If the UK does not belong to Europe as a continent, where is it then?

If the UK does not belong to the European continent, where is it then?

• on some other continent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • on a continent of its own

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • on the European continent after all

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Zebra

Gold Member
May 29, 2023
If England and the UK does not belong Europe, where is it then?

With Europe I mean the continent - not the EU.

But it seems that these two things are often mixed up.

A subcontinent is what it was referred to in school but there was as is now a debate over the British Isles and Irelands classification. They are not connected to a larger land mass.

The UK belongs to Europe, just as Iceland and Malta belong to Europe.

The UK is hoplessly mired in Political Correctness and will self destruct before America does.

Their racial policies are deep in the realm of insanity.

The UK is 20 miles west of Europe, and since at its closest point, France's territorial waters only extend 12 miles, geographically, the UK is clearly not part of Europe.

Historically, the UK's greatest enemies have been Europeans, Italy(Rome), Denmark, France, Spain and Germany, and 4 of these 5 European enemies have tried to invade and conquer the UK.

The UK's greatest ally is the US, not some European nation or collection of European nations.

Why would anyone think of the UK as part of Europe?

Both Napoleon and Hitler tried their best to force Britain to join continental Europe.

Luckily for the world, they failed.

I dont understand why some say that the UK is no part of Europa, just because it is an island.

Then Japan would be no part of Asia
Cuba and Haiti etc would be no part of the Americas

etc etc ...

uk66c9g.jpg

Geology of the area may be a factor since the british isles are at a conjuncture of geological formations and not totaly on the formation that Europe sits on.

Repeat:

where is it then?

Palaeomagnetic evidence indicates that 520 Ma, what is now Great Britain was split between two continents, separated by 7,000 km (4,300 mi) of ocean. The north of Scotland was located at about 20° south of the equator on the continent of Laurentia near the Tropic of Capricorn, while the rest of the country was at about 60° south on the continent of Gondwana near the Antarctic Circle. This may be the answer.

Forum List

Back