Im new to it all! but the only way to test your beliefs is to hold them to the fire.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by JokerX27505, Aug 22, 2017.

1. JokerX27505

JokerX27505 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    When encountered with a problem you decide what action to take based on values "which I guess I put as politics since they are one in the same to me" or faith since that can be used without actually believing in it 100% but putting trust into it.

2. Gracie

Gracie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,517
    Separation of church and state. Or rather, how its supposed to be.
    Labels. Boxes. I loathe both and refuse to climb in one or have a label on it. But that's me.

3. Gracie

Gracie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,517
    You take whatever action YOU believe to be best, according to YOUR values. Not some political party or church denomination. Go with your gut. You own instincts. YOUR values that make you, you.

4. BULLDOG

BULLDOG Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,586
    So how crazy are you? We have people here who never go anywhere without their stylish tinfoil hats, and people who claim to have an IQ well over 200 whose goal is to conquer the website and shut down the parts where people have been mean to them. Everybody here has a defect of some type. You could call it the island of misfit toys. If you found your way here, and didn't run away screaming, there is something wrong with you too. So answer the question. How crazy are you?

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  5. JokerX27505

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    But aren't your values produced by being subjected to something and anything. My values come from some experience and thought but a person or book can put those experiences and thoughts into me in the first place.
    If someone told you something you never heard before and after researching it and coming to the same values as the same person who told you the topic doesn't mean you are following them but instead agree with the same conclusion.

6. JokerX27505

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    That's what I intend to find out. But for an easy answer I'm more pessimistic when it comes to my own talents and knowledge I doubt I'm as smart or well as I will be in years to come since I assume "certainly hope" that the majority of my faults and flaws are because I'm my age and lack of time spent learning something.

7. Gracie

Gracie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,517
    Depends on what it is I read or was told. If it goes against my inner gut feelings...I dismiss it. I go with my intuition. I thought most everyone did as well.

8. Gracie

Gracie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,517
    You are not fully cooked yet (Judge Judy quote). Street smarts, life experiences. All these things you are just beginning to grasp and what will form who you will be in say....30 years, give or take.

You are 21, right? You have a long long LONG way to go. But you already have gut instinct. Learning is fine. We all have our own path. Sometimes you will meet like minded individuals. Sometimes you won't. But you will always take something from that experience.

9. JokerX27505

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    I'm more logic than feelings one of the future topics I hope to host on this site is the question of "Is empathy a con or pro when finding a solution to a problem?"

10. JokerX27505

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    I believe your feelings a lot of times stop you from playing things out.