If This Doesn't Charge Your Battery......You're Dead

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
20,000 donated Bibles sought | Livingston Daily | livingstondaily.com

The fingerprints of those participating in a "huge" youth-led Bible drive this holiday season will travel across the globe, according to the Rev. Jason Woolford, executive director of Christian Resources International.

A youth group of SonRise Church hopes to donate 20,000 Bibles by Dec. 20 to the Fowler-ville-based nonprofit.

"We just wanted to do something to get the name of God out there," said Jordan Belanger, 14, whom the Rev. Patrick Erck credits with the idea.

I'm sure those starving children, over a billion if the whole world is included, might not be too thrilled since they can't eat a bible.

Last edited:
Food or a bedtime story? I would rather good to sleep tripping of the thought of burning in hell if i dont give myself to this spirit, than go to bed full. Who needs food when you have "God"

Food or a bedtime story? I would rather good to sleep tripping of the thought of burning in hell if i dont give myself to this spirit, than go to bed full. Who needs food when you have "God"

"Man Does Not Live By Bread Alone"

'Course that doesn't say anything about children

The fingerprints of those participating in a "huge" youth-led Bible drive this holiday season will travel across the globe, according to the Rev. Jason Woolford, executive director of Christian Resources International.

A youth group of SonRise Church hopes to donate 20,000 Bibles by Dec. 20 to the Fowler-ville-based nonprofit.

"We just wanted to do something to get the name of God out there," said Jordan Belanger, 14, whom the Rev. Patrick Erck credits with the idea.

I'm sure those starving children, over a billion if the whole world is included, might not be too thrilled since they can't eat a bible.

What percent of your income goes to charity?

They can't eat the Bible but they damn sure can't eat some un-cooked wheat rice that'll give em diarrhea either. Better off gettin' some good news in thier heads.

Matthew 4:4 Man does not live by bread alone but by the Word of God.
How much you wanna bet those kids will also be compelled to feed starving children also, and clothe them. It is what Christians do.

How many children did you prevent from going hungry today?

Well I tithed my gross income to the church till I was about sixty. After I finally left them I've given to several childen's funds....UNICEF, Operation SmileTrain, Shriners Children's Hospitals, St. Judes etc. There's an operation REACH here locally and my wife gives to that every year.

Last edited:

Quite clearly, a pitifully small amount of charity is delegated by the church thumpers.

Starving children need food and medical care. If something can be seen as a positive here, maybe the starving children can burn the bibles to stay warm at night.

Well I tithed my gross income to the church till I was about sixty. After I finally left them I've given to several childen's funds....UNICEF, Operation SmileTrain, Shriners Children's Hospitals, St. Judes etc. There's an operation REACH here locally and my wife gives to that every year.

So what percent of your income goes to charity?

Quite clearly, a pitifully small amount of charity is delegated by the church thumpers.

Starving children need food and medical care. If something can be seen as a positive here, maybe the starving children can burn the bibles to stay warm at night.

Church is the only charity?

Well that's what ignorant people like you think anyhow.

I'm willing to bet you're not a charitable person.

Bibles are going to help hungry and sick children?

That's what selfish, angry thumpers such as you believe.

I'll bet your charity comes with a sinister message of hate and coercion.

Dear Cammmpbell: the Christian groups and individuals I know with the most faith in abundance have no problems spreading the word AND feeding children, elderly and needy at the same time. They do BOTH. They practice what they preach.

If you want to yell about Christians being hypocrites, and not living up to perfect charity and forgiveness; you can yell equally about leaders and politicians under Constitutional laws who fail to uphold those promises of "equal justice under law" and equal protection of all people's interests under govt jurisdiction. the church and state both fail at their own laws.

Cammmpbell, look up the websites do a search on JUDICIAL or LEGAL ABUSE. You will find as many horrifying stories as you do under religious/cult abuse. Any authority concentrated collectively in the hands of the few is prone to corruption and abuse because we are human.

The difference, Cammmpbell, between abuse of church authority and state authority, is that the govt policies are MANDATORY. You should be equally if not MORE afraid of govt abuse of power than you are wary of religious abuse by church groups which are voluntary.

And Cammmpbell, if you are NOT afraid of govt abuses, but HAVE FAITH that these can be corrected by applying govt laws to check itself (instead of throwing all govt and law out the window because of corruption) then why not have the same faith that church groups can also be corrected by holding them to their own laws, the same way we do with state laws.

Why are you targeting one group, which is voluntary and not forced on you, while not equally panicking about state and govt corruption and violations which are mandatory for us?

If you can forgive and trust govt to be corrected instead of thrown out, why don't you have equal faith in religious groups being corrected the same way? Why one and not the other??

Yeah, and look how much Americans spent getting the vote out instead of investing in fixing things directly. Are you criticizing that equally as you do this push to get Bibles out? Which will last longer, Cammmpbell, a Bible or a bunch of campaign literature? Think about it!

No, but no one is saying ithey would.

That's a strawman of your creation.

Link me to a quote from those providing the Bibles that their intent it to feed hungry children with Bibles.

No actually my charity(s) of which there are several has just the opposite outcome.

Last edited:

Dear Hollie: The Christian charities I support the most don't charge money, but help people for free, including healing cancer and other conditions that medicine alone cannot cure.

Please research and see for yourself.
Some sources I recommend the most:
* Dr. Francis MacNutt, Christian healing ministries Christian Healing Ministries
I give out copies of the founder's book on HEALING for free, to help people understand how spiritual healing cuts the costs of disease as well as treatment of mind/body/spirit together
* Dr. Phillip Goldfedder, Healing Is Yours
He does more therapy and counseling than his previous work as a neurosurgeon because he found it more cost-effective in curing people permanently rather than expensive more invasive procedures or medications that only placate symptoms without removing the cause
* Olivia Reiner 713-829-0899
I know her personally and vouch that she never charges any money for anything her or her volunteers do in Christian service to others. She has a mission to feed, clothe, house and heal all those in need worldwide by serving through Jesus and God to reach all people, not relying on material systems with conditions attached. She has enough testimonials over 30 years of healing ministry to prove these medically by documenting such cases of healing.
None of this costing any money to anyone, but saving thousands of dollars and lives.

When you save one person from a life of addiction, whether it is alcoholic self-destruction that leads to drunk driving or domestic abuse which can kill people, or from abuse that causes people to attack others or cut themselves, how much more are you saving? Forgiveness in Christ Jesus has literally cured people of such sickness over which they had no control. You cannot put a price on freedom, so the true healers don't charge money.

Link me to a quote from those providing the Bibles that their intent it to feed hungry children with Bibles.

No actually my charity(s) of which there are several has just the opposite outcome.
Actually, it is a shame that people like you would be so desperate to inflict your religious views on sick, hungry children that you would feel a need to give them bibles instead of health care and food.

I suppose its a matter if caring and priorities that would cause you to deny food to starving children as opposed to trying desperately to convert them.

Actually, it is a shame that people like you would be so desperate to inflict your religious views on sick, hungry children that you would feel a need to give them bibles instead of health care and food.

I suppose its a matter if caring and priorities that would cause you to deny food to starving children as opposed to trying desperately to convert them.

Great argument against the strawman you created.

I find it shameful you have to create a strawman in order to win an argument.

But :clap2: Bravo!! :clap2: Well done!!

IDK I chose to give a family in Bangledesh 3 ducks for Christmas delivered along with the gospel I assume. The ducks come with everything necessary to properly care for them and breed them to make more ducks. Hopefully whoever gets them will get more than three meals out of them.

Everybody does what they can and a spiritual gift can be just as good as a physical one. Jesus taught us this when he fed the multitudes along with preaching Gods word. Maybe the bibles will go to people who already have enough to live on like a school or orphanage that already has financial support. In this way I can see it's need. Man does not live by bread alone. If you have bread but are having a tough time, hope can preserve life just as well; Ask any Doctor or Nurse at a Cancer clinic.

Last edited:

That is not the case.
How Much is Given?

I consider this pitiful though:
Charitable groups will fight Obama tax bill | The Daily Caller

Great argument against the strawman you created.

I find it shameful you have to create a strawman in order to win an argument.

But :clap2: Bravo!! :clap2: Well done!!

Ah yes, the last sign of desperation from the angry fundie.

It's best you didn’t try to defend proselytizing with cynical claims that you’re doing charity work or actually trying to relieve the suffering of children. Actually relieving the suffering of sick, starving children would imply offering food, medicine and shelter. No, it’s much easier to appease your gods by taking advantage of hungry children and promoting self-serving interests.

Forum List

Back