IL Property Tax Increase

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Let's get this right. Under Gov Quinn, the largest income tax increase in the country (and now one of the highest in the middle class). Largest Corp tax increase in the country. 10-12% sales tax. Some of the countries highest property taxes getting increased! Tolls increased!

So what do Illinoisian face:
(1)5% income tax on middle class: Top 5 highest in the country on the middle class. Yes CA and other get to 10%+, however, these higher income. For example 10% is on individuals making $1 mil. Quinn's regime income tax increase was an assault on the IL middle class and small and mid-sized business community!
(2) Sales Tax: Cook County is by far the largest in IL. The sales tax in IL is 10% (12% for prepared foods - restaurants!)! Plus Chicago has an addition tax!
(3) Corporate Tax: The Quinn increase put us top 3 in the WORLD!
(4) Gas Tax: We have the HIGHEST tax on gasoline in the country!
(5) Utility Tax: Top 5 in the country.
(6) Property Tax: We were top 5 previously, who knows maybe top 4! Not a good group.
(7) Tolls: We had some of the highest tolls in the country. They are now raising them!
(8) Fees: Some of highest in the country!

This state SUCKS!!!

Cook County property tax rates climb - DailyHerald.com
Property owners in Cook County are facing higher property tax rates as property values decline.

Cook County Clerk David Orr released the list of tax rates for the various government bodies Thursday showing the majority with increases. Meanwhile, Northwest suburban property values decreased on average between 2.6 percent and 11 percent, depending on the township.

Let's get this right. Under Gov Quinn, the largest income tax increase in the country (and now one of the highest in the middle class). Largest Corp tax increase in the country. 10-12% sales tax. Some of the countries highest property taxes getting increased! Tolls increased!

So what do Illinoisian face:
(1)5% income tax on middle class: Top 5 highest in the country on the middle class. Yes CA and other get to 10%+, however, these higher income. For example 10% is on individuals making $1 mil. Quinn's regime income tax increase was an assault on the IL middle class and small and mid-sized business community!
(2) Sales Tax: Cook County is by far the largest in IL. The sales tax in IL is 10% (12% for prepared foods - restaurants!)! Plus Chicago has an addition tax!
(3) Corporate Tax: The Quinn increase put us top 3 in the WORLD!
(4) Gas Tax: We have the HIGHEST tax on gasoline in the country!
(5) Utility Tax: Top 5 in the country.
(6) Property Tax: We were top 5 previously, who knows maybe top 4! Not a good group.
(7) Tolls: We had some of the highest tolls in the country. They are now raising them!
(8) Fees: Some of highest in the country!

This state SUCKS!!!

Cook County property tax rates climb - DailyHerald.com
Property owners in Cook County are facing higher property tax rates as property values decline.

Cook County Clerk David Orr released the list of tax rates for the various government bodies Thursday showing the majority with increases. Meanwhile, Northwest suburban property values decreased on average between 2.6 percent and 11 percent, depending on the township.

Like I said before, Texas is right down I-55.

Unless you live in NJ, I don't want to hear any of you people bellyaching about your property taxes.

Hey, Ghook, you can negrep me all you want, I'll still tell ya the same thing: Texas is right down I-55. Take it and you won't be missed.

if i can be so bold, how much are your property taxes?

$6,280

I got you beat.

Mine are $7,200 and that's with my veterans exemption of about $2,000. Essentially, I pay only school taxes. And since we have no kids at home, I get the privilege of sending other people's kids to school to the tune of $600 a month.

But here's the real kicker: my taxes are actually quite low for my area. Some of my neighbors in newer, bigger homes a paying upwards of $18,000 as year.

if i can be so bold, how much are your property taxes?

$6,280

I got you beat.

Mine are $7,200 and that's with my veterans exemption of about $2,000. Essentially, I pay only school taxes. And since we have no kids at home, I get the privilege of sending other people's kids to school to the tune of $600 a month.

But here's the real kicker: my taxes are actually quite low for my area. Some of my neighbors in newer, bigger homes a paying upwards of $18,000 as year.

What is your house worth? Or better question what are they basing your assessment off of?

I got you beat.

What is your house worth? Or better question what are they basing your assessment off of?

They're based on assessed value. There's some formula involved. At the peak of the market, my house was valued somewhere around $500,000 give or take a few. But the value has since gone down; the taxes haven't. In fact, they've gone up.

Hey, Ghook, you can negrep me all you want, I'll still tell ya the same thing: Texas is right down I-55. Take it and you won't be missed.

His tax money will be, along with anyone else that decides to leave due to having to support the welfare state and the public worker pensions.

Thats why democrats need to bring this all to the federal level, harder to leave a country than a state.

New Topics

Forum List

Back