"I was the first & only potential GOP candidate to state there will be no cuts to SS/medicaid/care"

Aries

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2017
New York
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
I was the first & only potential GOP candidate to state there will be no cuts to Social Security, Medicare & Medicaid. Huckabee copied me.

On 60 Minutes in September of 2015, Trump vowed that everyone would be covered if he won. “I am going to take care of everybody. I don’t care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.”

Trump counselor Kellyanne Conway made a promise that almost certainly can’t be met with the House bill: “We don't want anyone who currently has insurance to not have insurance.”

TRUMPCARE
"Takes a machete to Medicaid. The bill would cut $880 billion over 10 years from Medicaid, the program that provides health care to about 74 million poor, disabled and elderly Americans. That’s one-fourth of its budget. As a result, 14 million fewer people would have access to health care by 2026, according to a C.B.O. analysis of the earlier bill, which contained similar Medicaid provisions. The cuts would also hurt special education programs, which receive about $4 billion from Medicaid every year."

Who else gets hit?

"Guts protections for people with pre-existing conditions. An amendment by Representative Tom MacArthur of New Jersey would allow states to waive the requirement that insurers sell policies to people with prior health problems and not charge them higher rates. The chief executive of Blue Shield of California said the bill “could return us to a time when people who were born with a birth defect or who became sick could not purchase or afford insurance.” Republicans say they will require that states with waivers offer high-risk pools and find other ways to help treat these people. The bill offers $138 billion over 10 years to help states pay for such programs. Experts say this is far too little; Larry Levitt of the Kaiser Foundation estimates it would take at least $25 billion a year."

And?.....

"Slashes insurance subsidies. It would provide $300 billion less over 10 years to help people who do not get insurance through employers and have to buy their own policies. This would hurt lower-income and older people the hardest. For example, a 60-year-old living in Phoenix and earning $40,000 would have to pay an additional $12,370 a year to buy a policy, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation. Many people who find themselves in this situation would have no choice but to forgo insurance."

Defunds Planned Parenthood. Republicans have included a provision that takes federal money away from the organization, which provides birth control, cancer screenings and other health services to 2.5 million people, mainly women. About 60 percent of people who use Planned Parenthood depend on government programs like Medicaid.

preexisting condition?- House Passes Obamacare Replacement That Would Cover Just 5% With Preexisting Conditions

Women Share Their Health-Care Stories With #IAmAPreexistingCondition
"Rape survivor, given birth to 2 children, mental health issues. The things that should mean I am strong only mean #iamapreexistingcondition."
"I'm 7yo. W/o insulin, I will die and it will come swiftly. #IAmAPreexistingCondition @Rep_Hunter cares more for $ than kids like me"
"I survived breast cancer last year. Now #IAmAPreexistingCondition"

"
2705.png
Woman
2705.png
20 yr Combat Veteran w/PTSD
2705.png
Chronic Eye symptoms
2705.png
Child w/medical issues

However, according to GOP..#IAmAPreexistingCondition"

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/04/opinion/obamacare-house-vote.html?_r=0