If you think George Soros...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by QUENTIN, Nov 9, 2010.

1. QUENTIN

QUENTIN VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +203
    ...and his 14 billion dollars total exerts more power and influence than:

Charles and David Koch (21 billion each)
    Rupert Murdoch
    Steve Forbes
    Sam and Charles Wyly
    Phil Anschutz
    Richard Mellon Scaife
    Stephen Bechtel
    The Walton Family
    The Olin Family
    Rich and Helen DeVos
    Lynde and Harry Bradley
    Tom Donohue
    Maurine Greenberg
    Kenneth C. Griffin
    T. Boone Pickens
    et al...

Then you are not a member of the reality-based community.

2. Revere

Revere BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +415
    Quick, what do Lynde and Harry Bradley do?

Ooh, I know. They have been dead for seventy years.

Well, you obviously Googled those names, since some of those people are dead and merely left behind foundations.

3. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    I paused on Glenn Beck for a few minutes today and he was talking about Soros and his collection of radical groups.....

Sheesh.

4. QUENTIN

QUENTIN VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +203
    No, I was using names in place of foundations because while Thomas Rhodes controls half a billion dollars that goes to conservative causes it's not his money, it's the Bradley's and it's donated in their name. If you'd rather go with the Rhodes though, feel free to put his name in in the place of the one foundation on the list.

What was your point? Cause I actually had a substantive one.

Fact is Soros's influence, while considerable for an individual, pales in comparison to the donations of numerous billionaire donors who give to conservative causes.

The tendency among many on the right now to pretend one rich guy donating to the left runs the world is nothing short of conspiratorial lunacy rendered ever more ridiculous when compared with the amount of money funneled to the right.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  5. Revere

Revere BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +415
    Well, you Googled Thomas Rhodes, too.

Exactly what does he donate to that ties your shorts in a knot?

6. gautama

gautama BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +336
    The difference is that they are NOT using their money to subsidize their political causes anywhere near the amount that CRAZED MARXIST Soros is.

7. QUENTIN

QUENTIN VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +203
    Today I saw California Girl's absolutely moronic assertion that Barack Obama is the President of the United States because George Soros wanted him to be.

I saw a news story a little while back about a leaked memo detailing a list of major contributors to conservative political causes.

I thought of that in addition to the big infamous, well-known major contributors like Forbes, Scaife, Murdoch, and Pickens and especially the Koch brothers who are the big money behind the Tea Party and major funders of climate change denial and had a long piece covering them in The New Yorker recently.

So I included the big names we all know, searched for that article with the list of contributors and cross-checked to find the richest, then researched online who the biggest donors to conservative causes have been this decade...

Yes, when in my research I found the Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation, I saw the foundation was run by someone else named Thomas Rhodes (on their foundation's page, it's not like I'm randomly plugging in these names one at a time) but it's not his money and he's not a billionaire while I was naming the extraordinarily wealthy people whose contributions to right wing causes are significant. The fact that they're dead doesn't seem relevant, their hundreds of millions of dollars are still going to conservatives and conservative organizations.

Again, I'm not sure what your point is. I didn't copy this list off of some website, but yes I researched who the major contributors to conservative causes were besides the Kochs, Scaifes, Forbes and those famous names and my research was done online, utilizing google among other websites to find information...

Is your line of comment suggesting that factual political information found online is irrelevant on an online political message board?

If not, it seems like you don't have a point at all.

Which suggests to me my point is quite solid, since your reply focuses on irrelevancies and non-sequitirs rather than addressing the fact that Soros is not some monolithic puppetmaster of American politics through his donations and that the right has many Soroses.

The Bradley Foundation has contributed substantially to Project for A New American Cerntury, American Enterprise Institute, and the Heritage Foundation, all of whom received much more from him than the $1 million Soros gave Media Matters. But it's not about something "tying my shorts in a knot" or that these people can't fund who they like, it's about the fact that the constantly repeated meme among the right wing echo chamber right now that George Soros exerts this spectacular and tremendous influence over American politics is paranoid delusional fucking clown shoes, particularly belied by the comparison to how many billionaires fund right wing causes.

This belief of one rich Hungarian Jew running the world with his comparatively measly 14 billion is little more than a conspiracy theory that doesn't hold up to the most mild scrutiny and is absurd on its face. That's all. People who believe it do not live in or understand anything resembling the real world.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  8. Revere

Revere BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +415
    My point is, name the last time the Bradley Foundation dropped $1M on Media Matters or someone like them, who is trying to target specific networks or personalities.

9. Mr.Fitnah

Mr.Fitnah Dreamcrusher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,673

George Soros "The main obstacle to a stable and just world is the united states."

How much influence do you want him to have?

10. MarcATL

MarcATL Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    SOORROOSSSSSSSSSS.......!!!

RWers....buncha idjits....the lot of them.

lol!!!!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1