If You Could Pick The Time...

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
If you could pick the point along the time-line of earths checkerd history which you would live your one shot at life on earth, when would you live? Remember... statistically speaking, the odds of you being born where you were born and to what class you were born are going to be skewed, to say the least.

What if you could pick the time and place? :eusa_think:

The only life this average Joe would trade for paved roads with affordable machines to run on them, cell phones, computers and air conditioning would be Hawaii, circa 1200 AD.

I believe it's pointless to ask if anyone would choose to be born in to a family in control of fewer resources.

I wish I would have graduated college in 1976. I believe it was at that point in American history when we started to pull away from everyone else in the world in almost every catagory. American inovation was second to none. The economic advisors today were the wealth builders of the time. Bill Gates was starting the computer revolutions and warren buffet was creating his financial empire. The worker in this country was rewarded well with pensions and health benefits reflecting the enormous wealth being generated.

Don't really want a higher or lower income level, as this time period I believe represents the most active time in mobile financial history, you could achieve anything you wanted. Today the same opportunity exists, but difficulty in doing so has increased a hundred fold.

Culturally speaking "sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll" what a time to live.

Easy! about 1740 in southwestern Connecticut where I was born, or more likely Philly. My family was filthy rich and very politically active. I am a direct descendant of Robert Morris, the only person to sign the Articles of Confederation, the Declaration of Independence and the U. S. Constitution.

No matter when or where I would likely do it pretty much all over the same way again.
I was born to be what I was/am and would be all over again as well.
so had I been born to a different time it would have been pretty much same thing different room.

I wish I would have graduated college in 1976. I believe it was at that point in American history when we started to pull away from everyone else in the world in almost every catagory. American inovation was second to none. The economic advisors today were the wealth builders of the time. Bill Gates was starting the computer revolutions and warren buffet was creating his financial empire. The worker in this country was rewarded well with pensions and health benefits reflecting the enormous wealth being generated.

Don't really want a higher or lower income level, as this time period I believe represents the most active time in mobile financial history, you could achieve anything you wanted. Today the same opportunity exists, but difficulty in doing so has increased a hundred fold.

I graduated high school in '77. I wouldn't trade my life for anything, short of Hawaii, circa 1200 AD.

I graduated high school in '77. I wouldn't trade my life for anything, short of Hawaii, circa 1200 AD.

Aww you would have just been sacrificed to the volcano goddess. ;)

Aww you would have just been sacrificed to the volcano goddess. ;)

I know...

It positively SUCKS being this pretty! :evil: But what a way to go!​

"It's better to burn out, than to fade away..."
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs2-BH9_DMA]YouTube - Neil Young & Crazy Horse Hey Hey, My My LIVE[/ame]

I remember 1976. Good time if you could be one of the very few folks that were actually able to go to college.

I would choose to live my current life. It hasn't been perfect and I always wonder if I was destined for something different, but my mix of luck and hard work has worked out so far.

I remember 1976. Good time if you could be one of the very few folks that were actually able to go to college.

I would choose to live my current life. It hasn't been perfect and I always wonder if I was destined for something different, but my mix of luck and hard work has worked out so far.

:beer: To Luck & Skills..... Thank (insert your preferred Deity here) for Luck & Skills!

Forum List

Back