Illinois Democrats secretly redrawing district maps

Hide??????

the republicans supported it in the vote on it.

[5]:
Republicans appeared to welcome the changes, though they remain strongly opposed to the overall map...

The Illinois House approved the revised plan on Monday night by a 63-54 vote, with only one Democrat switching party lines...

There are 70 Dems and 56 Republicans. Since the piece states that 1 Democrats switched sides, that means that at most, 3 Republicans out of 56 supported it.

You call THAT support by the Republicans? You're a bigger moron than I thought.

Illinois Democrats redrawing district maps, State Senate 16 of 24 Republicans in with another R
May 19, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Top-secret plans to redraw Illinois' legislative and congressional districts could lead to big changes in the districts of three of the area's African-American congressmen, ABC7 News has learned. This is the first time under the current state constitution that one party has controlled redrawing the state's legislative and congressional district maps. Realizing the controversy their proposed boundaries will stir, Illinois Democrats are keeping much of their plan top secret. Even party VIPs can't get a peek. Davis is one of three black congressmen -- Bobby Rush and Jesse Jackson, Jr. are the others -- whose districts are centered in Chicago, where the 2010 Census reports the African-American population had dropped by nearly 200,000 people. Illinois Senate has officially released an actual proposed map for its 59 districts, and the Democratic mappers have placed eight of the chambers Republicans in the same district as another Republican member. Those targeted include minority leader Christine Radogno of Lemont, who on the new map would live in the same district as Senator Ron Sandack of Downers Grove. "This is a process that's not being done with enough transparency. And it's again being done by politicians in their own self-interest," said Andy Shaw of the Better Government Association. Because of statewide population losses, Illinois will lose one of its current 19 seats in Congress. The Democratic party mappers are expected to pit Republican incumbents against one another while creating as much advantage for democrats wherever possible. Sources say the Democrats won't release all their redistricting work until Saturday. Then they will have a hearing that same day at the Bilandic Building in Chicago and another hearing next Tuesday in Springfield. The majority party wants the map approved by a simple majority before the end of session on May 31
I'm sure TM is perfectly OK with this obvious abuse by the Democrats.

Like this is something only Democrats do; you are such a tool.

Gerrymandering has a definition.

Dont try to make up new definitions of the word

There are 70 Dems and 56 Republicans. Since the piece states that 1 Democrats switched sides, that means that at most, 3 Republicans out of 56 supported it.

It certainly destroys your argument that it's all happening in secret and that the Democrats are trying to hide things.

It certainly destroys your argument that it's all happening in secret and that the Democrats are trying to hide things.

No, it does not.

The drawing of the map was in secret. It was not even put out for public viewing.

The VOTE, once the map was drawn, wasn't secret.

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit I see.

No, it does not.

The drawing of the map was in secret. It was not even put out for public viewing.

In other words, your whole argument has been blown out of the water. And now you're trying to back pedal and build ad hoc explanations around it all.

BTW, you still didn't answer my question before.....did you have a problem the Texas redistricting of 2002?

No, it does not.

In other words, your whole argument has been blown out of the water. And now you're trying to back pedal and build ad hoc explanations around it all.

BTW, you still didn't answer my question before.....did you have a problem the Texas redistricting of 2002?

nothing was blown out of the water, except in your mind.

I made statements, and backed them up with links proving the statements.
Where the fuck did I back peddle on anything? Which post, and what was the back peddle???

It was not in secret it was voted on

show me where I said the VOTE was in secret, asshat.

the DRAWING of the new map was done in secret, not even put out for the public to view, as the sources states.

The VOTING was not in secret, and of COURSE they Dems gave the GOP the new map in order for them to vote on it.

NO ONE said the vote was secret, or that the map was secret until after the vote, or anything even remotely like that.

your reading comprehension skills are pathetic.

Forum List

Back