I'm a Grinch

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
I don't like the holidays. Too much hassle, preparing, buying, who goes where, hurt feelings, buying people stuff they don't really need and pretending to be excited.....

I am counting down the days to January 1st......

I don't like the holidays. Too much hassle, preparing, buying, who goes where, hurt feelings, buying people stuff they don't really need and pretending to be excited.....

You just need some extra deep dickin' to get you through the holidays.

Well you would think that.
I think I need some extra alcohol.... any would suffice but the more the better.
Unfortunately, I have to endure the entire boring, stressful and meaningless process straight as an arrow.
Torture.

I think I need some extra alcohol.... any would suffice but the more the better.
Unfortunately, I have to endure the entire boring, stressful and meaningless process straight as an arrow.
Torture.
Traveling is what I hate most. This year when my son and I travel to visit relatives for both Thanksgiving and Christmas we are staying in a hotel. That way I can get a reprieve. I have relatives that still smoke inside. Can you imagine?

Torture.
Traveling is what I hate most. This year when my son and I travel to visit relatives for both Thanksgiving and Christmas we are staying in a hotel. That way I can get a reprieve. I have relatives that still smoke inside. Can you imagine?

No,that is hard to believe. If my Dad were still alive, that would be the case at his house, but otherwise, I don't think we have any family that smoke inside (and not any hardly that smoke at all).....

Travelling is a pain too. I would not mind if I only had to make the Turkey and everyone else would bring the other stuff (on time) but stuff gets cold and I only have one oven - it gets very disorganized things go wrong and I spazz out :) I'd rather work a soup kitchen.

The best thing about the holidays is the days off.
Next week is a four day weekend with fam and friends.
America has been turned into a nation of shopping carts. Everything is about buying stuff we don't need.
I love the holidays. I love it because between Thanksgiving and New Years I am off about 10 days or so. All of them doing something fun with friends and family.

Below is a clip of my favorite comedy TV series by far - The Trailer Park Boys. The clip is supposed to be funny, but it is actually really true. For those not familiar with The Trailer Park Boys...it is a mocumentary show about white trash people all living in Sunnyvale Trailer Park...it is the show that "My Name is Earl" was modeled after - but nowhere even close as funny... as well as the show always has a moral lesson if you are smart enough to see it.

Take 5 minutes out and watch it.... oh and the show curses profusely.

Last edited:

Torture.

Whaaaaat!?!? No alcohol around the family?
Thats a prerequisite around my house.

I like the time off.............Not the bank account going belly up...................

I get a 2 day work week this week..........:mm::mm::mm::mm:

I like the time off.............Not the bank account going belly up...................

I get a 2 day work week this week..........:mm::mm::mm::mm:

That's what I'm sayin...right?
F*ck the presents and stress and who spends more on gifts than someone else...we are all better than this sh*t. It is the time you spend with who you want to spend time with.
The one time of year where spending time with friends and family is on the top of the list.

I love holy days, especially the Sabbats. Next one is coming up here on December 22... the winter solstice. As for "Christmas"... I enjoy how it is celebrated spiritually and religiously, by Christians and others... but I do not enjoy the whole "Santa" thing. I think it is ridiculous, to be honest.

if you're struggling for ideas on what to give people, don't stress over it. give em a little basket made up with food filling it up. it's something everyone needs and i haven't found anyone yet that has hated it.

it's the 'commercialization' of the thanksgiving and christmas i've come to loathe. i refuse to go in any store on either day, much less line up to be part of a stampede the day after.

if you're struggling for ideas on what to give people, don't stress over it. give em a little basket made up with food filling it up. it's something everyone needs and i haven't found anyone yet that has hated it.

it's the 'commercialization' of the thanksgiving and christmas i've come to loathe. i refuse to go in any store on either day, much less line up to be part of a stampede the day after.

Think about it...have you ever heard someone that didn't say they hate the gift buying and all that?
Everyone hates it...yet we all do it anyway.
Fascinating.

Think about it...have you ever heard someone that didn't say they hate the gift buying and all that?
Everyone hates it...yet we all do it anyway.
Fascinating.

actually, i do know people that love buying and giving to others.

Torture.

Whaaaaat!?!? No alcohol around the family?
Thats a prerequisite around my house.

Oh it would be at other people's houses..... definitely my brothers or sisters (but they never offer to host) and probably would be at the kids houses - but they don't offer to host either so..... hubby doesn't like it and if I had it dinner would never be prepared OR it would be a disaster! I just can't be trusted!!! :oops::D

we do the winter solstice...much more relaxed...we have never been big spending for holidays....you get one ask for gift and a small gift...the ask for gift at solstice..the small gift at christmas...the dumbass furbys make it impossible to have a tree....cats try to climb it and then dogs try to tree cats resulting in vertical tree....we have a plan this year that does not include a damn craft project...

we do the winter solstice...much more relaxed...we have never been big spending for holidays....you get one ask for gift and a small gift...the ask for gift at solstice..the small gift at christmas...the dumbass furbys make it impossible to have a tree....cats try to climb it and then dogs try to tree cats resulting in vertical tree....we have a plan this year that does not include a damn craft project...

We have no pets, but, am still going to try to convince hubby to not have a tree this year. I don't mind (really) the other decorations around the house but the tree is a pain in the butt!

o i like a tree...but not in the house and i wont kill a live tree....so we use to have live dug trees...but we now have a yard of old spruces lol
so i went to outdoor decorations only....we had a great tree in the pasture we would do but it got too big...so we are looking for something else this year....

a disease hit the trees ten or so years ago....so i did not want to chance bringing that in with a live tree....wreaths are nice..i normally put one up

o i like a tree...but not in the house and i wont kill a live tree....so we use to have live dug trees...but we now have a yard of old spruces lol
so i went to outdoor decorations only....we had a great tree in the pasture we would do but it got too big...so we are looking for something else this year....

We have two "bushes" in the front on either said of the walkway that might look good with lights on them so maybe that will work. Unfortunately, the genius that built this house didn't put an outlet on the front of the house so we'll have to run them with extensions from the back if we do that (or, from the inside)....

You celebrate the winter solstice? Nobody does that. Plus, you do not want to have a Christmas tree because it would require killing it?

Goddamn, you are a total freak. I know you use drugs, as you have made that admission. Now you reveal that you are some kind of pantheistic earth child too?

Don't take my comments the wrong way. I am not trying to be mean. You just strike me as being way out there, on the edge of decent society. I just comment because I would not interact with someone like you in real life, and you probably would not interact with me. I just find the diversity interesting. If I have to sit and look at you I would probably Get agitated. The Internet provides the opportunity for a forum to study other people, not unlike a zoo.

So, have a great day and hit a fatty for me!

Forum List

Back