I thought GM had paid us back Libs, another Obama lie?

From what I read GM took other TARP money to pay back the loan.

Does that mean they payed back whats owed to the taxpayers??

Don't think so.

GM's Profits are Still a Huge Net Loss For Taxpayers - Megan McArdle - Business - The Atlantic
This is a good story and a very bad event.
The GOP is going to have a field day with this stuff in 2012
But of course, that assumes that the current share price holds. It could well fall over the next few months--or when the government dumps an enormous new supply of GM stock on a market that isn't showing all that much enthusiasm for the product.

Could also become more valuable.

GM took out a TARP loan to help pay the first one, at which time they started an advertising campaign stating "we have paid back the taxpayers 100%"...the campaign didn't last long because people aren't as stupid as they thought.

Nope.

100% unmitigated success.

The United States was on the verge of losing it's auto manufacturing base.

So Ford and all the rest Survived how without the handout's?

Fords balance sheet was certainly healthier. GM was mismanaged to the point of hysteria. Remember the day they all flew in on their G5's looking for a handout? And the guy said 'It's unseemly to get off a private jet with a tin cup in your hand'.
One of the lighter moments in the whole bank swindle deal.

GM paid back the loan. The government still has equity in the company.

^Neither of those is a lie.

Really? Do you have newer Information

General Motors Repays $8.1 Billion in Government Loans - ABC News

GM Pays Back TARP Loans With...TARP Loans! - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

Not so much
wait- you're telling me they repaid the loan out of the lowest-interest bearing account they have access to? Saved less restricted funds for other activities?

shocking, I tell ya! Shocking!

What the fuck do you think the point of that claim is?

Nope.

Nothing spells "success" quite like funneling trillions of dollars to the UAW.

GUARANTEED democrat votes! You're willing to spend EVERY dime the taxpayers have to buy votes for your party, every dime!

The GOP is going to have a field day with this stuff in 2012

As long as they don't leave out the part that George W Bush was the one who started the ball rolling. But never mind, it was the right decision to make and I give Bush credit for starting it and Obama for seeing it through.

Nope.

They didn't survive without handouts.

If GM collapsed, Ford would have gone too.

It's amazing how little some people know how these things work.

Good for me..by the way..I invested in Ford and made a killing..:lol:

GM paid back the loan. The government still has equity in the company.

^Neither of those is a lie.

Really? Do you have newer Information

General Motors Repays $8.1 Billion in Government Loans - ABC News

GM Pays Back TARP Loans With...TARP Loans! - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

Not so much
wait- you're telling me they repaid the loan out of the lowest-interest bearing account they have access to? Saved less restricted funds for other activities?

Wow its that hard to understand is it? They used Tarp funds to Repay a small potion of the loan and then claimed they paid back the entire thing....... Ya I know its hard for you to wrap that little noggin around just doing my bit to help ya.

Nope.

Nothing spells "success" quite like funneling trillions of dollars to the UAW.

GUARANTEED democrat votes! You're willing to spend EVERY dime the taxpayers have to buy votes for your party, every dime!

So a better outcome would have been having the auto industry collapse and having former tax payers on un-employment lines?

Nope.

They didn't survive without handouts.

If GM collapsed, Ford would have gone too.

It's amazing how little some people know how these things work.

Good for me..by the way..I invested in Ford and made a killing..:lol:

As did I. So let me get this right you're saying that by giving GM an unfair advantage of Billions in operating capital it helped Ford Survive? Is that really what you're trying to suggest?

Wow its that hard to understand is it? They used Tarp funds to Repay a small potion of the loan and then claimed they paid back the entire thing....... Ya I know its hard for you to wrap that little noggin around just doing my bit to help ya.

Apparently it IS that hard to understand because you don't get it. They used an escrow account to pay back the 5+/-B tarp loan. Why would they use profits or anything else when they can use an extremely low interest escrow while using five straight quarterly profits to expand operations?

Forum List

Back