I Want To Strangle The Next Person Who Accuses The GOP of Racism…

I was listening to the Diane Rehm show on NPR earlier today...

one of the panelists expounded upon how she thought Newt’s success in the South Carolina primary was based largely upon what she insisted was the inherent racism of the GOP electorate...

am I the only one who thinks such talk is absolute bulls***...?

Oh come on Bill!!! You know a lot of shit republicans say about Obama and other Black people is code word for ******. Plain and simple. "Food stamp President" "Halfrican American" (like that cocksucker limbaugh says), etc. etc.

There's a difference between simply attacking and disagreeing with his policies and inserting little racial insults and disagreeing with his policies. If I recall correctly, some people or a person in another venue where the restrictions are tight even called him or another Black person a "jigaboo" or "jigaboos". You have assholes portraying Obama speaking in "ebonics" on their sig lines when he doesn't even talk like that. But nooooooooooo that's not a "racist" or bigoted thing right? :))

I know plenty of black folks who think many republicans like Limbaugh, gingrich, etc. are bigots but they like Ron Paul. I find it funny when a bunch of racist neocon crackers attack Ron Paul for his newsletters, yet they are a bunch of racist pigs themselves.

Where would Democrat assholes be without their endless Class Warfare & Race-Baiting? They certainly wouldn't win many Elections without it. It's all in Saul Alinsky's 'Rules for Radicals' if anyone's interested. Stirring up bitterness & hate is what all 'Community Organizers' are taught.

That's pretty funny when you have the neocon pigs "race baiting" and attacking Ron Paul over his newsletter.

Not one has ever given a decent explanation of why Blacks dont vote republican to the tune of 90%+.

They cant do it without saying something racist

Good article.Check this out and see if this strategy doesn't sound familiar today. this was Lee Atwater's description of the modern Southern Strategy:

You start out in 1954 by saying, "******, ******, ******." By 1968 you can't say "******"—that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites.[34]

And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me—because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "******, ******".

And this:
"Few African Americans voted for George W. Bush and other Republicans in the 2004 elections, although it was a higher percentage than any GOP candidate since President Ronald Reagan.[citation needed] Following Bush's re-election, Ken Mehlman, Bush's campaign manager and Chairman of the RNC, held several large meetings with African-American business, community, and religious leaders. In his speeches, he apologized for his party's use of the Southern Strategy in the past. When asked about the strategy of using race as an issue to build GOP dominance in the once-Democratic South, Mehlman replied, "Republican candidates often have prospered by ignoring black voters and even by exploiting racial tensions," and, "by the '70s and into the '80s and '90s, the Democratic Party solidified its gains in the African-American community, and we Republicans did not effectively reach out. Some Republicans gave up on winning the African-American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization. I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong."(Same source as above link)

People will play the racism (or any other) card as long as it works.

I don't care for victimology. I don't know when we became a nation of victims, but I don't think it's something to be proud of, trying to be the biggest victim out there to garner the most sympathy or what not, or teach our children as being something to strive for.

It's not something to be ashamed of either, but way too many people hold it up as if it were some type of accomplishment where the victim should get rewarded with some type of enhanced social status.

Last edited:

one of the panelists expounded upon how she thought Newt’s success in the South Carolina primary was based largely upon what she insisted was the inherent racism of the GOP electorate...

Did you get that from the "Secret Diary of Strom Thurmond"?

Sounds about right to me. Diane Rehm show is special and worth a listen. Absolutely.

This is where I heard Dick and Liz Cheney say USA history should begin with the Reagan Presidency. They want children's book to express their reckless thinking.

People will play the racism (or any other) card as long as it works.

I don't care for victimology. I don't know when we became a nation of victims, but I don't think it's something to be proud of, trying to be the biggest victim out there to garner the most sympathy or what not, or teach our children as being something to strive for.

It's not something to be ashamed of either, but way too many people hold it up as if it were some type of accomplishment where the victim should get rewarded with some type of enhanced social status.

That's true and neither do I, but I also will confront people who DO use that racist shit as just as much as a tool as the "racism or race card". When people like that asshole limbaugh, gingrich etc. use "Halfrican American" and "Foodstamp president", etc, they are using those terms to garner support from a segment of the people who have those racist sentiments.

Sounds about right to me. Diane Rehm show is special and worth a listen. Absolutely.

This is where I heard Dick and Liz Cheney say USA history should begin with the Reagan Presidency. They want children's book to express their reckless thinking.

Gotta link? I'd love to hear that for myself, you know, Dick and Liz Cheney saying that U.S. History should start with Ronald Reagan.

Republicans aren’t racists nor do the party’s policies promote racism. Unfortunately for the GOP, through no fault of its own, racists are disproportionately attracted to the GOP.

There are racists in both parties. My brother is a big lib, but he goes around making cracks about "niggars" all the time.

Can you post one or two of the cracks he's known to make?

I'm just curious is all.

Republicans aren’t racists nor do the party’s policies promote racism. Unfortunately for the GOP, through no fault of its own, racists are disproportionately attracted to the GOP.

There are racists in both parties. My brother is a big lib, but he goes around making cracks about "niggars" all the time.

I'm just curious is all.

my ex father-in-law, the biggest flamin' lib I ever met, would often spout off about "f***in' n*****s" (which made me effin' uncomfortable...) while at the same time saying that their rights needed to be protected, which I couldn't disagree with... gave me a huge headache whenever I was around him...

Just because they want only poor black kids to work as janitors, that does not make them racists.

The most racist thing is how these radical RWers kkkuntinue to DENY the blatant racism within their ranks.

They constantly point and refer to their alleged PAST fights against racism, however, they never seem against it TODAY.

Funny that.

I'm just curious is all.

Why request someone fan the flames of ignorance?

Forum List

Back