If something happens to the government, what will happen to the nuclear reactors?

nawpar

Jan 9, 2013
Ohio
Will they meltdown and spew radiation everywhere? What will happen to the nuclear waste? What about the all the toxic waste dumps?
And how do you know?

Will they meltdown and spew radiation everywhere? What will happen to the nuclear waste? What about the all the toxic waste dumps?
And how do you know?
What is going to happen to the government? Most likely nothing for a long, long time.

Lets say the zombie apocalypse happened and the govt is non existent. What would happen to the reactors?
I assume they would eventually fail.
Guess I'll be hiking to mexico

And how do you know?
The reactors, if left unattended will automatically scram themselves if certain problems are detected. Scramming is when cadmium or boron control rods are dropped in place to keep the reaction from getting out of control. When that fails the reactor will meltdown and possibly even explode killing us all. Don't worry, the media won't report it and we won't know we are dead.

And how do you know?
The reactors, if left unattended will automatically scram themselves if certain problems are detected. Scramming is when cadmium or boron control rods are dropped in place to keep the reaction from getting out of control. When that fails the reactor will meltdown and possibly even explode killing us all. Don't worry, the media won't report it and we won't know we are dead.

Coolio!
I don't wanna know if I'm dead.

Do people really think the "government" can be voted out of existence and everyone will just disappear? You grew up watching way too many video games sonny.

And how do you know?

Coolio!
I don't wanna know if I'm dead.
She said, I know what it's like to be dead, and she's making me feel like I've never been born.

Lets say the zombie apocalypse happened and the govt is non existent. What would happen to the reactors?
I assume they would eventually fail.
Guess I'll be hiking to mexico
I got it Harley. We'll call Rick and Daryl! They'll handle that crap! :auiqs.jpg:
1602363153839.png

Last edited:
Do people really think the "government" can be voted out of existence and everyone will just disappear? You grew up watching way too many video games sonny.

In the normal course of history, Governments get blown out of existence by a different Government with tons of death and destruction, and then a proxy interim Government gets installed.
Unless they use a bioweapon like China has after infiltrating and indoctrinating a major party along with taking over said Country's media; then, there is alot less death and very little physical destruction, comparatively speaking.

Last edited:
This is one of the many questions that have always been obvious and the answer to which made nuclear plants a bad idea. We have a priesthood of people capable of running these things. They have potential black mail easily available. There are endless other problems, but this is an irrresolvable one.

Forum List

Back