I Wonder What The Unions Would Do

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
If the taxpayers of Wisconsin went on strike and refused to pay taxes? End of public unions doyathink? They should do it. See how that works out.They need to rid themselves of these thugs one way or another.

If the taxpayers of Wisconsin went on strike and refused to pay taxes? End of public unions doyathink? They should do it. See how that works out.They need to rid themselves of these thugs one way or another.

Now that would be funny.

The thing is the regular people who don't pay their taxes would be held criminally responsible for NOT paying their taxes.

But i love the idea!

They wouldn't CARE. Just like they

don't care what their STRIKES do to us. It's ALL about them, the sooner people wake up and REALIZE THIS, the better

could those same people do that to protest Walker's tax breaks to corporations?

I mean hey, if folks in WI think teachers, firemen and police officers are overpaid they can make a blanket statement.

Want to pay the road crews less? What wage scale do you think they should be on?

Parks and Rec employees could probably be paid less. I think I saw $10 an hour for starting wages in MO last time I looked. Sure there are some ridiculous benefits someplace though.

Who else was represented by the unions you would like to give pay cuts to?

Rule #13 of doing things: don't do spiteful things that will only fuck you over more than those you spite.

Delinquent Tax Frequently Asked Questions - Wisconsin Department of Revenue

I received a Notice of Informal Hearing. What does it mean?

A Notice of Informal Hearing is a collection notice which may be issued when a taxpayer has not voluntarily made payment arrangements to satisfy a delinquent tax liability. It is sent by the revenue agent assigned to collect the outstanding balance. Its primary purpose is to initiate direct contact with the taxpayer to resolve the account and provide the taxpayer with a specific person or office to contact.

This hearing is not held in a court of law in front of a judge or other elected or appointed official. In most instances, the only participants are the taxpayer and the revenue agent assigned to the account. It is intended to provide the taxpayer with a method to resolve the liability before enforced collection action is taken.

What is a bank levy?

A bank levy is an administrative action taken by the Department of Revenue to collect delinquent tax. When a person has not taken steps to voluntarily resolve a tax debt, the Department of Revenue can send a notice to the person's financial institution to attach to all money in any accounts the person has access to. The Department of Revenue will be entitled to receive up to the amount indicated on the levy notice.

How long will this levy stay in place?
The department's levies are a single action. They allow us to take only the amount in the accounts at the time the financial institution receives the levy. If the accounts do not have sufficient funds to pay the amount listed in full, the Department of Revenue would need to issue another levy to attach to amounts deposited after the bank received the first levy.

What is a tax warrant and when does the department file a tax warrant?

A tax warrant acts as a lien against real property you own in the county in which it is filed, and against your personal property. The warrant is filed with the Clerk of Court and is a public record of the amount you owe. It could affect your ability to obtain credit or sell real estate. The cost of filing and satisfying the warrant will be added to the delinquent tax account at the time the warrant is filed. Currently the cost is $10.

The department may file a tax warrant after a tax bill is not paid in full by the due date of the bill.

What is a partial release of warrant?

A partial release of warrant may be issued by the Department of Revenue when an asset is sold and it is clear that the proceeds from the sale are insufficient to satisfy prior judgments and our warrant. The partial release removes our warrant only from the specific piece of real estate or personal property that was sold. You may request a partial release of warrant from the nearest Department of Revenue office or by calling the Madison office at (608) 266-7879.

don't care what their STRIKES do to us. It's ALL about them, the sooner people wake up and REALIZE THIS, the better

I mean hey, if folks in WI think teachers, firemen and police officers are overpaid they can make a blanket statement.

Want to pay the road crews less? What wage scale do you think they should be on?

Parks and Rec employees could probably be paid less. I think I saw $10 an hour for starting wages in MO last time I looked. Sure there are some ridiculous benefits someplace though.

I would love to see what Stephanie thinks "THEY" should be paid.

Well lets look at your big BS willow, the fact is that teachers are education students for 9000/11000 according to most of you. But did you know that the cost was 5000+ in 1970, which becomes 27,000 in 2009 dollars, so I guess they have been doing their job well while only using 2/5ths of what they should be using.

I think most of you goof balls on the right should just pull your kids out and educate them at home because your much smarter than the teachers are.

you must really hate those teachers at the school you work at, or are very very envious of them....??? all of your comments are so deep down personal attacks...

What's up with that stephanie? Are all the teachers in your school pieces of crap?

or is this really envy?

Sheeeeeezuz... all this "you hate teachers" hyperbole is ridiculous. It's isn't about teachers, or road crews, or fireman or cops... it's about TAX PAYERS PAYING THEIR BENEFITS, and STATES BEING BROKE AND NOT ABLE TO PAY THEM ANYMORE. My God people, WAKE THE HELL UP!! Just WHAT PART about STATES AND THE FED IS BROKE don't you goddamn people GET??!! FUCK!!

you must really hate those teachers at the school you work at, or are very very envious of them....??? all of your comments are so deep down personal attacks...

What's up with that stephanie? Are all the teachers in your school pieces of crap?

or is this really envy?

what does this have anything to do with this thread?
And the rest of your silly post I will just ignore, thanks for playing though.

Last edited:
What would the unions do? Well, I guess (and I use a direct quote from Andy Stern, President SEIU), they'd 'use the persuasion of power'. In short, thuggery, to get their own way.

Sheeeeeezuz... all this "you hate teachers" hyperbole is ridiculous. It's isn't about teachers, or road crews, or fireman or cops... it's about TAX PAYERS PAYING THEIR BENEFITS, and STATES BEING BROKE AND NOT ABLE TO PAY THEM ANYMORE. My God people, WAKE THE HELL UP!! Just WHAT PART about STATES AND THE FED IS BROKE don't you goddamn people GET??!! FUCK!!

Let's say your business is short on money. You lay off some workers, you try to pay some less, you scale back outlays.

Do you cut advertising? Hmmm, that may further hurt sales..

Do you cut the pay of the workers who are absolutely essential? If you do capitalism dictates they will quit and by and large you will get inferior replacements.

Not a simple question.

Lots of people in other states do those jobs without union thuggery. They are called right to work states. No thuggery.

Lots of people in other states do those jobs without union thuggery. They are called right to work states. No thuggery.

Massachusetts is a "right to work" State and they have more unions than any State I believe? So what does a "right to work" state have to do with unions....?

or is this really envy?

What a stupid comment.

Wishing to treat the strikers in the way they treat us is somehow Hating Teachers?

Massachusetts is a "right to work" State and they have more unions than any State I believe? So what does a "right to work" state have to do with unions....?

google is your friend.

Alabama | Arizona | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Guam | Idaho | Iowa | Kansas | Louisiana | Mississippi | Nebraska | Nevada | North Carolina | North Dakota | Oklahoma |South Carolina | South Dakota | Tennessee | Texas | Utah | Virginia | Wyoming
Right to Work States | National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation

You sure?

I think they tried this in France once.

After the first 2 or 3 got thrown in jail, everyone else just kinda changed their mind. Wink wink, nudge nudge.

Forum List

Back