in reality the record system in this country is so fucked it is way too easy to hire illegals.

no one takes issue to legal immigration. it's the illegal part that sets most of us of. and the reason for that is the cost implications it has on us and the drain on our already strapped resources. pile on top of that our liberal policies which even make it more favorable to be an illegal alien. if I lived in a state like California I would be revolting against my state officials with some of the most asinine legislation they have passed regarding illegals

It does appear that this regime favors criminal illegal invaders over both legal immigrants and citizens. Have you ever wondered why?

Stop all immigration until we can have full employment of the people here now. We are going broke supporting people who are un or under employed now. We don't need more mouth to feed.

I have to remind people that free movement of labor and capital are fundamental conservative principles. People come here illegally because the legal route is expensive and arduous. People come here illegally because the incentives to do so, namely jobs, are enormous.
Make it easier for immigrants to come legally. Make it harder for them to collect social benefits. Problem solved.

Immigration should be more difficult when the economy is weak. It makes no sense to take on everyone else's poor when we have so many folks not working.

When the economy is weak it isn't much of an issue. In the last downturn illegal immigration dropped quite a bit. If there are no jobs, why take the risk in coming?

What risk would that be? The risk that they'll be granted blanket amnesty? Or maybe the risk that their "naturalized" spawn will be granted enough public assistance to support their illegally squatting family?

What risk would that be? The risk that they'll be granted blanket amnesty? Or maybe the risk that their "naturalized" spawn will be granted enough public assistance to support their illegally squatting family?

Shocklingly most illegals actually work and dont qualify for benefits. They do risk deportation, as well as getting killed making the trip over the border.

I am almost sure that the bill is dead in Congress( if reps in Congress have any brain left ). to make sure it is never brought to vote - CALL YOUR CONGRESSMAN and demand it to be killed.
The way the last confrontation was handled by demrats, the only way to assure you are not railroaded next time is to kill it entirely.

Follow reid's policies.

Here is what I think should happen to people that hire illegals
First case..10,000 dollars/illegal
Second case...I agree with joe,,,>10 times that per illegal.
Third time...Strip the fat cat of his/her citizenship and deport them to their favor country(mexico).

This is how you deal with this.

I realize a fucking Stalinist like you who just loooves state power would get off on this. But in reality the record system in this country is so fucked it is way too easy to hire illegals.

you guys BOTH have no idea how it works.

First - we don't need any immigration "reform" - the existent law is absolutely enough - one can legalize under it from illegal status - if one wants to. so all this brouhaha about system being "broken" means somebody wants' to gain power and make money on the change.

Second - the whole overhaul has two goals - one is pretty obvious as a net for future voters for dimocraps, the second is hidden by the same dimocraps as that lie they are hiding might actually nullify the first one - they plan to make a lot of money on those 11 million - even if they have to pay just the existing legal fees, which are up to 2-3K per person - it will generate some money flow, but if the figure is increased by back taxes - the money will be enormous.
Do not ever think that the ones which are at the very top of the leftard machine are stupid. Our board shills are ignorant and stupid, but their masters are not. They are evil liars, but not stupid. All they care is money and power - and those are the exact goals left pursues in ANY policy. ALWAYS.
If you are able to look past their standard "bleeding heart" lies :D

Last edited:

Shocklingly most illegals actually work and dont qualify for benefits. They do risk deportation, as well as getting killed making the trip over the border.

While some, most even, may work, there are still too many who come here for the "freebies". And shockingly, not even most of them have to make the dangerous border crossing. Bottom line, however they came to be here, if they did not come via legal ways, they are criminal trespassers. I find rewarding their. Law-breaking to be the wrong way to deal with them. Deport them, their families, and make them go to the end of the line.

While some, most even, may work, there are still too many who come here for the "freebies". And shockingly, not even most of them have to make the dangerous border crossing. Bottom line, however they came to be here, if they did not come via legal ways, they are criminal trespassers. I find rewarding their. Law-breaking to be the wrong way to deal with them. Deport them, their families, and make them go to the end of the line.
Link?

Damn straight.

Damn straight.

Immigration is uk seems as hot a topic then in uk.

In the uk we have a high immigration. Some of them are very hardworking and others less so. My view is that their need to be control on immigration in the uk but you can,t end it alltogether as it gives those who want to work hard a chance to start a new life

But its a hot topic in the uk and around the world and their is no easy answers.

Link?

Where I live there are far more Chinese and other Asians, as well as Phillipinos who move in illegally. A fair number of Africans, too. They don't usually cross a border to get here. Lots of them overstay their visas.

Damn straight.

In the uk we have a high immigration. Some of them are very hardworking and others less so. My view is that their need to be control on immigration in the uk but you can,t end it alltogether as it gives those who want to work hard a chance to start a new life

But its a hot topic in the uk and around the world and their is no easy answers.

Nobody here wants to end legal immigration. It's the people who disregard our laws from the very beginning, the so-called illegal immigrants need to rounded up and treated like the criminals they are. Yeah, yeah, they only want a better life...BS! There are perfectly legitimate ways to immigrate to the US. I want a better life, too, but I'm certainly not going to get a one-time, good-deal if I happen to commit a crime to improve my life. Why should they?

Damn straight.

Nobody here wants to end legal immigration. It's the people who disregard our laws from the very beginning, the so-called illegal immigrants need to rounded up and treated like the criminals they are. Yeah, yeah, they only want a better life...BS! There are perfectly legitimate ways to immigrate to the US. I want a better life, too, but I'm certainly not going to get a one-time, good-deal if I happen to commit a crime to improve my life. Why should they?

I understand what you saying in regards to illegall immigration. But if they been in america a long time you got to think of where they go. They might have kids and so the need to at least be helped if you need to move them from america.

I understand what you saying in regards to illegall immigration. But if they been in america a long time you got to think of where they go. They might have kids and so the need to at least be helped if you need to move them from america.

On one hand, it's not my fault the kids parents are criminals. But, on the other hand, the son should not pay for the sins of the father, so-to-speak. I've considered the possibility that "children" of illegals who fall into certain age brackets might be permitted to apply for an expedited green card, but they should still have to wait the requisite time period and pass the requisite citizenship tests to acquire citizenship, as long as they can demonstrate they have a clean criminal record. As far as their parents are concerned, they get deported and sent to the back of the line. Kids younger than a certain age will not be separated from their parents but will be deported with them. If younger children were born in the US, when they reach the age of majority, they are welcome as dual citizens. At that time, they may be permitted to apply to "import" their parents as allowed for by law.

There are millions of American citizens out of work. Why do you want to bring in more people to compete for scarce jobs? :confused:

In some high-skill areas jobs are going unfilled because there are not enough qualified applicants.

Forum List

Back