I'm Muslim, and I hate terrorism

(CNN) -- I'm an American-Muslim and I despise Islamic terrorists. In fact, despise is not even a strong enough word to convey my true feelings about those who kill innocent people in the name of Islam. I hate them with every fiber of my being.

I'm not going to tell you, "Islam is a religion of peace." Nor will I tell you that Islam is a religion of violence. What I will say is that Islam is a religion that, like Christianity and Judaism, is intended to bring you closer to God. And sadly we have seen people use the name of each of these Abrahamic faiths to wage and justify violence.

The unique problem for Muslims is that our faith is being increasingly defined by the actions of a tiny group of morally bankrupt terrorists. Just to be clear: The people who commit violence in the name of Islam are not Muslims, they are murderers. Their true religion is hatred and inhumanity.

The only people terrorists speak for are themselves and the others involved in their despicable plot. They do not represent me, my family or any other Muslim I know. And believe me, I know a lot of Muslims.

Read more at the link.
I'm a Muslim, and I hate terrorism - CNN.com
Then you had better get Muslims who share your beliefs to effectively act against the extremists...or I am afraid that at some pont you will die right along side of them.

I see nothing wrong with that.

It's their country... Their laws.... Not our business. .. :cool:

How generous of you to endorse political and religious fascism when that fascism is applied in favor of the politico-religious ideology you converted to. How convenient that you have safely ensconced yourself in a nation where the framework of law is not is not based upon an ancient theocratic code used as an instrument of oppression against those not part of the “state” religion. :cool:

I would think it’s everyone’s business to speak out against politico-religious fascism. :cool:

You need to understand we have 1,400 years of islamist history with which to make judgments about Islamism. Islam has never been embracing or accepting of Western values of individualism and personal freedoms. What we do have is a 1,400 year historical record of war, conquest, colonialism and subjugation of the infidel. The primary reason this behavior is a part of the historical record is because the early Muslims recording these events took no exception to the ideas of war, conquest, colonialism, subjugation of the infidel, sexual slavery, genocide and piracy as part of spreading the religion. These behaviors were not morally objectionable to them, and so they were recorded in the effort of preserving the Sunnah of islam’s inventor as an example for all later Muslims. :cool:

Interesting how you ignore the most important period of those 1400 years when Islam was a beacon of enlightenment and education while the western world was suffering under the despotism of the Christian church during the dark ages. Was keeping of millions people subjugated by ignorance an embrace of the "values of individualism and personal freedoms"? Furthermore the Christian church has been fully supportive of warmongering and was instrumental in instigating the wars (AKA "crusades") against Islam.

I don't ignore your claims. I'm just honest about understanding them. While it’s true of course that Europe went through its theocratic Dark Ages, Islam has never emerged from its self-imposed Dark Ages.

If you study islam’s alleged “golden age” and perform some honest assessments, you would discover that it’s not a matter of crediting the islamist world for advancements, it never performed but rather, it’s a function of history. The point is, the islamist world’s alleged “golden age” coincided with its most ruthless and bloody conquests. Flush with knowledge that was gained through the conquest of foreign lands, that knowledge was co-opted by islamist “scholars” as well as knowledge that was already part of the historical record as part of discoveries by the great Greek thinkers and mathematicians.

When the islamist world was left to innovate and discover on its own, they quickly found that they were not up to the task. That’s precisely why the islamist world has been left in its own Dark Ages while the rest of the world has advanced.

It is true that Muslim scientists collected and preserved much of the science and theology innovated by the Greeks. My favorite example that dismantles the “beacon of enlightenment and education” meme is the moslem collection and some understanding of physics and light that constitute “classical optics.” Yet they failed to make pragmatic use of any of that knowledge. They understood from the Greeks the mathematics of light, lenses, prisms, mirrors, reflection and refraction… but never managed to invent a single telescope, microscope, or pair of spectacles. All of these were later European inventions, making use of the knowledge passed to them by Islamic scholars who do not appear to have known what to do with it.

Then you had better get Muslims who share your beliefs to effectively act against the extremists...or I am afraid that at some pont you will die right along side of them.
Just what we needed on the forum.

Another self proclaimed internet commando.......... :cuckoo: :lol:

Sunni gets befuddled when others direct specific comments and questions at Islamism. :cool:

But, I have news for goofy converts such as sunni and his islamist heroes: when we repeatedly see mass murder attacks against the infidel in the dar al-Kufr by Moslems, the "harmony" is gone, and suspicion needs to become an integral part of a reasonable public's thinking and a responsible government's policy. Judicious and rational suspicion based upon facts and ongoing events is instrumental in maintaining order and preventing more jihad attacks.
A sensible and responsible person cannot ignore the reality that if Moslems are genuinely concerned about a "backlash" over the continued “isolated incidents” of maniacal mass murder in Alllah's name, then it is up to them to stand up and to unequivocally insist on reform in their backward death cult. :cool:

This sort of madness is not happening in the cause of any other faith on the planet right now. It is only happening in the cause of Islam's jihad, and it is definitely happening enough to make any objective, levelheaded person consider that this may be a problem directly related to Islamic doctrine. :cool:

(CNN) -- I'm an American-Muslim and I despise Islamic terrorists. In fact, despise is not even a strong enough word to convey my true feelings about those who kill innocent people in the name of Islam. I hate them with every fiber of my being.

I'm not going to tell you, "Islam is a religion of peace." Nor will I tell you that Islam is a religion of violence. What I will say is that Islam is a religion that, like Christianity and Judaism, is intended to bring you closer to God. And sadly we have seen people use the name of each of these Abrahamic faiths to wage and justify violence.

The unique problem for Muslims is that our faith is being increasingly defined by the actions of a tiny group of morally bankrupt terrorists. Just to be clear: The people who commit violence in the name of Islam are not Muslims, they are murderers. Their true religion is hatred and inhumanity.

The only people terrorists speak for are themselves and the others involved in their despicable plot. They do not represent me, my family or any other Muslim I know. And believe me, I know a lot of Muslims.

Read more at the link.
I'm a Muslim, and I hate terrorism - CNN.com
name a terrorist group that you hate .

5 minutes basic introduction to islam

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHujiWd49l4]5 minutes introduction to islam - YouTube[/ame]

You won't like this Yidnar......but I hate the terrorist group known as the KKK .. :cool:

What a shame that Sunni can't find the courage to actually speak out against Islamic terrorist groups.

It's interesting to note that it was through the relentless efforts of law enforcement with the rejection of the American people of hate groups that marginalized the KKK.

Thats quite in contrast to Islamic governments which sponsor, support and enable Islamic terrorism. The tacit acceptance of Islamic terrorism by moslems and by wannabe converts only perpetuates this madness.

How interesting to note that Sunni can be a just-as-likely victim of the Islamic terrorist heroes he refuses to denounce. :cool:

You won't like this Yidnar......but I hate the terrorist group known as the KKK .. :cool:

What a shame that Sunni can't find the courage to actually speak out against Islamic terrorist groups.

It's interesting to note that it was through the relentless efforts of law enforcement with the rejection of the American people of hate groups that marginalized the KKK.

Thats quite in contrast to Islamic governments which sponsor, support and enable Islamic terrorism. The tacit acceptance of Islamic terrorism by moslems and by wannabe converts only perpetuates this madness.

How interesting to note that Sunni can be a just-as-likely victim of the Islamic terrorist heroes he refuses to denounce. :cool:
you are correct !! and he answered in a way I expected him to.:eusa_eh:

True Spirit of Islam - Hamza Yusuf

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0cj0g_9frc&mode=related&search]True Spirit of Islam - Hamza Yusuf - YouTube[/ame]

Yusuf was born as Mark Hanson to two academics in Washington State and raised in Northern California. In 1977, he converted to Islam from Chrisitanity (he seemed destined for the Greek Orthodox priesthood at his early age), and subsequently traveled to the Muslim world and studied for ten years in the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, as well as North and West Africa.

How generous of you to endorse political and religious fascism when that fascism is applied in favor of the politico-religious ideology you converted to. How convenient that you have safely ensconced yourself in a nation where the framework of law is not is not based upon an ancient theocratic code used as an instrument of oppression against those not part of the “state” religion. :cool:

I would think it’s everyone’s business to speak out against politico-religious fascism. :cool:

You need to understand we have 1,400 years of islamist history with which to make judgments about Islamism. Islam has never been embracing or accepting of Western values of individualism and personal freedoms. What we do have is a 1,400 year historical record of war, conquest, colonialism and subjugation of the infidel. The primary reason this behavior is a part of the historical record is because the early Muslims recording these events took no exception to the ideas of war, conquest, colonialism, subjugation of the infidel, sexual slavery, genocide and piracy as part of spreading the religion. These behaviors were not morally objectionable to them, and so they were recorded in the effort of preserving the Sunnah of islam’s inventor as an example for all later Muslims. :cool:

Interesting how you ignore the most important period of those 1400 years when Islam was a beacon of enlightenment and education while the western world was suffering under the despotism of the Christian church during the dark ages. Was keeping of millions people subjugated by ignorance an embrace of the "values of individualism and personal freedoms"? Furthermore the Christian church has been fully supportive of warmongering and was instrumental in instigating the wars (AKA "crusades") against Islam.

I don't ignore your claims.
They are historical FACTS.
I'm just honest about understanding them.
Ironic!
While it’s true of course that Europe went through its theocratic Dark Ages, Islam has never emerged from its self-imposed Dark Ages.
In your opinion.
If you study islam’s alleged “golden age” and perform some honest assessments, you would discover that it’s not a matter of crediting the islamist world for advancements, it never performed but rather, it’s a function of history. The point is, the islamist world’s alleged “golden age” coincided with its most ruthless and bloody conquests. Flush with knowledge that was gained through the conquest of foreign lands, that knowledge was co-opted by islamist “scholars” as well as knowledge that was already part of the historical record as part of discoveries by the great Greek thinkers and mathematicians.

When the islamist world was left to innovate and discover on its own, they quickly found that they were not up to the task.
They rescued the most important medical documents from the ancient Greeks and Romans (which were being ignored by the western church) and started the first modern hospitals with doctors, nurses and pharmacists.
That’s precisely why the islamist world has been left in its own Dark Ages while the rest of the world has advanced.

It is true that Muslim scientists collected and preserved much of the science and theology innovated by the Greeks. My favorite example that dismantles the “beacon of enlightenment and education” meme is the moslem collection and some understanding of physics and light that constitute “classical optics.” Yet they failed to make pragmatic use of any of that knowledge. They understood from the Greeks the mathematics of light, lenses, prisms, mirrors, reflection and refraction… but never managed to invent a single telescope, microscope, or pair of spectacles. All of these were later European inventions, making use of the knowledge passed to them by Islamic scholars who do not appear to have known what to do with it.

You use linen based paper that was introduced into the western world by the Islamist Golden Age. You use the Decimal system which is another of their innovations. They invented the first sextant and 3 masted sailing vessels. Far from being "honest" you appear instead to be myopic about the contributions they brought to the western world.

Revelation: Proof and Guidance

Unlike Judaism and Christianity, Islam sets the belief in all books revealed by Allah (God) through his prophets as an important article of faith. Muslims believe that Allah revealed books to His messengers as proof for mankind and as guidance for them.

Revelation: Proof & Guidance
http://www.onislam.net/english/reading-islam/understanding-islam/belief/revelation/436782

Belief and proof are not the same thing. People choose to believe something. There is no way to prove a religion, it is merely believed. That makes it personal and, thus, totally subjective. It is therefore optimistic at best to think anyone else would share the belief. Anything even suggestive of requiring others to accept our subjective reality is psychologically dubious at best.

Hey Sunni Man, do you agree that people who insult Muhammad should be killed?

Because that is what your Islamic pals are discussing right now on the following forum.

IF someone insults the propehet PBH - Page 2

Here is a sample of it.

Al-Saarim al-Maslool, 2/438

Insulting the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is one of the worst of forbidden actions, and it constitutes kufr and apostasy from Islam, according to scholarly consensus, whether done seriously or in jest. The one who does that is to be executed even if he repents and whether he is a Muslim or a kaafir. If he repents sincerely and regrets what he has done, this repentance will benefit him on the Day of Resurrection and Allaah will forgive him.

Last edited:

Because that is what your Islamic pals are discussing right now on the following forum.

Here is a sample of it.

Insulting the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is one of the worst of forbidden actions, and it constitutes kufr and apostasy from Islam, according to scholarly consensus, whether done seriously or in jest. The one who does that is to be executed even if he repents and whether he is a Muslim or a kaafir. If he repents sincerely and regrets what he has done, this repentance will benefit him on the Day of Resurrection and Allaah will forgive him.

No mincing of words there.

Here is a sample of it.

Are you a Christian? If so when is the last time you murdered a child who swore at his parents?

Leviticus 20:9
For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.

Are you a Christian? If so when is the last time you murdered a child who swore at his parents?

Leviticus 20:9
For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.

Leviticus is old testament, not Christianity.

Forum List

Back