If Republicans Cared About Families, They’d Stop Blocking Paid Leave

16.4 per 1000 married women now? 22.6 at it's peak in the late 70s? Wow, all that proves is that the disintegration has been a complete fabrication. Thanks for proving my point!

Nope, it only proves mine. ?

Divorce rates dramatically increased throughout the women's lib movement which Democrats stood strongly behind. It wasn't until Reagan took office when the rates started to decrease slightly. We are s Most marry for hot romance and sextill on a downtrend of divorce but not nearly to the point we were at before it started.

1.6% is hardly an epidemic. 2.2% shows that it was never an epidemic.

Why do you feel that divorce is categorically a bad thing? I'm surprised that the rate is so low. The fact is that there will always be a certain number of people who are unhappy in their marriages. It's good that they have an out.

If anything a high divorce rate shows that people should think a whole lot harder before they get married. Most marry for hot romance and sex...and 'cause the girls always dream of their wedding day. Then their supposedly stuck together for life. That sucks!

Nevertheless it was the liberal movement that caused such high divorce rates. It also led to out of wedlock births which is still on the rise:

http://www.heritage.org/~/media/images/reports/2010/b2465/b2465_chart3.ashx?w=500&h=640&as=1

High rates of children born out of wed lock are the product of choices made by people. Especially women.

Given freedom, that's what they choose.

A very big part of freedom is the freedom to do things that may be considered dumb. In a totalitarian state people are forced to live by the dictates of the government...often times in their best interests...is that what you want?

Yes, people do choose to have children with no husband. Who do you suppose promoted that? Do you suppose those very same people are unaware that single-partent homes are related to poverty?

Employers should support pregnant women not fire them when they become pregnant.

Cool story. Seeing as it's already illegal to fire someone who gets pregnant, I still don't know what your point is supposed to be.

Even though it's illegal to do it, it happens every day. The employer just doesn't say they're firing the person because of pregnancy. They make up a different excuse.

My point is that if employers and our society supported pregnant women and mothers more women wouldn't have to give up a career because they became a mom or will become a mom. More kids would spend more time with their mom instead of being in a day care facility.

Paid family leave should be mandatory by law.

Great idea. Are you willing to pay for it?

Yes I am.

In fact I have been sending Planned Parenthood and other organizations that serve women's health care donations since the 1980s.

So not only do I happily support birth control with my tax dollars, I support it with my private donations.

Personally, I don't like abortion and believe the best way to decrease the need for it is with birth control. I wish more of my tax dollars was spent on birth control and education.

Employers should support pregnant women not fire them when they become pregnant.

Cool story. Seeing as it's already illegal to fire someone who gets pregnant, I still don't know what your point is supposed to be.

Even though it's illegal to do it, it happens every day. The employer just doesn't say they're firing the person because of pregnancy. They make up a different excuse.

My point is that if employers and our society supported pregnant women and mothers more women wouldn't have to give up a career because they became a mom or will become a mom. More kids would spend more time with their mom instead of being in a day care facility.

Yes I am.

In fact I have been sending Planned Parenthood and other organizations that serve women's health care donations since the 1980s.

So not only do I happily support birth control with my tax dollars, I support it with my private donations.

Personally, I don't like abortion and believe the best way to decrease the need for it is with birth control. I wish more of my tax dollars was spent on birth control and education.

That's nice and all, but we weren't talking about abortion, we were talking about maternity leave.

IF the liberals and democrats like unions they would run screaming away from such foolishness. Just another nail in the usefulness of Unions coffin. Let the government run every benefit for every worker and they all will suffer and unions will die because they are no longer needed. What in the hell do you think they are dying today? It wasn't Reagan or Republicans it was self inflicted.

Yes I am.

That's nice and all, but we weren't talking about abortion, we were talking about maternity leave.

You asked me if I was willing to pay for birth control. Yes I am.

I'm also willing to pay for family leave.

If we're going to have a successful working population we need to have the tools to make sure that all people are successful.

Yes I am.

If we're going to have a successful working population we need to have the tools to make sure that all people are successful.

No, we weren't even on the subject of birth control, we were on the subject of family leave.

How does paid family leave make anybody more successful? What's wrong with non-paid family leave?

The "tools" you speak of are a financial burden to the employer. He (by law if you had your way) would be forced to pay an employee for not working simply because they decided they wanted a family.

If I want a family, that's my right, but it's my decision as to how I'm going to accommodate that child--not my employers.

Yes I am.

No, we weren't even on the subject of birth control, we were on the subject of family leave.

How does paid family leave make anybody more successful? What's wrong with non-paid family leave?

The "tools" you speak of are a financial burden to the employer. He (by law if you had your way) would be forced to pay an employee for not working simply because they decided they wanted a family.

If I want a family, that's my right, but it's my decision as to how I'm going to accommodate that child--not my employers.
How does family leave make people more successful? This should be obvious, it's proven that workers stay with employers and dedicate more effort when they are given stress free time to bond with their children, this should be common sense. Financial burden? Don't give me that shit, everywhere that it's been required, employers do just fine, literally everywhere, your fear mongering hogwash was used everytime employers lost to labor: The minimum wage, safety regulations, the right to unionize, the right to bathroom breaks...

Yes I am.

How does family leave make people more successful? This should be obvious, it's proven that workers stay with employers and dedicate more effort when they are given stress free time to bond with their children, this should be common sense. Financial burden? Don't give me that shit, everywhere that it's been required, employers do just fine, literally everywhere, your fear mongering hogwash was used everytime employers lost to labor: The minimum wage, safety regulations, the right to unionize, the right to bathroom breaks...

Well if what you say is true, and employees give more effort and stay with employers, why would we need government forcing employers to do this? I mean, if it's "common sense" as you claim, why don't employers have this common sense you speak of?

You obviously must know something employers don't.

What does "white" have to do with it?

And your sentence was inane, you just said greedy white Republican dudes can do charity with other people's money. You are an idiot, Polly

Ha, greedy white Republican dudes are all for that Corporate Welfare stuff. They have no problem helping their greedy white brethren with someone else's money. But God forbid they help out a poor struggling fellow American.

Why don't you just post that you're a fucking retard who parrots politicians, polly, and let it go at that?

You guys never met a Corporate Welfare Tax Break you didn't like. But God forbid you help fellow Americans who actually need the help.

Statistically, Republicans are way more generous to charity than Democrats. Do you know how much Al Gore or even Joe Biden gave to charity before they got busted?

Really??? And yet you've not posted the statistics; or links providing proof of your allegations or any data on Gore or VP Biden.

Of course that'a a genre perfected by members of the crazy right wing, and they do it well 'cause they actually believe BIG LIES.

What would you say if we could show the statistics? Would it make any difference to you? Would you call them a couple of hypocritical skin flints?

BTW, it is true, I can't believe you don't know that

You on the left sure love your entitlements. Where are these entitlements written anyway? Certainly not the US Constitution.

The only entitlement that a potential worker has is to accept the job and terms or decline. That's it.
Everyone loves their entitlements

I love mine, you love yours
And god knows the wealthy love theirs

You don't actually know what "entitlements" are, do you comrade big guy?

Why of course I do

What I get I deserve
What you get is an entitlement

What entitlement do I get? Admit it, you don't even know what that means

It's meaning is simple: "the condition of having a right to have, do, or get something" You've the right to:
  • criticize our government
  • own a gun
  • worship a deity (in your case the dollar)
  • be an asshole
Each of which you seem to do without penalty.

:lmao:

None of those are entitlement programs. You people are so stupid it's hilarious. None of those are even provided to me by government. To suggest they are is why you are the Marxist that you are

You on the left sure love your entitlements. Where are these entitlements written anyway? Certainly not the US Constitution.

The only entitlement that a potential worker has is to accept the job and terms or decline. That's it.
Everyone loves their entitlements

I love mine, you love yours
And god knows the wealthy love theirs

You don't actually know what "entitlements" are, do you comrade big guy?

Why of course I do

What I get I deserve
What you get is an entitlement

What entitlement do I get? Admit it, you don't even know what that means

Do you own a home?
Have kids?
Ever use public schools?

My guess is you live off the public tit but will never admit it....typical libertarian

My guess is you make up shit but will never back it up...typical liberal. Wait, that's not a guess...

Though thanks, comrade big guy, you confirmed my point that you don't know what an entitlement program is

What does "white" have to do with it?

And your sentence was inane, you just said greedy white Republican dudes can do charity with other people's money. You are an idiot, Polly

Ha, greedy white Republican dudes are all for that Corporate Welfare stuff. They have no problem helping their greedy white brethren with someone else's money. But God forbid they help out a poor struggling fellow American.

Why don't you just post that you're a fucking retard who parrots politicians, polly, and let it go at that?

You guys never met a Corporate Welfare Tax Break you didn't like. But God forbid you help fellow Americans who actually need the help.

Statistically, Republicans are way more generous to charity than Democrats. Do you know how much Al Gore or even Joe Biden gave to charity before they got busted?

Really??? And yet you've not posted the statistics; or links providing proof of your allegations or any data on Gore or VP Biden.

Of course that'a a genre perfected by members of the crazy right wing, and they do it well 'cause they actually believe BIG LIES.
For you and whatever fumblehead agreed with your string of Bullshit

Charitable Giving By State: Are Republicans More Generous Than Democrats, Or Just More Religious?

In a new analysis of Internal Revenue Service tax records, the Chronicle of Philanthropy on Monday ranked U.S. cities and states by how much money their residents give to charity. The bottom line? People in red states are more generous with their green.

Charitable Giving By State: Are Republicans More Generous Than Democrats, Or Just More Religious?

In a new analysis of Internal Revenue Service tax records, the Chronicle of Philanthropy on Monday ranked U.S. cities and states by how much money their residents give to charity. The bottom line? People in red states are more generous with their green.

from your cite: A quick look at the interactive map compiled by the Chronical reveals that the “Bible Belt” states such as Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia gave away a higher percentage of their income, while states in the Northeast, Midwest and West Coast gave less.

did you even bother to read it?

from your cite: A quick look at the interactive map compiled by the Chronical reveals that the “Bible Belt” states such as Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia gave away a higher percentage of their income, while states in the Northeast, Midwest and West Coast gave less.

did you even bother to read it?
Yes.
That was my counterpoint to Wry asking for evidence that the "right" donate more than the "left"

[Q

FUCK THE MARKET!

The "Market' is an economic paradigm that is created by the dominant military power...i.e. the U.S. Government. The 'free Market' is a fallacy whereby the government creates a market for the benefit of the best thieves. One of the basic responsibilities of the U.S. government is to provide for the general welfare of the people. Letting the 'Market' determine everything would result in the reinstitution of slavery.

Stupid uneducated low information Libtards thinks that "general welfare" means stealing money from those that earn it and giving free shit to those assholes that are too sorry to earn it themselves and if they put the country into $20 trillion in debt and destroy the economy then so be it.

The only slavery that Americans have nowadays is to the fucking government. A corrupt out of control debt ridden government that steals from the citizens.

Last edited:
How will American Mothers take this? They'll likely enjoy kicking some Republican ass in the coming Election. WTG Republicans. Real smaaaart.

How will American Mothers take this? They'll likely enjoy kicking some Republican ass in the coming Election. WTG Republicans. Real smaaaart.
Leave it to a Paul worshiper to support killing babies

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Yeah, you angry greedy white Republican dudes aren't too bright either. This is just plain dumb. American Mothers will make you pay. Bet on that.

Leave it to a Paul worshiper to support killing babies

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Yeah, you angry greedy white Republican dudes aren't too bright either. This is just plain dumb. American Mothers will make you pay. Bet on that.

Oh whatthefuckever.... make a decision, you can't have a full-time job and stay at home with your children. It just doesn't work that way... geeze you libs are dumb.

Forum List

Back