if you only read one article on romneys tax plan this should be the one

Discussion in 'Politics' started by strollingbones, Oct 26, 2012.

1. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    WASHINGTON — A small nonpartisan research center operated by professed “geeks” has found itself at the center of a rancorous $5 trillion debate between President Obama and Mitt Romney.

No white paper or policy manifesto put out during the presidential campaign has proved more controversial than an August study by the Washington-based Tax Policy Center, a respected nonprofit that issues studiously detailed tax analyses.

That study found, in short, that Mr. Romney could not keep all of the promises he had made on individual tax reform: including cutting marginal tax rates by 20 percent, keeping protections for investment income, not widening the deficit and not increasing the tax burden on the poor or middle class. It concluded that Mr. Romney’s plan, on its face, would cut taxes for rich families and raise them for everyone else.

The detailed paper proved kindling for a political firestorm. Mr. Romney criticized the center as performing a “garbage-in, garbage-out” analysis and his campaign accused it of partisan bias. The Obama campaign used the center’s numbers to argue that Mr. Romney had proposed a $5 trillion tax cut. Economists jumped on the bandwagon too, flinging analyses back and forth and picking apart the projections and assumptions in the report.

At the Tax Policy Center itself, responses ranged from irritation at the partisan nature of some attacks to incredulity over the political hysteria. “There was this résumé-hunting, White-House-visitor-log” searching feel to the response, said the center’s director, Donald Marron, a former Bush administration economist. “That was unanticipated,” he added dryly.

In many ways the report did just what the center was created to do: inject some solid numbers into a shifty, accusatory, raucous political debate. The decade-old center — a joint project of the Brookings Institution and the Urban Institute, two nonpartisan grandes dames of the Washington world — was founded precisely to “fill that niche,” Mr. Marron said.

Tax Policy Center in Spotlight for Its Romney Study - Yahoo! Finance

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Darkwind

Darkwind Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,265
    I stop reading when the very first sentence is a lie.

3. SniperFire

SniperFire Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,223
    Romney is a brilliant financier and has balanced large budgets his entire life. Ryan is considered to be the best budget wonk in Washington.

Obama struggles with 7th grade math.

This is all anyone needs to know.

4. JimH52

JimH52 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,277
    Of course you did! Tools and Hacks like you can't take the truth. Romney is one of the most devious and flip flopping candidates that I have ever seen. He will change his positions more than his underwear in the next ten days.

He WILL NOT repeal Obamacare,as he iniitally claimed. He will pick and chose the bext parts of the program. Oh and his Greatest Lieof all...and I quote:

“I don't have a five trillion dollar tax cut,” He told Obama at the first debate. then he said...."Who told you that?"

My Word! No wonder Obama was speechless. He have never seen anyone lie that much. I am sure Barack never expected a "devote" Morman to tell such a Huge Lie...

5. Sarah G

Sarah G When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,009
    Or that you have a short attention span is more likely the reason.

6. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,589
    Non-partisan, yet they have yet to mention anything about obamas plan.

telling

very telling

7. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    Hey, I'll try some one ELSES plan over the TAX anyone and anything they can find that this administration proposes.

8. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,176
    I understand, willful ignorance is the best defense for cognitive dissonance.

9. naturegirl

naturegirl Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +862
    The plan we have isn't working, the #1 priority of JOBS hasn't panned out. I'm ready to try someone else's. If it doesn't work, we can do this all over again in four years. :)

10. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    we are suppose to love Obama's plan and just enjoy that 8% unemployment..