If selling a gay couple a wedding cake means a "Christian" baker participated in the marriage...

Freedom of association. If you cannot choose whom to associate with...you are not free.
Oh...and a shitty comparison.

There are plenty of Homosexual bakers out there- there really is no reason for people intent on Gay Marriage to insist that Christians bake a cake for them.

The only reason I see is that the Homos want to "stick it" in the eye of Normative Americans who are offended by this bastardization.

BTW, if I was a baker, I'd have no problem with baking a cake for this kind of silliness. I'd still think it was stupid, but I liked Jim Carey in drag as Vera De Milo back in the day.

There are plenty of Homosexual bakers out there- there really is no reason for people intent on Gay Marriage to insist that Christians bake a cake for them.

The only reason I see is that the Homos want to "stick it" in the eye of Normative Americans who are offended by this bastardization.

BTW, if I was a baker, I'd have no problem with baking a cake for this kind of silliness. I'd still think it was stupid, but I liked Jim Carey in drag as Vera De Milo back in the day.

That's like saying that there are plenty of black bakers out there, there's no reason why a white baker can't refuse to sell to blacks..

We went over this 50 years ago, this doesn't fly.

does selling a gun to a murderer mean a "Christian" gun store owner participated in the murder?
You are not entitled to my services, period. If I don't want to bake you a cake, go f yourself.

What we have here is a failure of public accommodation in a public market and its effects on a capitalistic system.
And where do you draw the line? Bake me a cake with nazi symbols. If you don't I will sue you. Make me a cake with the words "god hates fags". Somehow I doubt you would stand up for those that wish such things. You are not "entitled" to my services. And of course the obvious, will you hold a muslim bakery to the same standard? After all, not baking a cake isn't quite the same as throwing someone off a roof.

That's like saying that there are plenty of black bakers out there, there's no reason why a white baker can't refuse to sell to blacks..

We went over this 50 years ago, this doesn't fly.
Great, force those black bakers to cater a KKK rally. Somehow, I doubt that would happen.

Forum List

Back