Angel Heart

Conservative Hippie
Jul 6, 2007
Portland, Oregon
Illinois Bill Would Force Insurance on Gun Owners

Colin Moore

2/12/2009

Illinois legislators might have discovered a new way around the pesky Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States: require gun owners to purchase insurance so prohibitively expensive that they might give up their firearms.

Because Illinois resident are required to have a “Firearm Owner’s Identification Card” (FIC) to possess shotguns, rifles and handguns, the state knows who the gunowners are. What Rep. Kenneth Dunkin (D-Chicago) proposes in House Bill 687 is that each of those licensed gun owners be required to purchase $1 million worth of liability insurance.

More...

Last edited:

Colin Moore

2/12/2009

Illinois legislators might have discovered a new way around the pesky Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States: require gun owners to purchase insurance so prohibitively expensive that they might give up their firearms.

Because Illinois resident are required to have a “Firearm Owner’s Identification Card” (FIC) to possess shotguns, rifles and handguns, the state knows who the gunowners are. What Rep. Kenneth Dunkin (D-Chicago) proposes in House Bill 687 is that each of those licensed gun owners be required to purchase $1 million worth of liability insurance.

More...

Once again the liberal politicians here in Illinois are too damn retarded to understand that the majority of gun crimes committed in Illinois are BY ILLEGAL GUN OWNERS!

Of course lets just punish the the people who legally own fire arms..

I dont think anyone can begin to comprehend how illogical Illinois liberal government actually is!

Yea the idiots in Illinois think that the price of insurance will deter gun sales?

Yea, they cant ban guns so why not force insurance on owners to make them not economically viable for people to have or sell for that matter!!!!

This is another reason why I hate liberal ideology... Banning guns will make crime just go away?

That it its self proves the stupidity of the liberal mind set and total disregard for the Constitution!!!

And with out a doubt or a fight this bill will pass!

I'm from Chicago and I can tell you this is a liberal dictatorship and a prime example of what this country will become under the rule of Obama.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back