I wish I had written this....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by asaratis, Jan 15, 2010.

1. asaratis

asaratis Uppity Senior Citizen Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,512
    Words of wisdom. Author unknown.

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency. It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

• Thank You! Thank You! x 6
  2. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    Great quote - I believe it is an updated version of an earlier one...can't quite place it.

Very apt to what is going on in America today...

3. MIPS

MIPS Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +156
    Not really anything profound there since the masses have fallen for the deceptions of charismatic charlatans time and again throughout recorded history (Hitler, Ceaser, Mussolini, Stalin, FDR, etc.., etc...,). The reasons they fall for it vary but generally speaking usually boil down to Fear, Hope and a willingness to believe falsehoods wrapped up in a pretty package regardless of how incompatible said falsehoods are with reality. ;)

4. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    If you just substitute Obama and Bush it works just as well.
    Partisanship sucks.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,654

Yes. People let themselves get sucked in by a smooth talker who promised everything to everyone. Hitler did the same in Germany. OL'BO sucked in quite a few. Enough to make him the Prez.

6. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    While I didn't vote for the man, I was in despair when the R nominee was a total blank like McCain.

In politics you can't beat something with nothing. I think given the information available (Main stream press needs to be accountable for this) the people made the best choice they could at the time.

They know 0bama well now. I doubt they will make the same mistake twice.

7. MIPS

MIPS Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +156
    I don't think you're giving President Obama enough credit though, he successfully ran his campaign as pretty much the polar opposite of President Bush then once in office has so far managed to "out Bush" President Bush, something I personally didn't think was even possible a year ago.

In reality the Obama Campaign slogan should have been "Vote for me, I can't possibly be worse than the last guy" and now we know "Yes You Can". :)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Rinata

Rinata Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +971
    Just more empty talk by people who refuse to give the president a chance. You people always give yourselves away. In your case, it was the term, "man like him".

Words of wisdom?? :lol:

9. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    IMO, the GOP should take most of the blame. Most liberal Democrats are very clear where they stand on the issues. If the GOP hadn't strayed from their conservative roots by spending like drunken sailors and starting unnecessary wars, Obama would not have been elected. Without the GOP to counter the Leftists, most people will simply vote for the 'other' candidate. My hope is that Obama's Leftist policies and the GOP screw-ups will renew the need for a viable 3rd party candidate. Now if only that candidate could get some Electoral Votes, we'd be set! :cool:

10. ihopehefails

ihopehefails BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +228
    I agree with you but a majority of Americans elected him and if it turns out to be a mistake then America will learn from that. Its a part of the political process.