If I were a Repblican congrescritter

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Quantum Windbag, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Personally, I am going to send this to every Republican in Congress. Join me and make life hard on Obama and Democrats.

The Volokh Conspiracy » If I were a Republican Congressman

2. Peach

Peach Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,965
    Bon Bon beat you to it, he is already plotting to overturn the legislation the lawsuits declined to overturn.

3. Quantum Windbag

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    You object to holding elected officials accountable to their vote?

4. tererun

tererun BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +159
    My question is, and has been why would Romney overturn the mandate? Romney has claimed that the resolutions that are already in effect for Obama care that keep insurance companies from dropping people for getting sick, that requires insurance to be made available for the sick, and that limits costs of insurance are all things he wants to implement even though Obamacare does all of those things. How does Romney plan to pay for all of those costs to the corporate insurance giants without crashing them? His plan in MA was the mandate, AKA tax, he put in place as the only way to up insurance company income to overcome the losses they would get5 in doing these things.

Now, being a Romney fanboy could you tell us anyway aside from taxpayer bailouts that Romney plans on implementing to overcome insurance company costs. We all know romney is the corporate hero of the rich, and that he takes lots of money from the insurance companies to finance his campaigns, and that he is a personal friend of the CEOs that would be directly hurt if he revoked the mandate.

Don't get me wrong, as a person who feels that single payer with an option to pay for improved service if you are rich is the way to go, and eliminating the mandate would crash our present system and force the government to step in to provide healthcare because it is just not profitable for the free market to actually help the sick. It is only profitable to charge the healthy until they get sick. If Romney were to actually turn on his people he would destroy health insurance entirely. It is actually great news if Romney tries to do this. I would just like to know why you think Romney would go against every action he has ever made to follow his word that he always breaks.

5. Greenbeard

Greenbeard Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,323
    The Republicans should maneuver them into voting for legislation specifically calling it a penalty and not a tax. That'll never hold up in court! :)

6. Quantum Windbag

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    The legal expert who insisted that Obamacare is constitutional under the commerce clause speaks.