If anyone's interested in the actual facts of the Uranium deal, I thought this a good article

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Dog House in back yard
And not to comment on the ethics, or lack of ethics, or the illegality ..... no reputable source has said US defense was ever compromised, and the Russians were after uranium ore formerly in the Soviet Union. Just to keep the hysteria at bay. LOL

FBI uncovered Russian bribery plot before Obama administration approved controversial nuclear deal with Moscow

to me, this is the salient point, and pretty indefensible

"The Obama administration and the Clintons defended their actions at the time, insisting there was no evidence that any Russians or donors engaged in wrongdoing and there was no national security reason for any member of the committee to oppose the Uranium One deal."

But again the whole Clinton problem is you can never prove a quid pro quo. And I suspect that may be true for Trump too.

They don't call her Crooked Hillary for nothing

We all know that Obama hates America, but Hillary too?

This repeatedly mentions Putin's (or Russia's) interest in commercial nuclear power in the U.S.

I don't get it. Nuclear power is dying a slow, painful death in the U.S., with no recovery in sight, especially with Soetoro in office. What, exactly, did the Russians hope to gain or accomplish with these bribes?

Technically, there is no shortage of nuclear material, either for commercial nuclear power or for bombs. Indeed, the technology exists to re-process nuclear fuels and re-use them indefinitely. President Carter shut down a facility that was built to do just that, because he was concerned that the technology could also be used to make bomb material. But the same principle applies to spent nuclear fuel. We simply store it, but we could re-process it and we choose not to do that. Surely the Russkies have a mountain of nuclear material remaining from the thousands of nuclear warheads that they supposedly decommissioned in accordance with treaties.

Westinghouse Electric - currently working its way out of bankruptcy - has a profitable nuclear fuels division, but there is no indication that it is threatened by the Russians. I don't get it.

This repeatedly mentions Putin's (or Russia's) interest in commercial nuclear power in the U.S.

I don't get it. Nuclear power is dying a slow, painful death in the U.S., with no recovery in sight, especially with Soetoro in office. What, exactly, did the Russians hope to gain or accomplish with these bribes?

Technically, there is no shortage of nuclear material, either for commercial nuclear power or for bombs. Indeed, the technology exists to re-process nuclear fuels and re-use them indefinitely. President Carter shut down a facility that was built to do just that, because he was concerned that the technology could also be used to make bomb material. But the same principle applies to spent nuclear fuel. We simply store it, but we could re-process it and we choose not to do that. Surely the Russkies have a mountain of nuclear material remaining from the thousands of nuclear warheads that they supposedly decommissioned in accordance with treaties.

Westinghouse Electric - currently working its way out of bankruptcy - has a profitable nuclear fuels division, but there is no indication that it is threatened by the Russians. I don't get it.

Making a fortune. Have you ever been to Uranium One's website?

Thank you. That's been what I don't understand either. Russia doesn't really lack uranium ore. This was one stinking company. There are lots of energy companies. And lots of mines.

The only thing that makes sense to me was this was about an American/Western multi-national owning some mine is one of the former Soviet states of somethingstan.

Not to say there isn't a stench all over the Clintons.

And not to comment on the ethics, or lack of ethics, or the illegality ..... no reputable source has said US defense was ever compromised, and the Russians were after uranium ore formerly in the Soviet Union. Just to keep the hysteria at bay. LOL

FBI uncovered Russian bribery plot before Obama administration approved controversial nuclear deal with Moscow

"The Obama administration and the Clintons defended their actions at the time, insisting there was no evidence that any Russians or donors engaged in wrongdoing and there was no national security reason for any member of the committee to oppose the Uranium One deal."

But again the whole Clinton problem is you can never prove a quid pro quo. And I suspect that may be true for Trump too.
And Congress was never notified of the plot.

I wonder why....

I don't see where this salient point comes, unless it's just more Clinton Derangement Syndrome.

Excerpt from article
By that time, the criminal cases against Mikerin had been narrowed to a single charge of money laundering for a scheme that officials admitted stretched from 2004 to 2014. And though agents had evidence of criminal wrongdoing they collected since at least 2009, federal prosecutors only cited in the plea agreement a handful of transactions that occurred in 2011 and 2012, well after the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States’s approval.

And a question; Under the guidelines of the deal, can uranium mined in America be exported to any other country?

Thank you. That's been what I don't understand either. Russia doesn't really lack uranium ore. This was one stinking company. There are lots of energy companies. And lots of mines.

The only thing that makes sense to me was this was about an American/Western multi-national owning some mine is one of the former Soviet states of somethingstan.

Not to say there isn't a stench all over the Clintons.

Uranium One is making a fortune world wide. How do you not see the bigger picture?

"Uranium One Inc. is a Canada-based uranium producing company.

The Company, along with its subsidiaries, is engaged in the acquisition, exploration and development of properties for the production of uranium in Kazakhstan, the United States, Tanzania and Australia. Kazakhstan, Uranium One has a 70% interest in the Betpak Dala joint venture which owns the Akdala Mine and the South Inkai Mine.

The Company also owns a 50% interest in the Karatau joint venture, which owns the Karatau Mine, and a 30% interest in the Kyzylkum joint venture, which owns the Kharasan Project. Uranium One acquired a 50% interest in the Akbastau joint venture, which owns the Akbastau Mine, as well as a 49.67% interest in the Zarechnoye joint venture which owns the Zarechnoye Mine and the South Zarechnoye Project.

It owns 100% of the Willow Creek Project and has development projects in the Powder River and Great Divide Basins in Wyoming. In Australia, it owns a 100% interest in the Honeymoon Uranium Project."

Uranium One Inc: TSE:UUU quotes & news – Google Finance

The excuses promulgated in the media are way off the mark. They focus on the "fact" that domestic uranium can't "easily" be exported. Therefore there was no strategic threat. But there is a VERY clear threat when you help a potential adversary by giving them production control of any natural resource or asset. That's why there it a CFIUS committee.

And HERE -- the threat was that the Russians were known to be in the process of locking up Uranium production worldwide. With all the bribes and extortion mentioned in your article. The danger is NOT export -- but having the ability to LIMIT production in any one place by neglect or ruse in order to control World supply and pricing.

With the assets they were acquiring in Uzbek and Kazahk stans -- they already had enough of the production to humble us should we choose to expand USE of that uranium. They could force pricing/supply on countries that import most of their uranium..

I don't see where this salient point comes, unless it's just more Clinton Derangement Syndrome.

Excerpt from article
By that time, the criminal cases against Mikerin had been narrowed to a single charge of money laundering for a scheme that officials admitted stretched from 2004 to 2014. And though agents had evidence of criminal wrongdoing they collected since at least 2009, federal prosecutors only cited in the plea agreement a handful of transactions that occurred in 2011 and 2012, well after the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States’s approval.

And a question; Under the guidelines of the deal, can uranium mined in America be exported to any other country?

I pulled up a PDF the other day to check this out and they are exporting to Blind River in Canada I think it was.

"The first decision occurred in October 2010, when the State Department and government agencies on the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States unanimously approved the partial sale of Canadian mining company Uranium One to the Russian nuclear giant Rosatom, giving Moscow control of more than 20 percent of America’s uranium supply."

"Multiple current and former government officials told The Hill they did not know whether the FBI or DOJ ever alerted committee members to the criminal activity they uncovered."

First, that 20% of America's supply is actually 20% of our mining capacity. Which represents 4% of the amount of uranium we use in a given year. By control they mean they can mine it and sell it here.

The bribes and kickbacks sounds like typical corruption schemes Russia has pulled off all over the world to enrich Putin and pals. Lets see if the new witness can ties any of it to the Clinton's.

If everything is above board by the Obama administration, then why use a gag order? Have you heard the lawyer of the informant? She said, and I quote, "President Obama was informed of the dealings in his daily brief!"

This person has VERIFIABLE PROOF, which means that unless Rosenstein and Muehller can prove they notified congress, they are cooked. And then, if they DID notify congress, who did they notify IN congress? If you were a betting person, and since these two were in a Democratic administration, do you think it was MORE, or LESS likely, they notified DEMOCRATIC members-)

The bottomline is-----------> is it LEGAL to marry your 2nd or 3rd cousin? Yes, or maybe it is 4th, I dunno the exact law. But what happens if you decide to run for office (from either party) and the opposition clandestinely brings it up, meaning it gets out? How many votes does that cost you?

This, and the other 2 legs of the stool soon coming on what is actually going on in the DNC, will be enough to STOP them easily, EVERYWHERE, but the darkest of blue states, even if it is claimed as LEGAL!

If everything is above board by the Obama administration, then why use a gag order? Have you heard the lawyer of the informant? She said, and I quote, "President Obama was informed of the dealings in his daily brief!"

This person has VERIFIABLE PROOF, which means that unless Rosenstein and Muehller can prove they notified congress, they are cooked. And then, if they DID notify congress, who did they notify IN congress? If you were a betting person, and since these two were in a Democratic administration, do you think it was MORE, or LESS likely, they notified DEMOCRATIC members-)

The bottomline is-----------> is it LEGAL to marry your 2nd or 3rd cousin? Yes, or maybe it is 4th, I dunno the exact law. But what happens if you decide to run for office (from either party) and the opposition clandestinely brings it up, meaning it gets out? How many votes does that cost you?

This, and the other 2 legs of the stool soon coming on what is actually going on in the DNC, will be enough to STOP them easily, EVERYWHERE, but the darkest of blue states, even if it is claimed as LEGAL!

Why don't you post when you actually have something real to post about. Conservative conspiracy canards are just boring repetitive crap.

By the way nuclear energy is clean energy.The Russians want to really corner the market on nuclear energy. I don't get why people don't understand this. This is not about shipping uranium to rogue states.

Its about mega $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in the energy market.

Why don't you post when you actually have something real to post about. Conservative conspiracy canards are just boring repetitive crap.

LOL, we have a witness, and they are going to testify. What you got-) You got nothing, but a loss coming in 18. You just are to dumb to figure it out yet-)

Toensing is the informant's lawyer and she is to be feared. I love her to death. She's really kickass. Ditto her husband.

Even looking at it in the worst light for the Obama administration, they failed to notify legislators and others looking at the sale of Uranium One of other bribery/extortion/etc charges pending against Russian actors.

That's neither illegal nor the call of the DOJ or FBI. Apparently they actually prosecuted someone. LOL

Not to defend the administration for approving the sale. It shouldn't have been approved imo

The FBI informant is so solid that his testimony imprisoned those that were involved in the bribery and the racketeering. You need to get up to speed. It's very real. This man is dangerous. YAY!

"His work helped the Justice Department secure convictions against Russia’s top commercial nuclear executive in the United States, a Russian financier in New Jersey, and the head of a U.S. uranium trucking company in what prosecutors said was a long-running racketeering scheme involving bribery, kickbacks, extortion and money laundering.

But the informant was unable to provide answers to lawmakers’ recent inquiries because he had signed a nondisclosure agreement with the bureau. He also was forced by the Justice Department in 2016 to withdraw a lawsuit that threatened to call attention to the case during last year’s presidential election."

Clinton campaign, DNC paid for research that led to Russia dossier

Forum List

Back