If the govt shuts down, the weapons flow to ukraine wont Lolz

I thought lefties were about peace, man.
We are. Smash maniacs who commit offensive wars of vanity, and we will have more peace. Like the long period of peace in Europe since 1945 that Putin ended by invading two European countries.

They invaded Ukraine BECAUSE OF NATO. And don't forget Ukraine is not part of NATO.... yet
Nice Russian propaganda...

Ukraine had for decades had Russia meddling in Ukraine affairs... They wanted Russia out of there country. They got rid of Russian's highly corrupt leader and wanted to join with EU. That was their democratic right. Putin hated the idea of Ukraine joining EU and removing corruption and giving rights to their people.

Ukraine was of course looking to join NATO, he invaded them...
What did you expect Ukraine to do?

Putin has no justification to invade a neighbour because they want to join a military alliance...

If Ukraine joined EU then seeing their GDP growth, Belarus would have followed... Putin would have felt pressure internally as the Russian would see Putin and his oligarchs as just a bunch of thieves..

Putin hates democracy and considers it a threat to his power.

Now you are in the middle of supporting him...

Nice Russian propaganda...

Ukraine had for decades had Russia meddling in Ukraine affairs... They wanted Russia out of there country. They got rid of Russian's highly corrupt leader and wanted to join with EU. That was their democratic right. Putin hated the idea of Ukraine joining EU and removing corruption and giving rights to their people.

Ukraine was of course looking to join NATO, he invaded them...
What did you expect Ukraine to do?

Putin has no justification to invade a neighbour because they want to join a military alliance...

If Ukraine joined EU then seeing their GDP growth, Belarus would have followed... Putin would have felt pressure internally as the Russian would see Putin and his oligarchs as just a bunch of thieves..

Putin hates democracy and considers it a threat to his power.

Now you are in the middle of supporting him...
Russia told Nato officials that if they kept encroaching on Russia that they would invade. Facts are not propaganda

Russia told Nato officials that if they kept encroaching on Russia that they would invade. Facts are not propaganda

Facts, Really?

Myth 2: NATO promised Russia it would not expand after the Cold War​

Fact: Such an agreement was never made. NATO’s door has been open to new members since it was founded in 1949 – and that has never changed. This “Open Door Policy” is enshrined in Article 10 of NATO’s founding treaty, which says “any other European State in a position to further the principles of this Treaty and to contribute to the security of the North Atlantic” can apply for membership. Decisions on membership are taken by consensus among all Allies. No treaty signed by the United States, Europe and Russia included provisions on NATO membership.

The idea of NATO expansion beyond a united Germany was not on the agenda in 1989, particularly as the Warsaw Pact still existed. This was confirmed by Mikhail Gorbachev in an interview in 2014: "The topic of 'NATO expansion' was not discussed at all, and it wasn't brought up in those years. I say this with full responsibility. Not a single Eastern European country raised the issue, not even after the Warsaw Pact ceased to exist in 1991. Western leaders didn't bring it up, either."

Declassified White House transcripts also reveal that, in 1997, Bill Clinton consistently refused Boris Yeltsin's offer of a 'gentlemen's agreement' that no former Soviet Republics would enter NATO: "I can't make commitments on behalf of NATO, and I'm not going to be in the position myself of vetoing NATO expansion with respect to any country, much less letting you or anyone else do so…NATO operates by consensus."
Here is the orginal article from 2014

So what you said is straight out of Russian Propaganda.... You feel for it hook, line and sinker... No promise was ever given...

Facts, Really?

Myth 2: NATO promised Russia it would not expand after the Cold War​

Fact: Such an agreement was never made. NATO’s door has been open to new members since it was founded in 1949 – and that has never changed. This “Open Door Policy” is enshrined in Article 10 of NATO’s founding treaty, which says “any other European State in a position to further the principles of this Treaty and to contribute to the security of the North Atlantic” can apply for membership. Decisions on membership are taken by consensus among all Allies. No treaty signed by the United States, Europe and Russia included provisions on NATO membership.

The idea of NATO expansion beyond a united Germany was not on the agenda in 1989, particularly as the Warsaw Pact still existed. This was confirmed by Mikhail Gorbachev in an interview in 2014: "The topic of 'NATO expansion' was not discussed at all, and it wasn't brought up in those years. I say this with full responsibility. Not a single Eastern European country raised the issue, not even after the Warsaw Pact ceased to exist in 1991. Western leaders didn't bring it up, either."

Declassified White House transcripts also reveal that, in 1997, Bill Clinton consistently refused Boris Yeltsin's offer of a 'gentlemen's agreement' that no former Soviet Republics would enter NATO: "I can't make commitments on behalf of NATO, and I'm not going to be in the position myself of vetoing NATO expansion with respect to any country, much less letting you or anyone else do so…NATO operates by consensus."
Here is the orginal article from 2014

So what you said is straight out of Russian Propaganda.... You feel for it hook, line and sinker... No promise was ever given...
I never mentioned any agreement tard. I stated a fact and you moved the goalposts

1695944051438.png

I never mentioned any agreement tard. I stated a fact and you moved the goalposts
But NATO didn't encroach on Russia...

Please show where that happened before Russia invasion in 2014....

Ukraine was asking to join but NATO was far from accepting before Russia invaded...

Russia military actions caused this... They wanted Crimea and they invaded and tried to act suprise when they asked for NATO help...

The federal government could shut down if Congress can’t reach an agreement to fund it by Sept. 30, but the Defense Department said its operations supporting Ukraine in its war with Russia won’t be greatly affected.

Our own military members wont get paid, but we will continue giving them weapons to kill kids the next few decades. :rofl: :rofl:

Talk about getting destroyed in a general election debate.

Priorities! Bitcoin wallets won't fund themselves!

The federal government could shut down if Congress can’t reach an agreement to fund it by Sept. 30, but the Defense Department said its operations supporting Ukraine in its war with Russia won’t be greatly affected.

Our own military members wont get paid, but we will continue giving them weapons to kill kids the next few decades. :rofl: :rofl:

Talk about getting destroyed in a general election debate.
But our politicians will get paid.

Forum List

Back