"If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. "

Its been clear from the starts Obama's plans are to slowly kill the private insurance market until we have single payer. I have posted links of him saying this in his own words. Yet people still question it. im not digging it up again but their is a video link where is is basically explaining how his plans would lead to single payer in the long run. Yet people still buy the claims it wont.

This country deserves everything it gets for being to lazy to actually take our government back from these people, on both sides of the isle.

To funny

Well, to me the mistake from the beginning is that we did not pass a universal health care plan and cut out the insurance companies who are merely pencil pushers that collect 25%=30% of our money with absolutely no health care delivered....they are the middle man and should be cut out altogether if we REALLY want to reduce our own health care costs....yep, I said that and I stick by it. :D

honest to goodness, can you please spare us from the toddler comments? we got enough troubles as it is than to get sidetracked with obamarama drama! :eek:

Its been clear from the starts Obama's plans are to slowly kill the private insurance market until we have single payer. I have posted links of him saying this in his own words. Yet people still question it. im not digging it up again but their is a video link where is is basically explaining how his plans would lead to single payer in the long run. Yet people still buy the claims it wont.

This country deserves everything it gets for being to lazy to actually take our government back from these people, on both sides of the isle.

To funny

Well, to me the mistake from the beginning is that we did not pass a universal health care plan and cut out the insurance companies who are merely pencil pushers that collect 25%=30% of our money with absolutely no health care delivered....they are the middle man and should be cut out altogether if we REALLY want to reduce our own health care costs....yep, I said that and I stick by it. :D

Do you really want to see 20% + unemployment? Where are all those employees going to go to work? BTW they aren't all CEO's. Most of them are just like you and me... peons.

Can you imagine the Obama legacy if he did that? Carter would be seen as a God if that happened and Bush a saint.

Immie

Last edited:

To funny

Do you really want to see 20% + unemployment? Where are all those employees going to go to work? BTW they aren't all CEO's. Most of them are just like you and me... peons.

Can you imagine the Obama legacy if he did that? Carter would be seen as a God if that happened and Bush a saint.

Immie

Immie, I don't believe the health insurance industry would let themselves go down like a rock. I think they would find another means to insure others....like a secondary, supplemental insurance for health care such as my grandparents had to supplement their medicare insurance...

I don't think I should be forced to employ these people with higher cost of my health care....when they do absolutely nothing for my medical care....I'd rather be paying the people who are providing the medical care than some pencil pusher.

Immie

Immie, I don't believe the health insurance industry would let themselves go down like a rock. I think they would find another means to insure others....like a secondary, supplemental insurance for health care such as my grandparents had to supplement their medicare insurance...

I don't think I should be forced to employ these people with higher cost of my health care....when they do absolutely nothing for my medical care....I'd rather be paying the people who are providing the medical care than some pencil pusher.

If you don't want to employ them then by all means let the government support you, but don't force the rest of us to do the same.

I can't see how "supplemental" insurance will survive under the inevitable single payer plan that is coming.

Maybe these companies can survive providing insurance for our pets? /shrug

Immie

The left DOES NOT care. Jillian and company love Obama and any lie he tells, any mistruth, any half truth is JUST FINE. They will defend it with their last breath. I imagine one of two things will happen with this thread. One the left will ignore it and hope it goes away or two they will come in and complain about irrelevant things like where the report came from who reported it or how we are all better off anyway.

It sounds like there's some confusion as to what the OP is talking about. Draft regulations were evaluated for their effects on existing plans. These aren't actually regulations that have the force of law--there will still be a process where they're revised, put up for public comment for 60-90 days (at which point you, the Chamber of Commerce, and every business in America can weigh in if they so choose), and then likely heavily revised again before they actually go into effect.

This is a bit of trial-and-error in the draft stage.

You expect me to believe that when HHS drafts regulations for health care that everyone in the US is going to get a chance to comment on them? Do you think your local city council is doing this?

You expect me to believe that when HHS drafts regulations for health care that everyone in the US is going to get a chance to comment on them?

No, I expect you to believe that any regulation written by any department of the federal government has an associated comment period where you or your organization may weigh in (archives.gov/federal-register/the-federal-register/about.html):

How can I use the Federal Register to affect Federal rulemaking?

Federal agencies are required to publish notices of proposed rulemaking in the Federal Register to enable citizens to participate in the decision making process of the Government. This notice and comment procedure is simple.

1. A proposed rule published in the Federal Register notifies the public of a pending regulation.
2. Any person or organization may comment on it directly, either in writing, or orally at a hearing. Many agencies also accept comments online or via e-mail. The comment period varies, but it usually is 30, 60, or 90 days. For each notice, the Federal Register gives detailed instructions on how, when, and where a viewpoint may be expressed. In addition, agencies must list the name and telephone number of a person to contact for further information.
3. When agencies publish final regulations in the Federal Register, they must address the significant issues raised in comments and discuss any changes made in response to them. Agencies also may use the notice and comment process to stay in contact with constituents and to solicit their views on various policy and program issues.​

You've never encountered this before?

You expect me to believe that when HHS drafts regulations for health care that everyone in the US is going to get a chance to comment on them?

No, I expect you to believe that any regulation written by any department of the federal government has an associated comment period where you or your organization may weigh in (archives.gov/federal-register/the-federal-register/about.html):

How can I use the Federal Register to affect Federal rulemaking?

Federal agencies are required to publish notices of proposed rulemaking in the Federal Register to enable citizens to participate in the decision making process of the Government. This notice and comment procedure is simple.

1. A proposed rule published in the Federal Register notifies the public of a pending regulation.
2. Any person or organization may comment on it directly, either in writing, or orally at a hearing. Many agencies also accept comments online or via e-mail. The comment period varies, but it usually is 30, 60, or 90 days. For each notice, the Federal Register gives detailed instructions on how, when, and where a viewpoint may be expressed. In addition, agencies must list the name and telephone number of a person to contact for further information.
3. When agencies publish final regulations in the Federal Register, they must address the significant issues raised in comments and discuss any changes made in response to them. Agencies also may use the notice and comment process to stay in contact with constituents and to solicit their views on various policy and program issues.​

You've never encountered this before?

0bama, Pelosi and Reed have already told a large minority of Congress and the majority of the public to go screw themselves on this program. What do wuppose commenting on this will do, other than waste my time?

Forum List

Back