If you can walk and drive

Gadawg73

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2009
Georgia
is it unethical and wrong for you to receive a handicapped tag and disability benefits of any kind?
We know many fire, police, military, government employees and just plain citizens that have these benefits and ride motorcycles, work in the yard, play softball, hunt and fish and there is nothing much wrong with them. In fact, most state that there really is nothing wrong with them. "I broke my arm training years ago and it hurst sometime" qualifies them for the extra pay and benefits. What?
Just because you served at something, does that mean if you have a minor tweak you should get special benefits and extra pay for life?
My Dad, former Marine Captain hitting many Pacific beaches in the 40s despises these folks. Dad says "if you can walk you should never get a handicapped sticker or any extra pay"
The men of his generation would never take any of this.

is it unethical and wrong for you to receive a handicapped tag and disability benefits of any kind?
We know many fire, police, military, government employees and just plain citizens that have these benefits and ride motorcycles, work in the yard, play softball, hunt and fish and there is nothing much wrong with them. In fact, most state that there really is nothing wrong with them. "I broke my arm training years ago and it hurst sometime" qualifies them for the extra pay and benefits. What?
Just because you served at something, does that mean if you have a minor tweak you should get special benefits and extra pay for life?
My Dad, former Marine Captain hitting many Pacific beaches in the 40s despises these folks. Dad says "if you can walk you should never get a handicapped sticker or any extra pay"

There are some people with congestive heart failure who cannot walk more than 100-200 feet before they are breathless and need to stop to rest.

Are you saying that you'd like them to walk from the far end of the parking lot just so you could have a close spot?

There are some people with congestive heart failure who cannot walk more than 100-200 feet before they are breathless and need to stop to rest.

Are you saying that you'd like them to walk from the far end of the parking lot just so you could have a close spot?

No. They need to save their energy so they can walk around the mall all day.

So someone that is really handicapped can have that spot.
I always park in the very back, as far away as possible for the exercise.
If you have congestive heart failure you do not need to be on the roads.
I hope you can do better than this.

I can pretty much do a back flip nowadays, and able to obtain a disability tag.

Don't worry--operating any motor vehicle scare the daylights out of me!! That includes a lawnmower!!

Forum List

Back