I think I heard it all now. Racism and fast food affect Alzheimer's

New Alzheimer’s research announced during the Alzheimer’s Association International Conference has included some groundbreaking insight into how certain factors can effect memory.

• Junk food: high consumption of ultra-processed foods led to a 28% faster decline in cognitive function in a study of more than 10,000 people.
  • Racism: In a study of 1,000 adults, “exposure to interpersonal and institutional racism was associated with lower memory scores, especially among Black individuals.”
  • COVID-19: The lost of smell due to COVID-19 may be a predictor of cognitive impairment.
  • Economic status: According to experts, workers who make more money see less of a memory decline in older age than those who make less money.

Makes you wonder how much of our tax money the Democrats gave them. How do they expect anybody with a half a brain to take this seriously?

Weird how basic data triggers so many people.

I am not sure why anyone would be surprised to find a connection to poor diet and Alzheimer’s. This seems a no brainer (forgive the pun)

I feel like the COVID-19 loss of smell is too soon to put any real stock in to, but I would not be surprised to find it to be that whatever physiological changes that caused the loss of smell, or taste even, would also impact other parts of the body.

The economic status is also not really a surprise either as lower paying jobs in general (though not all, teachers for example are an exception) tend to be more repetitive and physical in nature while not challenging the brain as much, while higher paying jobs tend to be more mentally tasking. In many ways the mind is like the rest of the body it needs to be exercised and challenged to keep it sharp. There are a good number of studies coming out that show video games that take a lot of thought can result in improved memory and less chance of dementia or Alzheimer’s.

The racism finding needs a bit more detail that is for sure. I am going to have to read the studies.

Thanks for the post.

People who consume fast food should pay higher insurance premiums.

Right....... because people can't eat shit at home. They can't eat candies and cakes, popcorn and sugared cereal, low quality fatty beef, chips or pretzels.

So how do you propose that insurance companies determine one is going to fast food places?

They keep coming up with the stupidest shit. Just heard global warming is causing childhood obesity. Now not only have they cancelled personal responsibility, and they keep coming up with imaginary causes, like global warming or systemic racism.

That's the way it works in politics, just like global warming. They get money from the government for various causes. When they go back to the government for more money, they can't say they didn't do shit with the last grant they had. They have to come up with something to show the money went somewhere. If they really didn't make any advancement for their cause, they just make up bullshit.

Last edited:
Weird how basic data triggers so many people.

I am not sure why anyone would be surprised to find a connection to poor diet and Alzheimer’s. This seems a no brainer (forgive the pun)

I feel like the COVID-19 loss of smell is too soon to put any real stock in to, but I would not be surprised to find it to be that whatever physiological changes that caused the loss of smell, or taste even, would also impact other parts of the body.

The economic status is also not really a surprise either as lower paying jobs in general (though not all, teachers for example are an exception) tend to be more repetitive and physical in nature while not challenging the brain as much, while higher paying jobs tend to be more mentally tasking. In many ways the mind is like the rest of the body it needs to be exercised and challenged to keep it sharp. There are a good number of studies coming out that show video games that take a lot of thought can result in improved memory and less chance of dementia or Alzheimer’s.

The racism finding needs a bit more detail that is for sure. I am going to have to read the studies.

Thanks for the post.

And you don't find it ironic that everything they listed are all things Democrats are against? Would you say the same if they determined that people who don't own firearms are more prone to Alzheimer's because they live more fearful, or people who don't practice any kind of religion?

And you don't find it ironic that everything they listed are all things Democrats are against? Would you say the same if they determined that people who don't own firearms are more prone to Alzheimer's because they live more fearful, or people who don't practice any kind of religion?

I do not assume that every researcher is motivated by politics.

If they said it about owning firearms I would laugh as there is no connection between the two. I could see a tie into religion but more so if the person was actively involved in a church. Reading the Bible and studying the bible I would think is a great way to exercise the brain.

I do not assume that every researcher is motivated by politics.

If they said it about owning firearms I would laugh as there is no connection between the two. I could see a tie into religion but more so if the person was actively involved in a church. Reading the Bible and studying the bible I would think is a great way to exercise the brain.

This is completely stupid. It's like when they come up with all these other bogus studies. 70% of cancer patients drank coffee. Well no shit, most Americans drink coffee. Racism is the left's joker card. They can pull it out at will when they are losing a debate or power like with voter-id. So why not create some BS study that says racism promotes Alzheimer's?

This is completely stupid. It's like when they come up with all these other bogus studies. 70% of cancer patients drank coffee. Well no shit, most Americans drink coffee. Racism is the left's joker card. They can pull it out at will when they are losing a debate or power like with voter-id. So why not create some BS study that says racism promotes Alzheimer's?

The racism thing does for sure seem to be a stretch, sadly you link does not have any links to the actual studies themselves so it makes it hard to see what they did and what they found.

But I think the other factors listed are reasonable for the reasons I listed

The racism thing does for sure seem to be a stretch, sadly you link does not have any links to the actual studies themselves so it makes it hard to see what they did and what they found.

But I think the other factors listed are reasonable for the reasons I listed

Of course they're not going to give you any links. it doesn't serve their purpose. You don't need any links to see it's all bullshit.

Boy, I sure do. I didn't used to, but since this century started, it's become very obvious. A buncha leftwing liars, one and all, IMO.

I don't think there is anything in our country that isn't politically motivated these days.

I don't think there is anything in our country that isn't politically motivated these days.
Very true. Movie reviews and casting, school, workplace behavior, grocery store stocking of un-cured and meatless meat, I'm trying to think, but the list just goes on and on. Impossible to live normally anymore unless one shuts out leftists entirely. Which I try to, but they're like ants, infesting everything!

And yet millions try to sneak into this country every year to enjoy what our Constitution provides us.
People in poor countries have always tried to get into a better place to improve their lives and it`s been happening for hundreds, if not thousands of years. What they want is a decent job and food to eat. That`s what all 4 of my grandparents came here for. They`re not coming here to buy assault weapons.

People in poor countries have always tried to get into a better place to improve their lives and it`s been happening for hundreds, if not thousands of years. What they want is a decent job and food to eat. That`s what all 4 of my grandparents came here for. They`re not coming here to buy assault weapons.

I never said they were. But weapons is one of the many things our Constitution provides the people; the ability to defend oneself from predators and tyrannical government alike. it's one of the things in the Constitution you don't like. On the other hand there are few things the left does like about the document.

Forum List

Back