Illegal immigrant's deadly crash not a 'crime of violence,' ICE says

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Bastards.

An illegal immigrant -- who police said was drunk while street racing when he killed a Nebraska woman in a car crash -- wasn’t detained by immigration officials because his offense did “not constitute a crime of violence,” the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency said in a March letter to Congress.

Edwin Mejia, 19, is accused of being drunk and driving recklessly when his vehicle slammed into 21-year-old Sarah Root’s car in January.

Root died at the hospital. Mejia later posted bond and fled. He’s been added to ICE’s “Most Wanted” list.

“Mr. Mejia should not need to be on this list – he should be in jail,” Sen. Ben Sasse, R-Neb., said in a March 30 statement. “ICE originally said that Mr. Mejia was not an ‘enforcement priority,’ but this morning he was placed on their Most Wanted list. The public still does not have a complete account of what went wrong.”

Illegal immigrant's deadly crash not a 'crime of violence,' ICE says | Fox News

So, do you think that all DUI's that involve reckless driving (i.e. street racing) should be prosecuted as crimes of violence?

Or, is it just the ones that involve illegal immigrants?

So, do you think that all DUI's that involve reckless driving (i.e. street racing) should be prosecuted as crimes of violence?

Do you think we should stop prosecuting DUI's? Should negligent and vehicular homicide be taken off the books?

Never said that he shouldn't be prosecuted for negligent driving and DUI, I'm just asking you why you think extra charges should be thrown in on him and giving him the crime of violence charge? Do they slap that charge on all DUI's, or is it just this one?

And............even if you kill someone while DUI, if you can post bail, you can walk free until your court date.

The cops followed the rules, booked him for DUI, and because he made bail, he was let out. Not the police's fault that he turned into a flight risk and jumped bail.

License? Insurance? His car? Who sold it to him? Cash? Bank give credit? If I had keyboard I go deep....

If bastard not here he be home eating beans in jail. Bastard come here think It day pass Disneyland, anything go.

Do you think we should stop prosecuting DUI's? Should negligent and vehicular homicide be taken off the books?

Never said that he shouldn't be prosecuted for negligent driving and DUI, I'm just asking you why you think extra charges should be thrown in on him and giving him the crime of violence charge? Do they slap that charge on all DUI's, or is it just this one?

And............even if you kill someone while DUI, if you can post bail, you can walk free until your court date.

The cops followed the rules, booked him for DUI, and because he made bail, he was let out. Not the police's fault that he turned into a flight risk and jumped bail.

Nobody said he should be prosecuted because he's an illegal alien.

Maybe he'll try to get the same lawyer that white kid got ... the one who presented the "victim of affluenza" defense. Kid is drunk, kills four people in traffic accident and Mom takes precious can-do-no-wrong kid and hauls off to Mexico. Lovely world we're living in.

Forum List

Back