i washed his ipod...it doesnt look good

Leave it alone and see if it works after it completely dries. Odds are it won't. You can get refurbished ipods from the Apple store cheaper than new ones. They are inspected and completely gone over and are exactly like new, even have the one year warranty. We always buy the refurbished ones and so far, no problems. I had problems with the ear buds within the one year warranty. I sent them back and they sent me new ones.

Refurbished iPod - Apple Store (U.S.)

We gave my son had my first ipod (black nano, 2nd gen. great design) when I got a new one. He dropped it on the sidewalk and it . . .was toast. Smushed.

Last edited:
You might try dipping it into some 90% alcohol, which would evaporate any water left in it,

then toss it in the dryer... :lol:

j/k about the dryer, but the alcohol might work. I believe that's what they do when they clean up spills INTO a laptop. (Amazingly enough, this has not happened to me, so far. knock on wood!)

Somebody's going to be pissed tonight when they get home.

Smear some peanut butter on it and give it to the dog. And then just tell him the dog ate and hope for the best.

i wonder if it can be salvaged? and hints?

How did you wash his I pod? Why didn't he have it with him? Did he have it in his pants pocket? Why didn't he remove the Ipod if he had it in his pants pocket? Are you respoondsible for someone else's belongings?

I always yell at hubs to empty his damn pockets before tossing stuff in the laundry. And then I double check all the pockets and inevitably I miss something. :mad:

His ipod in his pocket = his mistake.

If it was old he might be glad to have an excuse to get a new one. Bigger screen and holds more songs but lousier design on the case, imo. Too slippery. Cool colors. The shake feature it stupid.

I heard you could put it in a Bowl of Rice and cover it up, the Rice draws out the water.

Never tried it myself

Good Luck

Yes it works...give it time tho.

Oh...and take some rice out of the rice container....don't dump the ipod in with all your rice like my daughter did to her cell phone....when she dropped it in the TOILET!!!!!!!

i always yell at hubs to empty his damn pockets before tossing stuff in the laundry. And then i double check all the pockets and inevitably i miss something. :mad:

His ipod in his pocket = his mistake.

If it was old he might be glad to have an excuse to get a new one. Bigger screen and holds more songs but lousier design on the case, imo. Too slippery. Cool colors. The shake feature it stupid.

correct it's his respondsibility if it gets damaged then it's his own fault.

Damn. Not good. Not good at all.

If you're heading off to the Apple Store, you wanna take mine along with you. I need a new battery in mine. Damn charge won't last a day. Then again, I use it a lot.

iPod nano, 2nd generation, apple green.

$50 for a new battery. A hell of a lot cheaper than purchasing a new one.

Good luck this evening.
If I came home to find my iPod was washed .... well ... I'd probably cry.

well he wants a bigger one....but then he goes...'after i get a laptop i will get a bigger ipod'

i am not paying for a laptop....unless its one of them for 35 bucks from india....

Forum List

Back