i propose the following bill to replace Obamacare

I don't think Medicare for all is the answer because I don't think that most people look to the government with all of its inherent inefficiencies and bureaucracy to take care of them. Health savings accounts are a really good idea, and over the course of ten years, we probably wouldn't even need insurance companies, which would lead to much more of a free market. The poor and elderly could still have their Medicaid and Medicare, but diminishing the quality of healthcare for everyone else isn't the answer. I've never understood why we would want to turn to a single payer system as the rest of the world is slowly realizing that it's not sustainable and slowly moving toward a privatized system. Health savings accounts and a free market allow Americans to make their own healthcare decisions rather than waiting for some payer source to decide what they can and cannot have.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

HSA's are set up at a bank, you may take a tax deduction each year, same as traditional IRA. You have to have insurance companies to purchase your HSA health insurance compatible plan.

I don't think Medicare for all is the answer because I don't think that most people look to the government with all of its inherent inefficiencies and bureaucracy to take care of them. Health savings accounts are a really good idea, and over the course of ten years, we probably wouldn't even need insurance companies, which would lead to much more of a free market. The poor and elderly could still have their Medicaid and Medicare, but diminishing the quality of healthcare for everyone else isn't the answer. I've never understood why we would want to turn to a single payer system as the rest of the world is slowly realizing that it's not sustainable and slowly moving toward a privatized system. Health savings accounts and a free market allow Americans to make their own healthcare decisions rather than waiting for some payer source to decide what they can and cannot have.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

HSA's are set up at a bank, you may take a tax deduction each year, same as traditional IRA. You have to have insurance companies to purchase your HSA health insurance compatible plan.
Only the wealthy can save enough to pay for one catastrophic medical incident.

The best way to do health insurance is to increase the cost for those who use it more... Therefore, the baby and pre- boomer elderly with big pension checks and 401k's along with those with frequent doctor visits pay the most, while the healthy young people pay the least.

^That's all kind of derpy.

Almost the entire developed world uses single payer and they're not up to their ass in debt partly because of there healthcare system.

Why not?

Because this is the US of A baby, NOT the rest of the world.

XstreetGif_USA.gif

The best way to do health insurance is to increase the cost for those who use it more... Therefore, the baby and pre- boomer elderly with big pension checks and 401k's along with those with frequent doctor visits pay the most, while the healthy young people pay the least.

^That's all kind of derpy.

Almost the entire developed world uses single payer and they're not up to their ass in debt partly because of there healthcare system.

Why not?

Because this is the US of A baby, NOT the rest of the world.

XstreetGif_USA.gif
Interesting, you're OK with spending at least double what other countries pay for healthcare and prescriptions.

It is? So the people who use it most pay the least, and the people who use it the least pay the most? Let me guess, that's your proposal, and honestly the stupidest fucking idea ever.
. Nope, everyone should pay the same dam thing for the same dam product, and people should get the hell out of other people's wallets trying to suggest that those people pay for other people's healthcare, and then have to pay for their own on top of that. That has them paying way to high for a product that is only worth say a dime on the market, yet they pay 40 cents more for it while others pay the dime, and then others pay nothing ?

I'm saying people should be paying for healthcare based on how much they use it and how much they cost the insurance company.

No idea if you've misunderstood what my point is, or you're just drunk.
That's not how insurance works.

Which is exactly why insurance shouldn't be used as our primary means of financing health care.
Yes, single payer is the answer.

Single payer is insurance.

. Dumbest thing I've ever heard. Good grief.

It is? So the people who use it most pay the least, and the people who use it the least pay the most? Let me guess, that's your proposal, and honestly the stupidest fucking idea ever.
. Nope, everyone should pay the same dam thing for the same dam product, and people should get the hell out of other people's wallets trying to suggest that those people pay for other people's healthcare, and then have to pay for their own on top of that. That has them paying way to high for a product that is only worth say a dime on the market, yet they pay 40 cents more for it while others pay the dime, and then others pay nothing ?

I'm saying people should be paying for healthcare based on how much they use it and how much they cost the insurance company.

No idea if you've misunderstood what my point is, or you're just drunk.
That's not how insurance works.

Hilarious.

So you're saying a person who has the same car I do, is the same age, but has 5 more accidents in the past year, and has the same deductible, pays the same amount for insurance as I do? I think you better just stop making an idiot out of yourself in front of everyone.

Forum List

Back