If you can help I would be most appreciative.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by eric3742, May 17, 2011.

1. eric3742

eric3742 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've never really sat down and thought about it because I never really cared but now I'm curious. I don't know what political party I would belong to. I mean when I think republican, I think, a bunch of rich oil farmers who don't care about anything but making democrats look bad and gettin more money, also that America is a DEMOCRACY, how the hell did we come up with a REPUBLICAN party. But when I think of democrats, I think, a bunch of whiny babies who are afraid of guns, say more than they do, and just accept that the republicans have the majority, I thought that was why we had the three tiered power system of government. I just want a government that will actually make real plans to fix the world and do it irregardless of how much it costs, instead every politician we have, whether they admit it or not, are doing nothing more than trying to get more and more money. That's it. Money. That's what politics are all about, trying to get more money. And apparently noone else cares. We're trapped here on Earth, basically a big balloon, and we're running out of air and the only thing anyone cares about is how many millions they can acquire in a lifetime. So there is my question, based on what little I have said would anyone be able to shed some light on what political party I might belong to, whether it be Democrat, Republican, or some other party I may not be aware of.
    P.S. If you need more info about my views to better determine your answer just let me know and I'll help if I can.

2. Ernie S.

Ernie S. Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,500
    First things first. The United Stated is a republic. In a pure democracy, issues are decided by direct vote. In a republic, issues are decided by directly elected representatives. I suggest you actually READ the Constitution. You may learn something.
    Then study up on how political parties interpret the Constitution and what parts the most vigorously defend or disregard. With some reading and thought, you should reach an opinion which party represents you.

3. Flagwavrusa

Flagwavrusa "Stop complainin!"

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +98
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHAesSmv2YU]YouTube - 22t2.flv[/ame]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Grace

Grace BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +742
  5. eric3742

eric3742 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you, Grace. I went to the link and it's been made apparent, I am in the Green Party, it's pretty cool. Thanks again.:up:

6. Grace

Grace BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +742
    I just picked out one. Google "What political party am I?" and oodles will pop up. Some complete with graphs.

Personally speaking, I don't like labels so I am no particular party. I'll vote for whomever I think will do the best job. Sometimes I fuck up. :tongue:

7. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    You sound like you belong to the IWTGCFAWM party. (Idiots Who Think Government Can Fix Anything With Money) The government has been throwing more money at our public education system every year and it keeps getting worse, money is not the answer, neither is government.

By the way, the only reason we are trapped here on Earth is people who think the universe is not big enough for us. We already have the technology to build ships that can make it to the stars, can you explain why we are not doing it?

8. eric3742

eric3742 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Obviously, I'm not the Idiot who doesn't understand, I said that was the problem with the world, TOO MANY RICH PEOPLE "GOVERNMENT INCLUDED" TRYING TO GET MORE MILLIONS.:razz:

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  9. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    You apparently do not even understand your own words.

It is not the government's job to fix the world, nor is a government policy that does not worry about cost very smart.

10. idb

idb Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,805
    Heh, it's a troll.
    No one serious would admit to being a Green party supporter.