If the economy begins to decline because tax reform doesn't pass who will you blame?

Who will you blame?

• Trump

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • The GOP

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • The Dems

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • All of them

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
Myself I will blame the GOP & Trump.
Trump because he couldn't keep the school yard antics to himself and went after people in the GOP personally in a public manner. Art of the deal?

And the GOP because they let their emotions (dislike of Trump) hinder their ability to do WHAT THEY PROMISED.

You?

Edit: I wasn't done with the poll or it's options but accidentally hit submit. I wanted the votes to be publicly visible and only after voting.
Sigh...

All of them and they need to be ran out of town!

When the economy starts to tank it will be because it was time for it to happen, and nobody in office has the ability to stop it.

There is a reason we have had twelve systemic crashes since the mid 1800s and other countries have had none. It is be design, it is a built in mechanism to keep things in control.

https://www.amazon.com/Fragile-Design-Political-Princeton-Economic/dp/0691155240&tag=ff0d01-20
I managed to live through 4 of them....

And chances are you will live through a couple more of them.
As long as there is weed and hookers you bet...

If the economy starts to tank, I'm blaming Trump, because he's supposed to be the leader of the party in power, and all he has managed to do is divide his own party, which is why he can't get anything done.

A close second is the GOP, because they are trying to make tax cuts permanent for corporations, while screwing the little guy.

Maybe the 2 Dem majorities in 2019 and 2020 will handle it
Hillary has a 97% chance of taking over, right?

You really need to talk to your therapist about this obsession you have with Hillary. She lost. She doesn't have any position in the government, and he isn't running for anything. I realize that you have enjoyed 30 years of bashing her, but those day are gone. You're just in denial now, but soon you will go through all the other steps, and accept that you just need new material.

I'd blame you for your logically unsupported assertion that failure to pass the tax cut (which is not reform btw) will cause an econ downturn. LOL
Markets often react to even minor speculation. To suggest it isn't possible for them to react to failed legislation is just patently stupid.
Par for the course with you I guess.

So what possible sane reason might the crazy right wing have to pull the crap they are trying to pull?

Myself I will blame the GOP & Trump.
Trump because he couldn't keep the school yard antics to himself and went after people in the GOP personally in a public manner. Art of the deal?

And the GOP because they let their emotions (dislike of Trump) hinder their ability to do WHAT THEY PROMISED.

You?

Edit: I wasn't done with the poll or it's options but accidentally hit submit. I wanted the votes to be publicly visible and only after voting.
Sigh...
The economy won't decline because of the current proposed tax "reform". Although that would certainly contribute.

The economy is going to decline because of the massive public and private debt already on the books, which Trump and the GOP want to make even bigger.

If the economy begins to decline because tax reform doesn't pass who will you blame?

Your poll, OP, omits the answer intelligent people would choose. If that happens -- mind you, the idea that the economy will decline because tax reform does not pass is dubious at best -- I will blame a "what" not a "who." My interests lie in understanding why things happened and using that understanding to, going forward, avoid effecting the same mistakes.

Far more likely is stock prices declining if the tax bill does not pass. The stock market, however, is but one part of the economy. It is not the economy.

I'd blame you for your logically unsupported assertion that failure to pass the tax cut (which is not reform btw) will cause an econ downturn. LOL
Markets often react to even minor speculation. To suggest it isn't possible for them to react to failed legislation is just patently stupid.

So what possible sane reason might the crazy right wing have to pull the crap they are trying to pull?
Grandpa is blissfully unaware that growth forecasts WITHOUT the bill are for at least 2.5% growth through 2018. But he assumes without the bill it will "cause an econ downturn."

The problem with that assumption, aside from the usual, is that the fed is expected to raise rates by about 2% WITHOUT the bill. Stronger growth coupled with rising deficits is the consensus of what will occur WITH the bill. That would give the Fed a reason to raise rates even more, and the Fed' primary directive is to kill inflation before it lives.

IF the bill was actually about growth, rather than saving the gop's ass in 18 and 20, we'd find areas to increase taxes that would not hurt growth while, simultaneously, reducing the increased costs of soc sec, medicare, Medicaid.

Grandpa is blissfully unaware that growth forecasts WITHOUT the bill are for at least 2.5% growth through 2018. But he assumes without the bill it will "cause an econ downturn."

The problem with that assumption, aside from the usual, is that the fed is expected to raise rates by about 2% WITHOUT the bill. Stronger growth coupled with rising deficits is the consensus of what will occur WITH the bill. That would give the Fed a reason to raise rates even more, and the Fed' primary directive is to kill inflation before it lives.

IF the bill was actually about growth, rather than saving the gop's ass in 18 and 20, we'd find areas to increase taxes that would not hurt growth while, simultaneously, reducing the increased costs of soc sec, medicare, Medicaid.
I don't make any such assumptions about a downturn. Like MOST RETARDS ON THIS SITE you are unable to comprehend what you read. Let me give the dick licking liberal a clue...

LOOK AT THE FIRST WORD IN THE TITLE, DUMBASS

Forum List

Back