If China, Russia, France and England got the UN's approval to launch cruise missiles

Dr.Drock

Aug 19, 2009
at the US, would you consider this an act of war?

Ignore whatever potential pretense they used to excuse or rationalize it, would these countries agreeing to and executing the act of launching cruise missiles all over the US would you say it's an act of war?

Its easy to say the situation in Libya is not a war when your sitting in a cozy apartment typing away on a lap top, people would have a much different feeling if they were hiding out in a bomb shelter and China was firing cruise missiles up our assholes.

Considering how we could retaliate I'd say those countries were engaged in an act of utter stupidity.

Act of wars are often, and usually stupid, so would this be an act of war to you as well as being stupid?

Ignore whatever potential pretense they used to excuse or rationalize it, would these countries agreeing to and executing the act of launching cruise missiles all over the US would you say it's an act of war?

as a permanent member of the UN Security Council, I suspect the US would use it's veto power to prevent UN approval.

But if you believe Obama hates America, well....maybe not!

If any group of countries used any fucking pretext (UN, League of Nations, Union of Concerned Dictators, whatever) to lob missiles at us, it would indeed constitute an act of war.

Sending cruise missiles into Libya is also an act of war. One can debate the wisdom (or lack of wisdom) of engaging in the particular acts of war without having to deny that they are acts of war.

Now granted, it may not be an authorized military act of war on our part, but it seems to constitute an act of war all the same. Unless somebody in the Obama Administration is going to go all "1984" on us to explain how the Administration decided to vigorously wage explosive acts of peace ....

as a permanent member of the UN Security Council, I suspect the US would use it's veto power to prevent UN approval.

I think every american bureacrat puts his power, wealth, doing his party's bidding, doing the bidding of lobbies and corporate interests, all ahead of the american middle and lower class. Not just Obama, but he's included in that.

So the UN's approval alone decides whether or not this is an act of war in your view?

I think every american bureacrat puts his power, wealth, doing his party's bidding, doing the bidding of lobbies and corporate interests, all ahead of the american middle and lower class. Not just Obama, but he's included in that.

Pro'ly true, that.

So the UN's approval alone decides whether or not this is an act of war in your view?
No, I think it's clear that there's a war going on in Libya, a civil war in which we are lending tepid support to the side that would otherwise get slaughtered - perhaps allowing them to slaughter with as much acumen as their opponents!

Pro'ly true, that.

No, I think it's clear that there's a war going on in Libya, a civil war in which we are lending tepid support to the side that would otherwise get slaughtered - perhaps allowing them to slaughter with as much acumen as their opponents!

Alright, I wish you'd just included in your post that yes you do view this as an act of war but I guess we don't always get what we wish.

Based on what are you saying that Libya does not consider it an act of war? Actually based on what are you saying that Libya who has murdered Americans in the Middle East, Germany and over the skies of Scotland hasn't been at war with us since before Reagan attacked them in the 80s?

I am against our involvement in this, but this is still a stupid argument.

Yes. And quite likely it will happen one of these days if we aren't careful.

Bring it on. Personally, I'm all for an American foreign policy of Isolation and Nationalism, where we have 3-4 nuclear warheads aimed at every single national capital on the globe, with the express message having been sent that ANY foreign interference in the United States' domestic interests by anyone outside the US (government related or not) will result in the elimination of that group/individual's home country's capital under a nuclear mushroom cloud within hours, pre-emtively and without warning.

Based on what are you saying that Libya does not consider it an act of war? Actually based on what are you saying that Libya who has murdered Americans in the Middle East, Germany and over the skies of Scotland hasn't been at war with us since before Reagan attacked them in the 80s?

I am against our involvement in this, but this is still a stupid argument.

Based on what I'm saying is people are telling me it's not an act of war because it's happening to Libya, but I'm quite confident if the same thing were happening to us it would be viewed differently despite being the exact same action.

In the 80's we murdered Iranians by gunning down a passenger plane, would that event make us deserving in 2011 of having our country have dozens of cruise missiles launched onto our soil?

Yes. And quite likely it will happen one of these days if we aren't careful.

Bring it on. Personally, I'm all for an American foreign policy of Isolation and Nationalism, where we have 3-4 nuclear warheads aimed at every single national capital on the globe, with the express message having been sent that ANY foreign interference in the United States' domestic interests by anyone outside the US (government related or not) will result in the elimination of that group/individual's home country's capital under a nuclear mushroom cloud within hours, pre-emtively and without warning.

I would bet that we already have that or something similar or it could be arranged very easily.

can't ignore the situation....

IF our gvt turned tyrannical and was killing uscitizens by using the military against us....

I WOULD PRAY AND HOPE the UN would come to our rescue!:eusa_pray:

IF our gvt turned tyrannical and was killing uscitizens by using the military against us....

You're implying that all acts of war are bad.

An act of war can be for good reasons, so would this be an act of war?

context dumb ass . is the government killing it people ?

First of all the USA would veto any such UNSC resolution (The Security Councel has the power not the General Assembly). However, I would consider it an act of war if any one of those nations, singularly or collectively attacked up with any missile, bomb or other simular destructive method for any reason whatsoever.

You're implying that all acts of war are bad.

An act of war can be for good reasons, so would this be an act of war?

i honestly don't know....

i have swayed on this more than a Palm tree in a cat 5 hurricane....i'm not the right person for you to ask..... :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back