If you want to see a shooting wal mart seems to be the place to go

Low-income areas are where most Violent Crimes occur, and Walmart caters to low-income families. Just a thought.

okay i have given this a wee bit of thought....i dont know how the walmarts in your area are..but here...its a damn social event...friday and saturdays at walmart....everyone goes...you will see people you havent seen in years...so if you are gonna do a beat down of someone or track down someone....around here you start at walmart...i know couples who consider this a regular event...get paid and go to walmart....

okay i have given this a wee bit of thought....i dont know how the walmarts in your area are..but here...its a damn social event...friday and saturdays at walmart....everyone goes...you will see people you havent seen in years...so if you are gonna do a beat down of someone or track down someone....around here you start at walmart...i know couples who consider this a regular event...get paid and go to walmart....

Not going to disagree, the wal mart employee should get hazard duty pay.

the whole thing ...walmart and sams is kinda odd to me....big box shopping...one stop shopping...with limited selections...and since i try to buy american made products...walmart nor sams is the place for me

the whole thing ...walmart and sams is kinda odd to me....big box shopping...one stop shopping...with limited selections...and since i try to buy american made products...walmart nor sams is the place for me

I try to avoid wal marts but I will go there a few times and armed.

This is true. One year while in the Air Force I spent a Fourth of July with a buddy in his hometown in kinda rural South Carolina and that's what they do down there for fun ... shoot critters in the woods (which IS tons of fun) and hang out at the Walmart parking lot.

Where do you thing they get those huge flags to fly over their trailers on a welfare budget ?
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX86viXrV_4&feature=related[/ame]

Its interesting that you mention that you go there armed. We had a murder in front of a Walmart in 2007, 3 miles from one of my stores. A kid was ordered to kill someone, anyone, as his initiation into a gang. So he drove up from Montgomery, randomly picked out his victim in the parking lot of our Walmart; a young, hard-working father of two who was there to buy groceries, and shot him in the head as he was entering his truck.

The next day I wore a sidearm on my hip and have every day since. Prior to that, I only carried when I was at work, or when I felt I was going into an area where I might encounter trouble (like most parts of Montgomery, and ALL parts of Atlanta).

Incredibly, the jury gave the boy life without parole, because they felt he wasn't mature enough to understand the true impact of what he had done.

That wasn't good enough for the Judge, who threw the sentence out, and sentenced him to death. He appealed, and recently lost his appeal. The Judge is quite likely the most popular man in the County now, with the possible exception of our Sheriff (they apprehended the thug in under 4 hours, and beat the ever-loving shit out of him when they got him to the jail, at least 3 times over the next week. You don't fuck around in our county, and we don't either).

We will put the worthless piece of shit to death very soon now, and it still will not be soon enough.

But I will forever remember Calvin MacMillan, a 20 year-old gang-banger who I never met....because he is the fucker who made me realize I would be a fool to EVER leave home without a sidearm again.

Now, when I bump into someone I know at a Walmart, my greeting is often "Hey Johnny! What you packing?!?" as I shake their hand. There are more guns in Walmart than any gun store in the country, you just can't see them :)

Its interesting that you mention that you go there armed. We had a murder in front of a Walmart in 2007, 3 miles from one of my stores. A kid was ordered to kill someone, anyone, as his initiation into a gang. So he drove up from Montgomery, randomly picked out his victim in the parking lot of our Walmart; a young, hard-working father of two who was there to buy groceries, and shot him in the head as he was entering his truck.

The next day I wore a sidearm on my hip and have every day since. Prior to that, I only carried when I was at work, or when I felt I was going into an area where I might encounter trouble (like most parts of Montgomery, and ALL parts of Atlanta).

Incredibly, the jury gave the boy life without parole, because they felt he wasn't mature enough to understand the true impact of what he had done.

That wasn't good enough for the Judge, who threw the sentence out, and sentenced him to death. He appealed, and recently lost his appeal. The Judge is quite likely the most popular man in the County now, with the possible exception of our Sheriff (they apprehended the thug in under 4 hours, and beat the ever-loving shit out of him when they got him to the jail, at least 3 times over the next week. You don't fuck around in our county, and we don't either).

We will put the worthless piece of shit to death very soon now, and it still will not be soon enough.

But I will forever remember Calvin MacMillan, a 20 year-old gang-banger who I never met....because he is the fucker who made me realize I would be a fool to EVER leave home without a sidearm again.

Now, when I bump into someone I know at a Walmart, my greeting is often "Hey Johnny! What you packing?!?" as I shake their hand. There are more guns in Walmart than any gun store in the country, you just can't see them :)

Thats sad, but it can also be used as a lessn to those who would like to disarm the citizens of America.

I am willing to bet their wasn't a gun owner on the jury panel.

That makes me smile.

That makes me smile.

After the trial, the story came out. The jury was comprised of 3 blacks, 8 whites, and one hispanic. I would be shocked if there weren't 9 or more gun owners on the Jury. The foreman requested a meeting with the Judge, where he informed the Judge that the 3 blacks, upon entering the deliberation room, informed the other Jurors that they would not consider the death penalty (the criminal was black). The Judge sent the foreman back with proper instructions to assign whatever sentence they could agree on. They could not agree on death (which has to be unanimous in Alabama) so they returned with life without parole.

MacMillan had two primary arguments in his appeal:

1. That the Judge had over-stepped his authority in ignoring the Jury's sentence and assigning his own. The Supreme Court did not agree, and has reaffirmed the Judge's sentence. The process of setting his execution date is happening now, and will likely conclude in the next month or two. And,

2. That the Jury did not have a satisfactory racial composition (there being only 3 blacks, and 3 other blacks had been stricken during selection). The Supreme Court, in a particularly sarcastic (to me, at least) reply, said basically that had he committed the crime in Montgomery County, where the racial demographic is almost 60% black) he would have a valid argument. But the County in which he committed his crime has only a 20% black residency, so the Jury was more than appropriate in reflecting the racial composition of his peers, and the 3 stricken Jurors were appropriately stricken with cause. But they didn't stop there. They summarized their decision by stating that race was not an issue in the arrest, investigation, trial, jury selection, nor sentencing.

To me, it sounded as if the Supreme Court was saying "don't bring us your racial bullshit when we have video showing the thug shooting the man in the head. Color doesn't matter here, and we're not going to listen to any argument based on race."

They pretty much removed every avenue he might have for any other appeal in Alabama, and I doubt seriously that the SCOTUS is going to entertain taking up his case, so he has a date with Big Yellow Mama on his calendar (we switched to lethal injection a while back, but the phrase "has a date with Big Yellow Mama" will forever mean "we're going to execute him" in Alabama). Here she is, still waiting and ready to serve if called upon:

Yellow_Mama.jpg

I think lethal injection is too good for this piece of shit. I think Big Yellow Mama should be allowed to wrap her arms around him, and carry him to his maker.

That makes me smile.

After the trial, the story came out. The jury was comprised of 3 blacks, 8 whites, and one hispanic. I would be shocked if there weren't 9 or more gun owners on the Jury. The foreman requested a meeting with the Judge, where he informed the Judge that the 3 blacks, upon entering the deliberation room, informed the other Jurors that they would not consider the death penalty (the criminal was black). The Judge sent the foreman back with proper instructions to assign whatever sentence they could agree on. They could not agree on death (which has to be unanimous in Alabama) so they returned with life without parole.

MacMillan had two primary arguments in his appeal:

1. That the Judge had over-stepped his authority in ignoring the Jury's sentence and assigning his own. The Supreme Court did not agree, and has reaffirmed the Judge's sentence. The process of setting his execution date is happening now, and will likely conclude in the next month or two. And,

2. That the Jury did not have a satisfactory racial composition (there being only 3 blacks, and 3 other blacks had been stricken during selection). The Supreme Court, in a particularly sarcastic (to me, at least) reply, said basically that had he committed the crime in Montgomery County, where the racial demographic is almost 60% black) he would have a valid argument. But the County in which he committed his crime has only a 20% black residency, so the Jury was more than appropriate in reflecting the racial composition of his peers, and the 3 stricken Jurors were appropriately stricken with cause. But they didn't stop there. They summarized their decision by stating that race was not an issue in the arrest, investigation, trial, jury selection, nor sentencing.

To me, it sounded as if the Supreme Court was saying "don't bring us your racial bullshit when we have video showing the thug shooting the man in the head. Color doesn't matter here, and we're not going to listen to any argument based on race."

They pretty much removed every avenue he might have for any other appeal in Alabama, and I doubt seriously that the SCOTUS is going to entertain taking up his case, so he has a date with Big Yellow Mama on his calendar (we switched to lethal injection a while back, but the phrase "has a date with Big Yellow Mama" will forever mean "we're going to execute him" in Alabama). Here she is, still waiting and ready to serve if called upon:

Yellow_Mama.jpg

I think lethal injection is too good for this piece of shit. I think Big Yellow Mama should be allowed to wrap her arms around him, and carry him to his maker.

I agree.

in reality...according to the inventor of the electric chair...if the chair is maintained well and the execution is carried out according to the directions...its the most humane means of death

i do not agree with the death penalty ... the state should not kill...but i do not have a solution for people so devoid of human compassion....

in reality...according to the inventor of the electric chair...if the chair is maintained well and the execution is carried out according to the directions...its the most humane means of death

i do not agree with the death penalty ... the state should not kill...but i do not have a solution for people so devoid of human compassion....

When someone kill's this way the killer is no longer human, he's an animal and with animals you do what is natural. Kill them

I have had a best friend and a Great Uncle (yes, I knew him and remember him very well and fondly) murdered. Both were shot by thieves, one at home, one at work.

That will put things in a different perspective.

Personally, I think we should execute more criminals, more publicly, and more brutally. If you shoot a man in the head, we shoot you in the head. If you slit a woman's throat, we slit yours. If you beat a child to death, guess what's coming?

But I don't get to make the rules, damn it. :(

Lethal injection is all I got......

Its better than nothing, I suppose.

Forum List

Back