If an Islamic terrorist group nukes a U.S. city, then what?

U.N. involvement? For what purpose?

Use of our nukes in response? Why do we have them if not for times like this?

Round up all Islamics within U.S. borders? Nah.....leave them spread out with the general populace so that if we get nuked again a lot of them would die along side the rest of us.

Military invasion to ferret out every last member of the group while trying to avoid damage to "innocent" civilians not part of the group?Bad time to be a civilian living close to a terrorist group don't you think?

Fold up and cry?Nope....that would only be the progressives crying because their theory of appeasement didn't work.

Forbid the religion of Islam within our borders? Regardless of what I think, I would say probably not.....pesky little thing called the Constitution gets in the way of common sense at times.

Build and man a border fence?Nope. Just keep trying to engage the enemy on their soil.

Signal Osama we'll now negotiate? Now you really are reaching and sounding very John Kerryish!

Declare martial law? For a period of time perhaps.

Pass Patriot Act III? Can't say unless you tell me what it contains that the others don't.

Please "check all that apply", and please add your own suggestions.

Remember, a few million Americans just got incinerated in about half a second. What do we do?

There are times when all the grandchildren are running through the house playing loud and rough and sometimes something gets knocked over and breaks. When that happens I have absolutely no problem getting their attention and showing them the consequences of their actions. The severity of their consequence is linked very closely with the severity of the action. Needless to say, they learn fast and very rarely do I have to state my case twice.

I'm sure that we, the United States, will do whatever it takes to get the attention of those who aided and abetted this crime and I'm sure the consequences will be proportional. If it should happen it means that talking, negotiating, sanctions and all other forms of working it out have failed. It will be time to show the world that we can only be pushed so far and then all bets are off.

Your argument is dishonest from the beginning. NOTHING will EVER stop terrorism as long as there are disgruntled morons who are willing to use terror as a weapon. Since realistically, there will ALWAYS be disgtruntled morons who are willing to use terror as a weapon, then realisitically, all we can do is kill as many of them as we can to keep their threat minimized.

Giving in to them will do nothing but embolden them to further acts of terrorism. Why abandon a strategy that works?

If killing terrorists motivates others to fill their spaces, then they need to be killed too.

Simple analogy: When I see a snake, I kill it. Snakes do not negotiate. They strike, period. If I walk away and let the snake go, maybe it bites my dog or next door neighbor later. In layman's terms, that's somebody else getting hurt for turning a blind eye to a threat.

You want to sit around and talk and talk and talk about finding some "better" method of combatting terrorism while they just carry on carrying on until they're in your back yard interrupting your "talk."

Killing them works fine. For every dead terrorist, there is one more terrorist that will never murder another person.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GunnyL again.:clap: :clap:

This hypothetical question about nuking a city in the United States is born out of fear.

Junior and Cheney are cowards through and through. Their speech is the speech of a coward, their foreign policy is the policy of a coward. How can we as a nation be led by cowards ie Junior and Cheney and all the while sing that we are the home of the brave and land of the free? note that we are giving up liberties in the name of cowardice.

This nuke scare goes as far back as the early 1950's. And what do you know, the 1950's was dominated by Conservatives. For just a short while we became brave again, until Raygun returned and restored the evil boogeyman once more. But the boogeyman fell. Not to worry, Junior and Cheney will take care of that. They will restore the boogeyman and give it a new name, that name being "terrorists," even though terrorists doesn't have a definition.

Given how difficult it is to make a nuke, hey if it was that easy, every nation would have one, in fact it would be in aisle five at your local wally world aka Walmart. But not every nation has a nuke and don't even think for a moment that it's because not everyone wants a nuke.

The only people whom have a legitimate concern is the people of Iran. They are in more danger of being nuked than we are. Junior and Cheney are looking for any scrap of an excuse to set one off. Perhaps catching a boy in Tehran with a slingshot will be just the excuse the cowards in the White House needs to nuke the city. We can just hear Fox news, "Fox news brings you this special alert, boy with slingshot could have taken our eye out said Junior, therefore we needed to nuke Tehran. Stay tuned."

Hey there GW......are you trying to preach that there is no reason to fear?

I suppose you have the answer then?

Go to Israel. Ask an Israeli citizen if fighting fire with fire has stopped terror on their soil over the past fifty years.

Stick to insults...you don't seem to know much about world politics either;)

Well, actually it has. Egypt wound up signing a peace treaty with them after being trounced. Many other countries quit trying to fight them. PLO has given up, you want more examples?

Hey there GW......are you trying to preach that there is no reason to fear?

No, if you compare the leadership of the Second World War with the leadership of today, you will note a night and day difference.

Pearl Harbor was bombed backed then but the leadership at that time didn't work night and day to scare the people, the leadership told the people there was nothing to fear. They were a warrior class.

Today, the leadership is a chicken class, the boogeyman is under your bed, that sort of talk is what is going on.

No, if you compare the leadership of the Second World War with the leadership of today, you will note a night and day difference.

Pearl Harbor was bombed backed then but the leadership at that time didn't work night and day to scare the people, the leadership told the people there was nothing to fear. They were a warrior class.

Today, the leadership is a chicken class, the boogeyman is under your bed, that sort of talk is what is going on.

Thank God the kook left was not fighting WWII

Gee Whiz, haven't you ever seen the posters from WWII about loose lips and all that? Seriously, both reactions are reflections of their time and place. FDR was well into his 2nd term when Pearl Harbor happened, most people hadn't a clue to where it was; they just knew that 'we' had been attacked. The war had been coming, the people didn't want it-but slowly they had been convinced, sooner or later it was coming. So it came.

They took government at face value. FDR asked for and got the authorization for attacking Japan; Hitler just did the administration a favor and declared war on US. FDR was able to immediately start calling up all able bodied men of a certain age. People started buying bonds, saving tin, and for the most part, going along with rationing.

While the warnings and attacks from the Islamofascists had been growing for over 20 years, the people were not really made to face the threat. The attacks were mostly on our interests and military overseas. The first WTC attack seemed to play to the idea the enemy was ineffective and even our building were too strong. We pulled out of Beirut; lobbed missiles a few places, lamenting that some cleaning people would probably be killed. We were not serious.

9/11 occurred early in a first term administration. The enormity of destruction in terms of death, economic costs, and fear forced some joining together in the face of the enemy, but right from the getgo it was obvious to anyone that really pays attention that many of our 'allies' were anything but; that many on the 'left' in our country were biding their time to argue for the 'freedom fighters', if it would damage the administration; that the problem with Islamic extremism was much more widespread than even the most cynical had feared.

To 'declare war' has become impossible for our country. I think there are a myriad of reasons for it: post WWII precedents; UN; political correctness; political price to pay-the legislature likes that the executive branch bears the price for failure, but through 'bi-partisan' action, they can claim their piece if it goes well.

I may be all off here. I do not underestimate the ability of US and allies to make excuses and interim excuses for war. On the other hand...

In the end game, back against the wall; kill or die; we might yet be surprised. I certainly hope so.

I don't know, but I'm thinking if it's allowed to come to that in the first place, then it's game over for us. ?

I don't know, but I'm thinking if it's allowed to come to that in the first place, then it's game over for us. ?

I don't know, it seems where we are going to go though. You and I would choose a different route, but seems we are in the minority.

...While the warnings and attacks from the Islamofascists had been growing for over 20 years..

The threats from terrorists goes very far back and has been around for several decades. There were two sets of people that testified before Congress in the mid 90's one of the sets, which we will call the experts, warned Congress that the terrorists are on a learning curve making meaning the terrorists will become more dangerous as the years goes on. The other set were members of the PNAC, there input was to convince Congress to go imperialism.

The two sets were not on the same plane. The set that ended up controlling the White House is the PNAC, not the experts. We ended up going into a war with Iraq which had zero to do with 911 but was a target for PNAC imperialism.

I have read the transcripts between the two sets, what is shocking is the Republican controlled Legislative Branch opted for the imperialism over protection for the people of America. The experts were up against deaf ears.The fear rhetoric is nothing more than a con job to get the people to going along with this imperialism policy.

The threats from terrorists goes very far back and has been around for several decades. There were two sets of people that testified before Congress in the mid 90's one of the sets, which we will call the experts, warned Congress that the terrorists are on a learning curve making meaning the terrorists will become more dangerous as the years goes on. The other set were members of the PNAC, there input was to convince Congress to go imperialism.

The two sets were not on the same plane. The set that ended up controlling the White House is the PNAC, not the experts. We ended up going into a war with Iraq which had zero to do with 911 but was a target for PNAC imperialism.

I have read the transcripts between the two sets, what is shocking is the Republican controlled Legislative Branch opted for the imperialism over protection for the people of America. The experts were up against deaf ears.The fear rhetoric is nothing more than a con job to get the people to going along with this imperialism policy.

Whoa, whiplash with that diversion from WWII to WOT. Perhaps you meant to start a new thread? In the meantime, what about the topic you had already brought up?

Whoa, whiplash with that diversion from WWII to WOT. Perhaps you meant to start a new thread? In the meantime, what about the topic you had already brought up?

The topic is basically that of the use and abuse of propaganda if you want to really get down to it.

The propaganda today is one of using fear to con the people into going along with current policies.

The learning curve of the people is going in the direction of realizing that the war in Iraq is not related to the real issue which is Terrorism. This creates a propaganda problem for the current administration.

The topic is basically that of the use and abuse of propaganda if you want to really get down to it.

The propaganda today is one of using fear to con the people into going along with current policies.

The learning curve of the people is going in the direction of realizing that the war in Iraq is not related to the real issue which is Terrorism. This creates a propaganda problem for the current administration.

Gee, I thought it was a comparison between the administrations' responses to two wars? :dunno: It's all becoming clear now, you just wish to bash Bush, no need to try for anything else.

After 9-11 libs bellowed the government should have told the people about the threats.

Now when the government tells us about the threats, libs bellow how the government is trying to scare people

Scaring people is the libs way of winning votes. Al Bore screaming how people will die from Bush's enviromental policies; or libs ranting how Republicans will throw old people out of nursing homes; or how Republicans will starve children.

Gee, I thought it was a comparison between the administrations' responses to two wars? :dunno: It's all becoming clear now, you just wish to bash Bush, no need to try for anything else.

Where in the hell do you draw this conclusion?

I see what this fear mongering of the current administration for what it is, a propaganda ploy to drag the people into going along with imperalism disguised as a fight against terrorism.

So I caught onto Junior's lie about how the war in Iraq is supposed to related to a fight against terrorism and you call that Bush Bashing.

Isn't there any Junior policy an American can disagree with without being labled a Bush Basher? the answer is obviously NO! This cannot but lead one to conclude that Bushbots never learn.

I see what this fear mongering of the current administration for what it is, a propaganda ploy to drag the people into going along with imperalism disguised as a fight against terrorism.

So I caught onto Junior's lie about how the war in Iraq is supposed to related to a fight against terrorism and you call that Bush Bashing.

Isn't there any Junior policy an American can disagree with without being labled a Bush Basher? the answer is obviously NO! This cannot but lead one to conclude that Bushbots never learn.

The MoveOn.org nuts have taken over the Democrat party. JFK, Truman, and FDR are spinning in their graves

I don't know if you had parents, grandparents or some relatives that lived through WW2, but your assumption that fear of attack was not prevalent, because FDR's administration was of a different mindset is way off.

My parents lived in the S.F. Bay area of California during WW2, and both my parents shared with me how frightened folks were. Japanese subs roamed the West coast at will back in the early stages of the war. In fact a few oil tankers were sunk off the Oregon coast by Japanese subs. One such sub actually surfaced off of Long Beach and proceeded to shell the coast line.

My parents as well as all the other folks in the Bay area had to use special headligh covers on their automobiles, to keep the lights from being easily spotted by potential Japanese Bomber planes. They had to use black-out shades on their homes at night so that the lights from their residences didn't get spotted by enemy bombers too.

My father worked in war related industry right near where SFO Air port is, building war ships for the war effort.

One day my father along with thousands of other ship builder/workers were rounded-up by the U.S. Army unexpectedly and all put on buses under armed rifle-point guard and transported up into those barren mountains above South San Francisco. They stayed all stayed up their in those buses under guard by the arm for a few hours. Finally they were all busee back down to the ship building yards in Brisbane(between S.F. and South S.F.) and were released to start working on their ships again.

You know what had happened? It was that sub in Long beach that shelled the shoreline that brought that on.

Were we scared back then. You bet! People on the West coast of the U.S. were absolutely petrified/worried about an unexpected invasion by the Japanese Imperial Navy fleet. To this day, there are still remnants of the old artillery implacements guarding the entrance into the Golden Gate.

People were told by the government to be wary of suspicious acting people, and to be watchful of aircraft, and to report any and all things.

Foods were rationed for the war effort. My folks had ration coupons for foods, and gasoline. Everyone who was sane had some amount of fear.

After the unexpected attack on Pearl Harbor, our country didn't know where the Japanese Imperial fleet had sailed. We didn't know if the West Coast(California, Oregon, Washington) was their next target/objective. We had a few aircraft that patrolled the Pacific coast line, but it wasn't very effective against submarines and we really didn't have the military hardware to stop an all-out invasion. We were really vunerable. We didn't know the total intensions of the Japanese. We didn't know that they were just attempting to cripple our Naval presence in the Pacific so that they could take the Phillipines, and other strategic American interests in the Central and Eastern Pacific.
Now getting back to nowadays..............You are so way off in saying that this administration is not doing similarly to the WW2 administration of FDR. There were plenty of posters, radio messages, and newspaper messages reminding main-land Americans that the danger of invasion was real or possible imminent.
Every heard of Dutch Harbor, Alaska. We lost many G.I.'s up there pushing the Japanese off that piece of land as well as some others on the American Alleutian island chain.

Our government infact kept the Japanese siezure of Dutch Harbor, Alaska insulated from the American people. Very few Americans know that our very mainland was occupied by the Japanese for a short duration during WW2.

Very bloody ground and air battles were fought on the Alaska coastline to rout the Japanese army. In fact one Japanese contingent of several thousand soldiers actually refused to surrender and committed suicide. Only less than 20 Japanese prisoners were taken out of thousands of enemy combatants!
Japan launched high altitude ballons from their country that floated clear across the pacific on the prevailing jet-stream toward N America. These balloons were armed with incendiaries/bombs that were timed to drop on our forest lands throughout Oregon, Washington, California and on-Eastward into the Idaho/Montana......and farther if possible. One such balloon actually reached all the way to Minnesota!

These balloons were intended to cause widespread forest fires all over the Northwest and North central U.S. to basically overwhelm us with economic and man power drain.

Fortunately these balloons didn't work too well, but they did claim the life of some Oregonians that were picnicing. Once-such balloon and it's contents were found by a picnicing family, and ended up exploding when it was touched/handled. It killed some children, I believe.

People had good reason to be scared, and nowadays, people have good reason to be scared as many thousand Arabic speaking folks are being picked up crossing our Southern border with Mexico. Law inforcement and Border agents are catching people of Middle East decent that have been learning rudimentary Spanish in order blend in with the Mexican border jumpers. These middle eastern border jumpers are usually hiring Coyotes that are professionally armed too. They are paying $20,000.00 to upwards of $70,000.00 to be ferried across the Southwest U.S. border by heavily armed guards.

One such law inforcement officer, on cable news showed a jacket left by a border jumper, that had embroidered patches with pictures of an airplaine hitting the twin towers, and another with the lion's logo that is Al Queda.

The border law inforcement folks say that Hezbollah, and other cells are definitely in our country. This didn't start with GWB attacking Iraq either. This has going on before his administration. It is an ongoing thing that spans many years.........We do have a good reason to be fearful. We should have an administration that keeps us informed of danger, and potential danger. We need to be vigilant.
You can't live in denial, and also play politics because you don't like GWB, when it comes to war against your nation.

When WW2 happened, the American people pretty much dropped politics and just plain got behind their President. This new war is not battle ships lobbing 16" shells, or Zero's bombing us or armed soldiers jumping out of land crafts on the shores of our beaches..........yet it's just as dangerous, as it's insidious, and being waged slowly, and stealthily from withing and from without.

Look what Timothy Levey did.........from within........but now we have cells of his type, in our country..............who see death of innocent American adults, and children as a means to be glorified with their twisted God..........and their selfish carnal desires to have perpetual sex with multitudes of virgins.

Fear stimulates people to be careful, and also rattles a nation into reality; a reality that is long-over due for the U.S..

The "hell no, I won't go", and "make love not war" attitude has brought the U.S. to a place where it's left open to ridicule, and disgracing treatment from many nations.

In some ways, the Muslim religion sees the U.S. as a melting pot of non ethics and crumbling morals. Just look at our movies, the proliferation of pornagraphy on the internet, etc. In some ways we have just fueled their twisted, pharisitical anger towards us.

Understand that our country's moral, ethical breakdown does not give any entity the right to bring death of innocents upon us, but we do have a responsibility as a nation to project ourselves as a moral/ethical beacon to the world if we are going to keep and earn our right to be a super power that intervenes in the world in a humanitarian vain.

I believe that GWB not only is doing what he believes will protect our country from terrorism, but also is attempting to project and renew an interest in our citizenry in an ethical/moral vain too.

I don't agree with his border protection policies, but I believe that he's more correct in his policies than he's incorrect.

We need to support our country in this very unsure, and trying time.:salute:

Read some of my posts, I'm not a 'bushbot', quite far from it indeed. You on the other hand are just a puppet, or so it seems from what you've posted so far.

Oh, where I got 'it':

gee whiz said:

Great post Eightball, its a shame that the scope, and underlying worth of such a post will be lost on the likes of gee wizz, and other terribly confused individuals that inhabit this nation.

I belive most, who profess as does gee wizz, do so only to play the devils advocate.

History will prove, once again, that right has the might, and we shall overcome.

:clap:

Forum List

Back