If Christ was here, which is more likely?

Which would Jesus do?

• Heal the sick

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Vote for government run health care

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Envoking Jesus or or quoting The Bible to push your political agenda is tarded.

Whenever someone starts out their "point" with "Well The Bible says yada, yada, yada" I just roll my eyes and move on.

The problem here is that he is infering more meaning in that passage than is there.. Christ is speaking about the seperation of church and state.. A liberal view.. Something conservatives don't agree with.. Even though Christ does..

Public Prayer & Displays of Faith: And when thou pray, thou shall not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in
the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
But thou, when thou pray, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret…
[Matthew 6:6 & 7]

No more going to church for you!! Well.. It is just another example of how the teachings of Christ are ignored..

Equality & Social Programs: But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed,
because they cannot repay you. You will be repaid at the resurrection of the just. [Luke 14:13 &14.]

And there you have it.. Take care of the sick and the poor.. Not by miracle.. But, since we can't invite 45 million people into your home.. Let the government be your tool to help those in need.. Christ would most certianly approve..

Community: Love your neighbor as yourself. .[Matthew 22:39] So in everything, do to others as you would have them do to you.
[Matthew 7:12.] If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven.
[Matthew 19:21]

A verse against the rich.. And there is more, he speaks out alot against the rich.. Which conservatives should all be against. Seems only liberals got that message.. Do you people even read the bible??

Corporate Greed and the Religion of Wealth: In the temple courts [Jesus] found men selling cattle, sheep and doves and other
sitting at tables exchanging money. So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle;
he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. [John 2:14 & 15.] Watch out! Be on your guard against
all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions. [Luke 12.15.] Truly, I say unto you, it will
be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. [Matthew 19:23] You cannot serve both God and Money. [Matthew 6:24.]

On that note I will leave you to consider your positions.. You may call yourself a christian.. But you have know nothing of Christ's teachings.. :eusa_pray:
no, i know them well
it is you that has shown you dont know them at all, but you pervert them to fit your politics

You keep telling yourself that.. They are all pretty clear and simple to me.. But if you want to deny that Christ helped the sick and the poor.. Then go ahead.. You keep telling yourself that..
yes, and there is a WORLD of difference in YOU taking care of the sick and the poor, and YOU getting the Government to take things from others to take care of the sick and the poor

this is why i can tell you don't have a clue

Envoking Jesus or or quoting The Bible to push your political agenda is tarded.

Whenever someone starts out their "point" with "Well The Bible says yada, yada, yada" I just roll my eyes and move on.

Ok?? Are you aware that this discussion is about Christ?? That kinda makes the bible solely applicable as it is the only source we have for his ideals and philosophies..

When it is a topic about Christ, then what the bible says is all that matters.. The rest is speculation..

Well.. That is if you believe in the bible.. But at least christians can't argue with it.. :eusa_pray:

Ok Devcon.. Then how bout you invite all the sick and poor to your house and YOU feed them and YOU pay for their medical expences.. Does that work for you??

I mean since letting the government do it is a sin or something.. Do you even have the means to handle that many people?? I mean?? We are talking millions here dude.. Can you feed all them and pay their healthcare??

You see dude.. One is realistic and one isn't.. In a nation of 300+ million people, it is unrealistic for 1 person to take care of the sick and the poor.. But with government, it isn't so unrealistic and becomes quite doable.. This is a government for the people and by the people.. So, I am sure Christ would approve.. It is helping the sick and the poor and that is really all he cares about..

But, if you really want to do it all yourself.. No worries.. Just give me your address and I will call all the new stations and start the advertisement of your operation.. Hopefully by christmass you will have 500k of people over.. Better go shopping..

a) Jesus isn't an American citizen

b) he only gets one vote

c) he would most likely tell you to stop arguing and get back to feeding the poor guy next door and leave politics to unbelievers

Ok?? Are you aware that this discussion is about Christ?? That kinda makes the bible solely applicable as it is the only source we have for his ideals and philosophies..

When it is a topic about Christ, then what the bible says is all that matters.. The rest is speculation..

Well.. That is if you believe in the bible.. But at least christians can't argue with it.. :eusa_pray:

Yeah, the discussion is whether Christ would heal the people (and ill expand that to include showing others how to heal people) or support government run health care.

I take it you favor the latter viewpoint?

Well he is not here......so that leaves us with government run healthcare until he arrives. We can put a rider into the healthcare bill which revokes the public option once Jesus comes

wait a minute....you pro UHC people keep saying its NOT going to be Govt run.... is it....or isnt it going to be Govt run....ill give you a few moments to answer this....i know you will have to contact Pelosi so she can tell you what words to use.....

He would shake his head, but then say, 'I visited you during the dark ages and while there is improvement since then, I see you still kill each other over unimportant ideas. I see the seven capital sins are prevalent, and worst of all I see you waste time watching that nonsense on Fox news. Oh, and I'm all for the public option, seems the Christian thing to do.'

so according to this major dipshit...Jesus would be advocating killing each other over the IMPORTANT ideas.....:cuckoo:

Any perfect being would also be able to see that the weak links in a chain make the whole chain weak.

AND if Christ was indeed who he said he was....with him in charge....all these problems we have would be ...memories.....there would be no disease,no poverty,no pollution....all would be right....

Any perfect being would also be able to see that the weak links in a chain make the whole chain weak.

AND if Christ was indeed who he said he was....with him in charge....all these problems we have would be ...memories.....there would be no disease,no poverty,no pollution....all would be right....

Thats what makes the Gospel so beautiful. If we lived it, we would see an end to alot of things. If we could just get two or three generations to live the Gospel. Not just give word to it or ignore it. We would eliminate all STDs for future generations. We would all have food. We would recieve the ministering of angels. It be pretty amazing.

Ok Devcon.. Then how bout you invite all the sick and poor to your house and YOU feed them and YOU pay for their medical expences.. Does that work for you??

I mean since letting the government do it is a sin or something.. Do you even have the means to handle that many people?? I mean?? We are talking millions here dude.. Can you feed all them and pay their healthcare??

You see dude.. One is realistic and one isn't.. In a nation of 300+ million people, it is unrealistic for 1 person to take care of the sick and the poor.. But with government, it isn't so unrealistic and becomes quite doable.. This is a government for the people and by the people.. So, I am sure Christ would approve.. It is helping the sick and the poor and that is really all he cares about..

But, if you really want to do it all yourself.. No worries.. Just give me your address and I will call all the new stations and start the advertisement of your operation.. Hopefully by christmass you will have 500k of people over.. Better go shopping..
more strawmen

Forum List

Back