“I Rented an Electric Car for a Four-Day Road Trip. I Spent More Time Charging It Than I Did Sleeping.”

Bite me. You are discussing this with me. Don't go rambling about what some others supposedly argue because you can't address what I am saying

You posted something saying oil is making 6.5% NET profit while the government makes 18 cents. That is not comparing apples to apples.
Bite me, asshole. It was giving fucking context to your post. What oil companies make, and what the feds make.
Don't like it? Tough shit.

Bite me, asshole. It was giving fucking context to your post. What oil companies make, and what the feds make.
Don't like it? Tough shit.

You can not provide context by provided two diverse things. You argued that the government makes more than oil companies.

The gov makes more money on a gallon of gas than the oil companies.
Were you trying to make a point?

Oil companies are making more than 18 cents.

You can not provide context by provided two diverse things. You argued that the government makes more than oil companies.

Oil companies are making more than 18 cents.
You shouldn't mock anyone FOR their reading abilities, pknopp. :eusa_whistle:
I did not argue anything about the government makes more than the oil companies.
I put out 2 numbers to give context, using what the government gets per gallon and what the
year over year profit margin of the oil companies.
I even stipulated in a later post that I wasn't arguing with you.
wtf? trigger often?

You shouldn't mock anyone FOR their reading abilities, pknopp. :eusa_whistle:
I did not argue anything about the government makes more than the oil companies.

I put out 2 numbers to give context, using what the government gets per gallon and what the
year over year profit margin of the oil companies.
I even stipulated in a later post that I wasn't arguing with you.
wtf? trigger often?

You quoted two completely different things. A historical average would not be relevant to what one is making today either.

You quoted two completely different things. A historical average would not be relevant to what one is making today either.
Have you lost it? I did not mention anything about the government making more than the oil companies.
Show me where I did.
You are implying that I did, how disingenuous is that?

Also, I did stipulate that the oil companies profit margin is year over year.
It's how you have to talk about their profits because of how the price fluctuates.
The government is a steady 18 cents a gallon.
Dude, gather yourself up.

So that's how you do it, huh? Had to take it out of context.
This is what your tent is known for, I did think you were above that, but.......

My quote, "

So that's how you do it, huh? Had to take it out of context.
This is what your tent is known for, I did think you were above that, but.......

My quote, "

Your quote is the one I quoted.

Those are your words.

Your quote is the one I quoted.

Those are your words.
If you are comparing taxes paid per gallon of gas to profit from refining oil into gas that's probably true. The margin on refining is low. But if you are counting the profit of the oil itself plus the margin for refining gasoline, it's probably not true.

The best way for people to realize the folly of trying to replace ICE vehicles with EV's is to let them experience it to the fullest extent. Let them get their wish so they can realize for themselves they didn't want what they wished for. You can't fix stupid. You can only let stupid experience stupid for itself.

Forum List

Back