Illegal guns...and rocket launchers are big problem in Europe...told you so...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
this article links to a story about the extent of the illegal guns and other weapons flowing freely in Europe...heck...they sell them so cheap over there it might be worth looking into......

I have said repeatedly that criminals and terrorists get guns easily in Europe....they don't choose to use them to commit crimes as often...

And I have also pointed out, that when they do use them to commit mass shootings the death toll is far higher per incident since they are disarmed societies....as France and Norway show.....

Daily Beast: Gun Control Can Stop Terrorists - The Truth About Guns

But the same token, how do Islamic terrorists in Paris kill dozens of innocents with AKs in an entire country with “common sense gun laws”? “The answer,” dailybeast.com scribe David Axe writes . . .

Eastern Europe, most likely, where the trafficking of deadly small arms is big, shady business. And where local authorities find it difficult to intervene.

The French government and the European Union know they have a foreign gun problem. But as the chain of attacks illustrates, efforts to tamp down on the flow of weapons have, so far, failed to disarm terrorists.

French police reportedly seized more than 1,500 illegal weapons in 2009 and no fewer than 2,700 in 2010. The number of illegal guns in France has swollen by double-digit percentages annually for several years, Al Jazeera reported, citing figures from Paris-based National Observatory for Delinquency.

The seizures likely made just a tiny dent in the pool of available weapons.

“The fact that a Kalashnikov or a rocket launcher can be acquired for as little as 300 to 700 Euros in some parts of the EU indicates their ready availability for [organized crime groups], street gangs or groups orchestrating high-profile attacks resulting in significant numbers of casualties,” Europol, the EU’s law-enforcement agency, explained in a policy brief.

Riddle me this: how many guns does a terrorist cell need to mow down unarmed French folk? Less than a dozen, certainly. So what are the odds that French laws can stop terrorists from obtaining weapons inside France? Let’s examine the anecdotal evidence:

this article links to a story about the extent of the illegal guns and other weapons flowing freely in Europe...heck...they sell them so cheap over there it might be worth looking into......

I have said repeatedly that criminals and terrorists get guns easily in Europe....they don't choose to use them to commit crimes as often...

And I have also pointed out, that when they do use them to commit mass shootings the death toll is far higher per incident since they are disarmed societies....as France and Norway show.....

Daily Beast: Gun Control Can Stop Terrorists - The Truth About Guns

But the same token, how do Islamic terrorists in Paris kill dozens of innocents with AKs in an entire country with “common sense gun laws”? “The answer,” dailybeast.com scribe David Axe writes . . .

Eastern Europe, most likely, where the trafficking of deadly small arms is big, shady business. And where local authorities find it difficult to intervene.

The French government and the European Union know they have a foreign gun problem. But as the chain of attacks illustrates, efforts to tamp down on the flow of weapons have, so far, failed to disarm terrorists.

French police reportedly seized more than 1,500 illegal weapons in 2009 and no fewer than 2,700 in 2010. The number of illegal guns in France has swollen by double-digit percentages annually for several years, Al Jazeera reported, citing figures from Paris-based National Observatory for Delinquency.

The seizures likely made just a tiny dent in the pool of available weapons.

“The fact that a Kalashnikov or a rocket launcher can be acquired for as little as 300 to 700 Euros in some parts of the EU indicates their ready availability for [organized crime groups], street gangs or groups orchestrating high-profile attacks resulting in significant numbers of casualties,” Europol, the EU’s law-enforcement agency, explained in a policy brief.

Riddle me this: how many guns does a terrorist cell need to mow down unarmed French folk? Less than a dozen, certainly. So what are the odds that French laws can stop terrorists from obtaining weapons inside France? Let’s examine the anecdotal evidence:
You would think the gun grabbers would stop and think. "Damn these guys are sneaking Fully Automatic Machine guns and Rocket Launchers into the country!"

And they would move to PREVENT the people who bring those ILLEGAL arms INTO our country. But NO they are sad poor refugees that NEED their stuff you know. But WE Americans on the other hand NO you CAN'T have your perfectly LEGAL protected by your RIGHTS firearms.

And they think that crap is going to fly?

Obviously there was no violence in France. All staged. Every bit of it. It could not have happened because France has gun control laws.

So move along....nothing to any of this.

Ah yes, so the answer is even more guns. Yessirreeeee................ that thar makes so much sense, right Bubba!

actually...not keeping guns out of the hands of normal people is all you need...oh...and actually convicting gun criminals....under Obama federal gun prosecutions are below where they were before Bush came in....I wonder why that is?

I forgot to post (after Paris).

BHO please write another exec order to allow open-carry anywhere anytime. But he won't.

Forum List

Back